Learning is fun - at least it should be...

pirron

A Disturbance in the Force
Ponder, Learn by discovery, Don't anticipate, Keep an open mind.

These are not easy to implement in my opinion. I'm curious what You think about aid from John Cleese in this subject matter?

How about playfulness and humor?

I think he makes some good points, and it was an interesting lecture. Especially regarding sitting and pondering sincerely and without anticipation, which could be considered a form of channeling.

Well said Carlise, I didn't see that as a possible form of channelling so that is a new way for me to look at pondering. The comments on playfulness and open humor reminded me of a RSA lecture which states that this approach (which is natural to children IE connected to G's essence perhaps) leads to divergent non linear thinking (which is the "father" of creativity). It's interesting how John connects the sustained, broad, alert, vigilant and open state with the narrow, focused, precise, driven and closed state. In a way his commentary reconciled and unified that duality by showing a great way to balance the two separate states. What I found funny and revealing was his ending comments on keeping creativity out of your subordinates because those jokes really showed a way of the system's controls.
Pirrion I found that approaching a situation with humor helps me deal with anticipation and when its time to act cast out all doubt like coming in as a playful child and out a focused adult.

Back
Top Bottom