Le Monde Hit Piece on Sott.net and 'Conspiracy Theorists'

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
what stroke me was that le monde did not mention the channeling connection. If they really wanted to discredit SOTT would they not want to do that? Look these group cooks up his conspiracies by talking with board to some beings not from this world; that would in the eye of the many so called rational intellectual le monde reader be the nail in the coffin. Why are they not playing that card? Seems indeed there is more to it than first meets the eye.

Good point !

Confusion, manipulation, for what, for who ?

Wait and see...

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
what stroke me was that le monde did not mention the channeling connection. If they really wanted to discredit SOTT would they not want to do that? Look these group cooks up his conspiracies by talking with board to some beings not from this world; that would in the eye of the many so called rational intellectual le monde reader be the nail in the coffin. Why are they not playing that card? Seems indeed there is more to it than first meets the eye.

Maybe they don't want to use it just yet...

clerck de bonk said:
Jeremy F Kreuz said:

Or maybe they are fully aware of the defamation laws in France?

Nevertheless, the great news are that :

the whole "cult" thing fell flat - they had to close the investigation because not a single accusation was valid and there was so much proof to the contrary they realized what a blooper they had made listening to the pathological defamers. The Fisc audit that was launched right after also isn't going anywhere because we don't "bilk millions" from our "minions" and we keep good records and are in full compliance with IRS regulations...

:thup:

And I'm very glad to read that to ! :thup:

Laura said:
clerck de bonk said:
Jeremy F Kreuz said:

I don't understand your question, Laura. The simple fact of mentioning your channeling work and associating it with SOTT (which is the case) does not constitute defamation.

Polonel said:
I don't understand your question, Laura. The simple fact of mentioning your channeling work and associating it with SOTT (which is the case) does not constitute defamation.

I'd imagine that if the goal was to hurt SOTT (that stupid investigation having failed and the FISC audit going nowhere) through bad cover in the media, the media would cover their a**** by 'only' mentioning the channeling work/paranormal studies carefully avoiding any defamatory comment, and let the defamers and Bridges' minions in France do the rest, by, for instance, posting defamatory comments to relatively neutral articles published in mainstream media.

Or, they're just too stupid and lazy to make any serious research on what SOTT is about, and they haven't found out yet about the connexion between SOTT and the Cassiopaean scientific experiment aka critical channeling.

Adarym said:
Not even mentioning the fact that the French SOTT report on the Merah case was mentioned, and an extract broadcast, on a famous French webTV, a couple of days ago:
_http://www.arretsurimages.net/contenu.php?id=5055.

I watched this, and their twists are so obviously lame that it was laughable. They used clips from the SOTT report outside of their context, and omitted all the data that was exposed. They used it as a starting platform for their debate, and immediately, everybody jumped in and said "it's ridiculous, stupid, etc." But the thing is, after the show the viewer is left with the impression that "conspiracy" is not so farfetched after all. They made us look good even if they did their best to discredit us!

The journalist who had written the article for Le Monde was there, I believe. One of his theories was that (are you sitting down?) Merah had managed to escape from the building (which was surrounded by 300 cops!) unnoticed, then went to call France 24 (and they know this is a fact because he had a pre-paid phone card that connected to a Spanish phone company(??)), then decided to go back into the building, at which point the police saw him but decided to let him go in silently, thus covering up for their mistake. :rotfl: How is that for IMPOSSIBLE? Why in the word would he have wanted to go back? Why in the world would he have wanted to leave the building when he had two phones (fixed line and cell-phone) himself, and supposedly, he didn't want the call to be anonymous? Why in the world did the police not arrest him alive at that point? Arghhh.... It's so ridiculous that they are making it worse.

Bad publicity is still publicity. I think we might have made them afraid because we were fairly close to the truth. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother doing any "damage control", like Perceval said.

Knowing how most journalists operate, I would not be surprised if they didn't even know about the Cass connection to SOTT. Rather, this is an assault on anyone who questions official stories and they probably quickly went to the Internet to find alternative news commentary sites to find examples for them to twist and turn into straw men. Since they don't accurately portray SOTT's analysis and reduce it to simplistic thinking, they can easily discredit it. Would have been nice to have sent a letter to the editor and seen if they would publish it. Perhaps it's not to late.

The timing is interesting. Isn't Merah's family launching a civil suit against those involved in his killing? So, this would be a volley into the info war for public opinion. The state cannot have people thinking anything other than the official story and civil suits are a lot more difficult to manage, due to the reverse onus, where the respondant has tomprove the accusation is false.

Gonzo

I actually went to read the comments under the video by Arret sur Images, and I think they've really shot themselves in the foot. Most people criticized that journalist with his "official" (totally ridiculous) "explanations". There was one comment accusing SOTT of being a "pro-cult" site, but I'd say, 90% of the viewers who commented (in spite of the obvious general brain-washing they've had about why things can't be a conspiracy) were quite disappointed with the show, and certainly have doubts about the official story surrounding Merah. :evil:

Polonel said:
Laura said:

Polonel, are you unaware of the context in which our many attackers and defamers have made reference to the "channeling"?? I don't think there has ever been a reference made that was not negative in some way.

Perceval said:
Polonel said:
Laura said:

Polonel, are you unaware of the context in which our many attackers and defamers have made reference to the "channeling"?? I don't think there has ever been a reference made that was not negative in some way.
Of course not. But if the article had mentionned that "SOTT is a website derivated from the work of Laura Knight-Jadczyk, who claims to channel beings from an another dimension called the Cassiopaeans", that's not defamation regarding the french law. They would have done this in a harmful way, sure ! But that would not be illegal.

Polonel said:
But if the article had mentionned that "SOTT is a website derivated from the work of Laura Knight-Jadczyk, who claims to channel beings from an another dimension called the Cassiopaeans", that's not defamation regarding the french law. They would have done this in a harmful way, sure ! But that would not be illegal.

True enough in that format. So, question is why didn't they do that?

Laura said:
Polonel said:
But if the article had mentionned that "SOTT is a website derivated from the work of Laura Knight-Jadczyk, who claims to channel beings from an another dimension called the Cassiopaeans", that's not defamation regarding the french law. They would have done this in a harmful way, sure ! But that would not be illegal.

Perhaps because when used it will loose it's potency and they wait until they can get the "most out of the buck"?

Laura said:
Polonel said:

Maybe because they considered that being labelled as "a conspiracy website" is enough, for now, to discredit the content. They used the same old tricks : SOTT is a "conspiracy website", publishing similar informations to what you can also find on far-right, so of course ANTISEMITIC websites, like oulala.net (now closed). Here we go : SOTT is an antisemitic website. It's a big scary word in french medias.

It's the exact same protocol used against french 911 truthers. When the first book of Thierry Meyssan on this topic came out, Arte (a german-french tv channel) rushed a "documentary" known as "Le 11 Septembre n'a pas eu lieu" _http://www.myskreen.com/documentaire/1683-le-11-septembre-n-a-pas-eu-lieu , where they linked Thierry Meyssan to his german publisher, who had some affiliations with the local far-right. Et voilà ! Thierry Meyssan is antisemitic. The lack of imagination of the PTB is astonishing.

Or, as Adaryn wrote, they're just plain lazy, and too numbed by wishful thinking to even consider than channeling exists. I wouldn't be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom