L-Citrulline

WIN 52

The Living Force

I just posted from a quick search of the web.

I have started talking 1,500mg of this twice a day. It seems like this may be a place to look in order to help my body control my out of control blood pressure. Otherwise my health is fairly good right now.

Back in 2007, weighing 330+ lbs, I began detoxing, using Renew life products. I found that it was the betaine hcl they used that was what made it work for me. So I started taking that in high doses. That was a turning point in my battle. Today, I am 180lbs at 5'11.5". The war goes on.

For that, the NOW brand was chosen. The NOW brand has l-citrulline that I began
to use yesterday.

Funny to imagine how something so basic could have such a profound effect.

Day 3, all systems operational. Some need more time with teams in place, resolving minor issues.

Back in 2007, weighing 330+ lbs, I began detoxing, using Renew life products. I found that it was the betaine hcl they used that was what made it work for me.

Congratulations on that transformation and thank you for reminding me I need to take betaine hcl again.

Congratulations on that transformation and thank you for reminding me I need to take betaine hcl again.
Thank you.

I was a whole lot less apprehensive about starting an l-citrulline protocol than back in 2007. In fact, a very high recommendation for everyone to consider. With the changes forthcoming, it would be good to get the machine oiled up.

Betaine HCL, I can't take the doses that I was taking in 2007. Back then it was like throwing a rock at a T rex. Today, a rock at a bug.

I did find that watermelon (which contains citrulline) seemed to reset some of my digestive symptoms, but the effect was cancelled out by the sugar and probably some other stuff in it. I suspected it had to do with electrolytes since it is full of water and sugar. I might try taking it as a pill and see if that helps.

If HCl helps you, then consider supplementing with thiamine. Look at Keyhole's thread on it. At one time I was taking HCl to deal with low stomach acid. I kept taking more and more and more, and I was up to 15 or more pills per meal (my body seems to have no problem at all neutralizing acid, and indeed I never seem to get tired of Kombucha or acidic drinks). When I ran out I just didn't bother getting more.

When I started taking Allithiamine I belched the thiamine at first, but eventually my stomach started to empty normally and that went away, and all sorts of digestive problems started to resolve themselves.

Day 5:
There is a noticeable improvement in general well being.

My legs and feet were becoming a fairly large problem. Left foot crushed in 1980 and right foot paralyzed from a stroke in 2005. I was having problems just walking. My legs wouldn't work.

Yesterday, I felt like going for a walk. I went with my grandson 4 down to the road on a rock hunt. I ended up having to carry him a ways on the walk home. I think he understood that I was struggling a bit when we got to the driveway. He asked to get down off my shoulders for the climb to the house. A week ago, I could not have done that.

My feet don't seem to be as cold as they have been. Also this morning there was a fairly significant cleansing action. The bottom line is that I feel more hopeful for the future. That in itself is significant.

I did find that watermelon (which contains citrulline) seemed to reset some of my digestive symptoms, but the effect was cancelled out by the sugar and probably some other stuff in it. I suspected it had to do with electrolytes since it is full of water and sugar. I might try taking it as a pill and see if that helps.

If HCl helps you, then consider supplementing with thiamine. Look at Keyhole's thread on it. At one time I was taking HCl to deal with low stomach acid. I kept taking more and more and more, and I was up to 15 or more pills per meal (my body seems to have no problem at all neutralizing acid, and indeed I never seem to get tired of Kombucha or acidic drinks). When I ran out I just didn't bother getting more.

When I started taking Allithiamine I belched the thiamine at first, but eventually my stomach started to empty normally and that went away, and all sorts of digestive problems started to resolve themselves.
In the second article or in other literature not posted, they said you would need to eat 2-3 watermelons a day to get 3g of citrulline. That seems to be the minimum amount needed daily for it to do any good. You can take up to 15g/day.

Ever consider taking L-Arginine directly? The NCBI article you posted seems to emphasise that the benefits of L-Citrulline is that it helps increase the bodies production of L-Arginine. Perhaps taking it directly boost results? Just a thought, maybe there's wisdom behind your choice I'm unaware of.

Ever consider taking L-Arginine directly? The NCBI article you posted seems to emphasise that the benefits of L-Citrulline is that it helps increase the bodies production of L-Arginine. Perhaps taking it directly boost results? Just a thought, maybe there's wisdom behind your choice I'm unaware of.
In other literature on the subject, the body can't handle L-Arginine taken directly. It seems to be more efficient to let the liver convert citrulline to arginine. Providing your liver is functional. That way has a much greater effect on the whole system. It seems 8 hour intervals may be best. Taking 4.5g/day will be my next likely step.

I have altered my times for taking the pills. Being as how one meal a day is my new normal for the past year. I have found taking these pills in the evening to not be as effective. Switching to 6:30am and 3pm on an empty stomach seems to work much better.

I can now easily walk more than 100yds without stopping to rest my legs. It was like the muscles weren't getting oxygen. My blood is darker red also. Not so anemic looking. Waste elimination systems seem to be improved. All management systems seem to be improved. This is just my opinion, however time will tell.FB_IMG_1604889019922.jpg

On to the second batch of pills. Still taking 2×1500mg/day.

I have decided to maintain this dosage for a while. It seems rushing this is not that important.

Whatever the cause, my entire system seems to be gradually making improvements in functionality. I would think taking this is not a silver bullet. It took years of abuse for my machine to get this run down. Expecting things to continue improving. The cost is roughly $1 a day.

I have been taking 3g once a day for about a week now. In the morning on an empty digestive system. That seems to work better for me. Breaking it up into 2×1.5g wasn't working that well.

According to the information you need 3g for best results. There are no problems with taking even more at one time.

After using this method for nitric oxide production since November it is clearly necessary. There have been a couple of times waiting for product that I decided would work as a test. The longest stretch was 3 weeks. I was very grateful when the product finally arrived.

Check out nitric oxide for covid. There are quite a few articles about this. Struggling with sharing at the moment.

Still need to read more about it, but here is a link to one article.

This seems to be necessary for me right now. I notice something changes in my nasal passage after taking a 3g dose. There is something to do with delivery of nitric oxide to the body via the nasal cavity.

Bottom line is as a person ages nitric oxide production reduces. Thus the need to supplement your body's production.

This one explains it a bit better.
Thank you WIN52 for posting about your experience with l-citrulline. I read the linked article, very informative. When reading about the effects of l-citrulline, I wondered if it may be efficacious as part of the corona virus protocols?

Back
Top Bottom