Laura's books at Amazon

G

Gertrudes

As I was "strolling" around at amazon.co.uk, I noticed that Laura's books don't really have many reviews. Some do, but the reviews tend to pend towards average instead of 4 or 5 stars. Amazon.com has a few more reviews for Laura, although the latest wave books seem to have none.

My suggestion would be for us members who have read the books and have benefited from them (and many of us have) to go on both amazon's UK and US sites and write reviews for Laura's books. It doesn't even need to be anything long or complex (ADDED: although if you are prepared to do so, great!), if you don't know what to write perhaps a simple "I thoroughly enjoyed the book, it was extremely well researched" or something along those lines, with 5 added stars.
I just left one review at amazon UK but am unsure of whether to leave more, at least for now. It may seem a bit strange having the same reviewer over and over following each of Laura's books.

In any case, if many of us do it Laura's rating will become more prominent and that, in the eyes of new readers, can make a huge difference in terms of the author's credibility.

What do you all think?

I think it's a great idea. I took a look at Eiriu Eolas and that's in need of reviews too. There's only 2 reviews for it on the US Amazon site.

I think it's pretty normal for people to leave comments on one author or a series of books, but it may be good to leave some other reviews for other books or products for good measure.

The US Amazon FOTCM store:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=B0037ZAKDM&seller=AVRPLDZ7DZZAV

The UK Amazon RPP store:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&isCBA=&asin=1897244487&seller=A1YWOFUN2B542L

The French Amazon Pilule Rouge store:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=A13V1IB3VIYZZH&isCBA=&asin=1897244665&seller=AVY61TM1M5L4G

I think it is an excellent idea. Me too, when I look for a book and hesitated to buy it I take notice of the stars. Not for every book, but for books I really don't know about the author. I will do this today.

Another thing that people can always do is go through the existing reviews and rate the positive ones helpful, the negative ones not. There are also some negative reviews that are bad enough to use the "report abuse" function on. For example, there is a review for The Secret History of the World that says:

I bought this book without checking this person out first. What a mistake. As it turns out she is a known CULT leader and has much info out about her ideas not being founded on real facts. Her work is based on her infering that things are connected, not proving anything. Her ideas are manufactured silliness , not supported, and in many cases proved outright lies. Not history, not real, just imagined and hastily put together. Please just do your research before you make the mistake of buying this . There should be a warning somewhere !!!!

That's just character assassination, and I reported it as abuse earlier today.

I don't go to amazon to look at those things but I will say that I AM surprise that, with so many people on this forum who have read my work, that there aren't more reviews from all of you. Maybe you didn't buy the book from amazon, but you can still write a review.

Laura said:
I don't go to amazon to look at those things but I will say that I AM surprise that, with so many people on this forum who have read my work, that there aren't more reviews from all of you. Maybe you didn't buy the book from amazon, but you can still write a review.

Point taken.

This is a pretty easy and time efficient way for as many forum members as possible to help us out. Amazon book sales are a major source of our funding. You can help a LOT by writing reviews on Laura's books (pick the ones 'sold by Amazon') because that increases the profile of the books on Amazon and thereby increases sales. So not only are you helping to support us with this small effort, but you are also helping to promote the information in the books, that has helped you so much, so that others can become aware of the information and benefit from it as you have.

Please, if you can, make this effort.

Shijing said:
Another thing that people can always do is go through the existing reviews and rate the positive ones helpful, the negative ones not. There are also some negative reviews that are bad enough to use the "report abuse" function on. For example, there is a review for The Secret History of the World that says:

I bought this book without checking this person out first. What a mistake. As it turns out she is a known CULT leader and has much info out about her ideas not being founded on real facts. Her work is based on her infering that things are connected, not proving anything. Her ideas are manufactured silliness , not supported, and in many cases proved outright lies. Not history, not real, just imagined and hastily put together. Please just do your research before you make the mistake of buying this . There should be a warning somewhere !!!!

I've just reported that as abuse as well. Geez.

Shane said:
I think it's pretty normal for people to leave comments on one author or a series of books, but it may be good to leave some other reviews for other books or products for good measure.

Will do. I'll invest on the UK site that's in real need. This will be gradual as I have to build up on reviewing other things as well.

Laura said:

I am suprised as to why I didn't do it before, talk about being slow!

Zadius Sky said:
Shijing said:

I've just reported that as abuse as well. Geez.

Reported as well.

Perceval said:
This is a pretty easy and time efficient way for as many forum members as possible to help us out. Amazon book sales are a major source of our funding. You can help a LOT by writing reviews on Laura's books (pick the ones 'sold by Amazon') because that increases the profile of the books on Amazon and thereby increases sales. So not only are you helping to support us with this small effort, but you are also helping to promote the information in the books, that has helped you so much, so that others can become aware of the information and benefit from it as you have.

Please, if you can, make this effort.

Yes, and it will only take us a couple of minutes. It is such a small effort for supporting something so big, and that can make such a huge difference...

Just opened a new Amazon account (.ca) and it requires a 48 hour waiting period before being able to write a review; this assumes you've made a purchase, too.

I did a review of Secret History and put it on Amazon UK earlier today. I'll do more for the other books over the coming days.

Shane said:

That's a good point. I'll post some reviews of other things I've bought from Amazon in addition to reviews of Laura's books.

Gertrude said:
I'll invest on the UK site that's in real need.

Before I posted my review this afternoon SHOTW had ten reviews and two and a half stars. It now has twelve reviews and three stars. Let's balance the negative reviews and increase its rating to a minimum of four stars!

Shane said:
I think it's a great idea. I took a look at Eiriu Eolas and that's in need of reviews too. There's only 2 reviews for it on the US Amazon site.

The US Amazon FOTCM store:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=B0037ZAKDM&seller=AVRPLDZ7DZZAV

The UK Amazon RPP store:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&isCBA=&asin=1897244487&seller=A1YWOFUN2B542L

The French Amazon Pilule Rouge store:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=A13V1IB3VIYZZH&isCBA=&asin=1897244665&seller=AVY61TM1M5L4G

Is there German store too, for the books in German? Thanks.

Laura said:
How is the "writing reviews" project coming?

Added 2 more reviews today. One of them I had already given but it was to a kindle version, so I decided to add it to the paperback. I'm not yet adding more because I am also writting reviews to other books to build up a balance, otherwise it will be suspicious.
On the latter reviewed Gedgauda's and Levine's books, two books that didn't have many reviews in UK either.

Back
Top Bottom