Keto dairy-free Cheesecake

Bluefyre

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Our neighbors went keto a few months back and brought over some cheesecake. It was delicious. I modified her recipe to remove the dairy.

Oven temperature: 375F

Ingredients:

For the crust:
2 cups ground walnuts
1 cup almond flour (or ground pecan)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons xylitol or erythritol
cinnamon/nutmeg/cloves to taste

Mix together and press into 9x9" pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.

In the meantime prepare to top

3 cans organic coconut whipping cream (400 ml each)
5 eggs (warmed to room temperature)
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 tsp vanilla (to taste)
6-8 tablespoons xylitol/erythritol - sweeten to taste. (I do the finger test and add until I like the level of sweetness.)

Whip the coconut cream, add the eggs, whip again, add in the salt, vanilla and erythritol.
Remove the crust from the oven when done, pour the liquid over the crust and bake for 1 hour 15-30 minutes. Remove from the oven when top is browned nicely.

You can drizzle chocolate over the top or add some kind of fruit topping.
Chill in the fridge for a few hours and enjoy.
I also experimented with adding a bit of lemon oil to the custardy part. I think lemon zest would have been better but didn't have lemons. I was reticent to use fresh lemon juice in case it caused curdling. I'm not a very experienced baker so didn't want to take a chance.

A delicious, guilt-free indulgence.

That looks delicious, well done. Can't remember the last time I had cheesecake.

Hm. Rhetorical question: if something is just plain good for the soul at times, like a piece of cheese cake and a cup of French roast coffee; is it better, on a cosmic level, to have an adulterated more healthful version of something that is “close but no cigar”...or the real deal.... or nothing at all?

I usually make cheesecakes for the holidays, was just thinking about a keto version.
I haven't tried walnuts as a pie crust yet - do like using pecans though...
thx for sharing :thup:

Back
Top Bottom