Leadville,CO

On a whim I decided to take a short 2 day camping trip with my friend to Leadville, Colorado. Beautiful as always, I was not disappointed. The mountains where gorgeous and serene. At the same time I had trouble sleeping, the people where inconsiderate and somewhat rude and the fishing wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was odd walking through the old hotels and buildings that weren't boarded up and closed down. Just had an odd feel to it but beautiful as ever. The best part of the trip was driving through the canyons and looking at the ragged rock formations. Rest for the soul is what I would call it.

shadowsaround said:
On a whim I decided to take a short 2 day camping trip with my friend to Leadville, Colorado. Beautiful as always, I was not disappointed. The mountains where gorgeous and serene. At the same time I had trouble sleeping, the people where inconsiderate and somewhat rude and the fishing wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was odd walking through the old hotels and buildings that weren't boarded up and closed down. Just had an odd feel to it but beautiful as ever. The best part of the trip was driving through the canyons and looking at the ragged rock formations. Rest for the soul is what I would call it.

Hi, Shadowsaround:
The Leadville area is indeed beautiful. Mt Massive to the west is an awesome sight. I haven't been there in a few years. Boarded up buildings sounds like the local economy is hurting. It was a blow to them when the moly mine closed and the tourist trade is likely down due to the US economy as a whole.

The mountains are rest for the Soul for sure. I've hiked many miles in the area. I love the deep forests and rocky summits dearly.
The air, the silence, the feeling of being outside my usual environment.

Sounds like you had a good time overall.

Mac

Back
Top Bottom