Landmass Upliftment during the Last Cycle

cholas

Dagobah Resident
I'm guessing there are many parts of the world's continents that share a similarity in strange(unexplained) geographical topography, but on a recent drive through the Northern Baja(Mexico) and Southern California/Arizona deserts, I was struck with a question that I find intriguing.

I've made this trip numerous times now and each time the incredible lunar-type landscape seems to portray a recent era(10,000years) of being ocean seafloor and in some cases with underwater volcanoes. It always leaves me wondering if indeed during a time of ancient cataclysm this once-seafloor was pushed to sea-level. It is desert, after all, yet all the stone and sand give evidence of wear from water. Lots of water. No rain.

I recall thinking the same thing while traversing I-80 thru Nevada and Utah. Was the Great Salt Lake once an inland Bay? Was a majority of the western U S under water 12,000 years ago?

Clovis Man has been dated to 14,000+ years ago and was discovered in New Mexico(and other areas). If I understand correctly, carbon-dating is not 100% accurate, yet could the mountainous areas of this state have been an island of sorts? And though much has been said about the Empire that was Atlantis(theoretically), what were people doing living in caves during a time of Empire? Or was this immediately after, as in a need for survival?

I'm very curious as to what transpired in what is now the U S at that time as unlike Mexico, there seem to be no "Ancient Ruins" or "Advanced Culture". Are the copper mines/furnaces a clue?

Anyone an alternative geologist/archaeologist? I know the "scientific story" as it is flaunted everywhere. "These plains were formed 1.4 million years ago....." Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom