Le Monde Hit Piece on Sott.net and 'Conspiracy Theorists'

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/247082-Le-Monde-Hit-Piece-on-Sott-net-s-Analysis-of-the-Merah-Case-and-Conspiracy-Theorists-

I guess LeMonde didn't get the memo that they aren't supposed to ever mention SOTT because it is a form of validation of threat and attracts more readers to our site. But then, the whole "cult" thing fell flat - they had to close the investigation because not a single accusation was valid and there was so much proof to the contrary they realized what a blooper they had made listening to the pathological defamers. The Fisc audit that was launched right after also isn't going anywhere because we don't "bilk millions" from our "minions" and we keep good records and are in full compliance with IRS regulations... so, what can they do next? Perhaps it is a sign of desperation. On the other hand, it could be a backdoor method of getting the discussion of Sarko's evil doings out in the public arena in which case, they are just using SOTT like tissue. Hard to tell. Needless to say, we are watching developments with interest.

Having read the LeMonde article, I get the impression that it was written to introduce the idea to the public that there is more to the official story of the Merah case and possibly the DSK one as well. The fact that they also talk about a Zionist plot ties in well with the recent articles LeMonde has written that are fairy critic towards Israel:

_http://www.lemonde.fr/recherche/resultats.html?keywords=israel&token=MTM0MDU0MjA5MDIxMzlKREoxMkoz

IMO, it doesn't look like an attack towards SOTT and the other sites mentioned as it doesn't benefit them at all and, as Laura says, it might be used to get the discussion of Sarkozy's involvement in nefarious dealings to the public.

My first thought was that it was a layered article that was designed to fit into the heads of many different kinds of people. If you're a brainwashed state clone, you just nod your head and move on. If you've got a glimmer of doubt, the article will niggle in your head a bit. If you're looking for clues to dig into finding out more, you'll jump on over to SOTT and find more clues.

Am I mistaken in picking up this ambivalence? Is this a case of reading a French translation and not really understanding it? Or is it garden variety projection on my part?

Gimpy said:
My first thought was that it was a layered article that was designed to fit into the heads of many different kinds of people. If you're a brainwashed state clone, you just nod your head and move on. If you've got a glimmer of doubt, the article will niggle in your head a bit. If you're looking for clues to dig into finding out more, you'll jump on over to SOTT and find more clues.

Am I mistaken in picking up this ambivalence? Is this a case of reading a French translation and not really understanding it? Or is it garden variety projection on my part?

I'm not sure but if you mean that the article was 'designed' to attract some readers to sott then I'm confused. If you mean that it may unintentionally fulfil that purpose, as was Laura's point, then that makes more sense.

Ben said:
Gimpy said:

I'm not sure but if you mean that the article was 'designed' to attract some readers to sott then I'm confused. If you mean that it may unintentionally fulfil that purpose, as was Laura's point, then that makes more sense.

There's a couple of objectives they may be trying to achieve...one being using SOTT to out info about Sarkozy in a backdoor method, but another being to try to discredit SOTT with good researchers who know that a site that is recognized by the PTB as a "conspiracy website" is essentially giving them their stamp of approval, in the same way they have done with Rense and PrisonPlanet. If the second is the case, I believe that makes us closer to endgame than I previously thought, because NOBODY would mention SOTT or link to the site before, even by debunkers...which means they don't care who sees SOTT information anymore.

It is interesting to watch they revived this Merah saga after sarkozy's defeat. Probably some of the accomplices in buerocracy wants to cover up the truth to save their butt , so using the manipulative power of the word "conspiracy" to debunk any truth and glorify their official version or manipulate more.

Oh boy! . you guys never get rest. :(

WhiteBear said:
There's a couple of objectives they may be trying to achieve...one being using SOTT to out info about Sarkozy in a backdoor method, but another being to try to discredit SOTT with good researchers who know that a site that is recognized by the PTB as a "conspiracy website" is essentially giving them their stamp of approval, in the same way they have done with Rense and PrisonPlanet. If the second is the case, I believe that makes us closer to endgame than I previously thought, because NOBODY would mention SOTT or link to the site before, even by debunkers...which means they don't care who sees SOTT information anymore.

That thought occurred to me as well - we might be getting closer to a point where they don't care anymore about the general public getting access to such sites as SOTT. It's indeed true that not so long ago, one'd never have seen SOTT mentioned in any mainstream source, even less on a renowned French newspaper's website. Not even mentioning the fact that the French SOTT report on the Merah case was mentioned, and an extract broadcast, on a famous French webTV, a couple of days ago:
_http://www.arretsurimages.net/contenu.php?id=5055. Adding to that, another mention of SOTT in a 'trendy' music magazine - "Les Inrockuptibles" - last month: _http://www.lesinrocks.com/2012/05/04/actualite/affaire-merah-les-theories-du-complot-se-developpent-sur-le-net-11256786/

That makes 3 mentions of SOTT in mainstream French sources in just a few months, which in itself is quite astonishing, considering the media blackout to which SOTT (along with other serious alt. websites) has been subjected to since the beginning.

But as Dolan says: "[E]vidence [of conspiracy] derived from a grass roots level is unlikely to survive its inevitable conflict with official culture. And acknowledgement about the reality of [conspiracies] will only occur when the official culture deems it worthwhile or necessary to make it."

Something to think about…

I'm curious. Does the article from Le Monde has had an impact on the number of visits ? Or is it too soon to tell ?

Eboard10 said:
Having read the LeMonde article, I get the impression that it was written to introduce the idea to the public that there is more to the official story of the Merah case and possibly the DSK one as well.

IMO, it doesn't look like an attack towards SOTT and the other sites mentioned as it doesn't benefit them at all and, as Laura says, it might be used to get the discussion of Sarkozy's involvement in nefarious dealings to the public.

I must have read a different article to you then. For me it was a very typical and unimaginative attempt to pitch conspiracy theorists as nut cases.

I think there's one thing we should always remember in situations like this, the psychopaths OFTEN fight each other for power. We're usually nothing to them.. slaves, servants, dinner, etc. The "people" they are fighting for power and control are more often than not their own kind, ie other psychopaths.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see one group of psychopaths try to use SOTT against another group of psychopaths in one of their many power struggles. That is what we're all here for in their minds...to be used.

Perceval said:
I must have read a different article to you then. For me it was a very typical and unimaginative attempt to pitch conspiracy theorists as nut cases.

The point I was trying to make is that if they wanted to cover the alternative view of the story they probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all. By doing what they did they gave the opportunity for curious people to check the SOTT website which, assuming Le Monde is an "owned news site", would be really stupid and as you say unimaginative of Le Monde to have done so. The only way I would see this as being mainly an attack on conspiracy theories is if they saw the message by SOTT et al as a credible threat in terms of number of people having read the alternative story, which of course is possible.

Instead, if their aim was to introduce the idea that there was more to the Merah case (for whichever reason) without going "out of line", this allows them to post this by using the 'conspiracy theorists are nuts' case to distance themselves from the message being delivered. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Eboard10 said:
The only way I would see this as being mainly an attack on conspiracy theories is if they saw the message by SOTT et al as a credible threat in terms of number of people having read the alternative story, which of course is possible.

I think that is the most likely case. After all, if our analysis of the Merah case is so ridiculous and outrageous, why would they bother to try to refute it? Wouldn't the truth of its ridiculousness be self-evident and therefore evident to everyone without the need for an article making that point? In short, there's a clear logical fallacy in their argument in the sense that if they go to the trouble of penning an article in a major newspaper, then clearly they realise that there is some threat (as far as they are concerned) and they want to dispel that threat.

WhiteBear said:
If the second is the case, I believe that makes us closer to endgame than I previously thought, because NOBODY would mention SOTT or link to the site before, even by debunkers...which means they don't care who sees SOTT information anymore.

That's kinda scary.

But Guardian may be right: one gang of psychopaths using SOTT to go after another gang.

seek10 said:
It is interesting to watch they revived this Merah saga after sarkozy's defeat. Probably some of the accomplices in buerocracy wants to cover up the truth to save their butt , so using the manipulative power of the word "conspiracy" to debunk any truth and glorify their official version or manipulate more.

Oh boy! . you guys never get rest. :(

Yeah. No rest for the weary.

But you are right, the whole Merah saga had faded from view. SOTT's take on it was just a blip on the radar as far as I can tell, so why the heck bring it back up again? The only answer I can see is that it's supposed to bring people's minds back to Sarko and his possible complicity in all kinds of nasty stuff. Of course, since I can't think like they do, there's probably stuff I'm not taking into account.

IMO, an answer could be that Le Monde's journalist only wants to add discredit to the Conspiracy Theorists in this article, aimed at a French intellectual public, and dispel the threat of questioning the Merah saga.

He doesn't care about mentioning SOTT and giving the links to their website, thinking that the few readers who might get there will find it kind of unbearable to read anyway...

This doesn't elude the possibility of some sort of fight between psychopathic powers, but I guess it might be quite simply a way to say "look, these conspiracy theorists are ridiculous, we are the serious ones and you people are right to think the way we think"

Nevertheless, the great news are that :

the whole "cult" thing fell flat - they had to close the investigation because not a single accusation was valid and there was so much proof to the contrary they realized what a blooper they had made listening to the pathological defamers. The Fisc audit that was launched right after also isn't going anywhere because we don't "bilk millions" from our "minions" and we keep good records and are in full compliance with IRS regulations...

:thup:

what stroke me was that le monde did not mention the channeling connection. If they really wanted to discredit SOTT would they not want to do that? Look these group cooks up his conspiracies by talking with board to some beings not from this world; that would in the eye of the many so called rational intellectual le monde reader be the nail in the coffin. Why are they not playing that card? Seems indeed there is more to it than first meets the eye.

Back
Top Bottom