Lasagna

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This turned out to be pretty awesome!

Serves 6 (large portions) or 8 (smaller portions)

Ingredients

800g beef mince
300g courgette/zuchini
1/3 of a batch of 'nomato' sauce
'cheese' sauce
salt, black pepper, nutmeg, oregano, sage, basil (any other spices you prefer)

Fry the beef mince in a pan (you may need to split it into two batches), with plenty of fat. You only need to brown it for 5 minutes.
Peel the courgettes and slice then thinly (5mm strips it fine)

Place all of the beef mince in one pan, add the spices and half of the 'nomato' sauce.
cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Prepare the 'cheese' sauce.

Once the 'cheese' sauce is ready, pre-heat the oven to 180oC.

Combine the remaining 'nomato' sauce with the beef mince.
Put half of the mince into a over proof dish (mine is a few inches deep and roughly 20x30cm - you may need more courgettes for a larger dish), then add a layer of courgettes and cover with 1/3 of the cheese sauce.
Cover with the remaining beef mince, another layer of courgettes and the remaining cheese sauce (you can put some black pepper on the top).

Bake for 20-30 minutes.

Enjoy! :D

Carbs:
1/3 'nomato sauce' = 20g
'cheese' sauce = 46g
Courgettes (300g) = 9g

Total = 75g

Fat:
'Cheese' sauce 49g
Plus whatever you added to cook with (the 'nomato' sauce absorbs it well), and whatever is in the meat.

Total = 49g+

Serving 6 = 12.5g carbs, 8g+ fat
Serving 8 = 9g carbs, 6g+ fat

Attachments

• 20150814_202815 small.jpg
    20150814_202815 small.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 20150814_203218 small.jpg
    20150814_203218 small.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 247
Beat me to it :D

Ours also used courgette (zuchinni) a substitute for the pasta, although I think you could actually use sliced ham!

Keyhole said:
Beat me to it :D

Ours also used courgette (zuchinni) a substitute for the pasta, although I think you could actually use sliced ham!

Nice idea! Perhaps crispy bacon too? :D
The courgette works really well.

Looks good. I imagine spaghetti squash would also be good with the nomato sauce and cheese.

Thanks RedFox, Ive got the week off so you have inspired me to try these recipes including the cheese sauce. My mouth is watering.

davey72 said:
Looks good. I imagine spaghetti squash would also be good with the nomato sauce and cheese.

I've never been able to find a spaghetti squash in the UK unfortunately. You can chop or peel courgette into strips that work really well (fried in butter for 5-10 minutes) as a spaghetti substitute.
You'd have to cook the cheese sauce somehow (grill it in a dish for 15 minutes?), but the 'nomato' sauce works well as is. I've been having it cold on bacon for breakfast :D

Tracy Anne said:
Thanks RedFox, Ive got the week off so you have inspired me to try these recipes including the cheese sauce. My mouth is watering.

I've been feeling inspired to cook recently too!
If anyone wants to give it a go before me, I found a tapioca pizza crust recipe (substitute almond flour for amaranth or coconut flour if you handle it) here:
Paleo Pizza Crust
Will probably be quite carb heavy in total though.

i heard someone using Leeks for the pasta replacement - like slicing into strips.

Either way - the 'white sauce' top on that looks *NOM* :wow:

We used pork rinds made thin and fried twice as replacement pasta. That works good too!

Attachments

• IMG_2212.jpg
    IMG_2212.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 140
RedFox said:
If anyone wants to give it a go before me, I found a tapioca pizza crust recipe (substitute almond flour for amaranth or coconut flour if you handle it) here:
Paleo Pizza Crust
Will probably be quite carb heavy in total though.

Last year I made a pizza crust with almond flour (ofcourse couldn't do that now) - but I also found how to make nachos.

I made the nachos in pretty much the same way, but rolled it really really thin between two sheet of parchment paper.
I guess it'd work the same with tapioca flour... you cook the whole thing in the oven for 20 minutes until crispy, and then just snap off the pieces.

These nachos would go perfectly with the tomato sauce recipe! :)

Thank you for this Lasange recipe too! :D

Back
Top Bottom