Letters to Putin

I also sent a letter of support, making it clear that Russia is not our enemy, that we will not be manipulated into believing that. I can't imagine that Putin himself will read all our words, maybe I'm wrong. What does seem likely though is that somebody in the Kremlin communicates to him that he is receiving lots of really supportive mail from around the world. Hard evidence for him that people around the world and in the West are listening and understand the situation.

While it would be great to think that Putin himself will read these kind words, even if not our focused intent may be also be helpful, like a form of prayer.

While it would be great to think that Putin himself will read these kind words, even if not our focused intent may be also be helpful, like a form of prayer.
Maybe he does indeed, or at least someone around him does and probably pass on the words. Because when I wrote him another letter today regarding his 70th birthday, the letter from the other day showed the status "registered" (not just "received", like the one from 2015). So someone must have read it.

Also, there's a consulate general of the Russian Federation not far from where I live. So went there today and delivered a bouquet of flowers along with a birthday greeting card for Mr. Putin. It was to wish him well representatively (as the items cannot be delivered to him personally), and to express my solidarity as a German with the people from Russia. The people at the consulate were very delighted and grateful, and really, really friendly.

I am sharing this because maybe others of you who live in proximity of a Russian embassy or consulate might want to do something similar to send a signal of support.

Am going to repeat this action as soon as appropriate (around a Russian holiday or something), and a friend is going to come with me who's on the same page regarding Russia and many other things that we discuss here.

I wrote a letter to him today too, this is the first one, I never wrote anything to a political man !

To the President of the Russian Federation.

Dear Mr. President.
As a French citizen, I am one of the many people all over the world who see you and Russia as one of the last major bulwarks fighting against the annihilation of all the highly esteemed moral values that make us human beings. I would like to express my heartfelt feelings and thanks for the sacrifice and bravery of all the innocent lives engaged in the current struggle. As history has proven time and again, Russia is a great country that has always succeeded in overthrowing the forces of evil and repelling invaders. The Second World War is an example that we are eternally indebted to you.
Your personal/political journey, Mr. President, is inspiring in more ways than one because you embody hope! You were able to raise your country from the destruction of the Soviet Union with all the weight of responsibility that this entails for your citizens. Men and women like us can take this same resilience as an example at more individual levels and face the crazy pressure of our corrupt and deeply sick European leaders. I am aware that the road ahead is difficult and that many more events will occur that we will have to face.
To close this letter and with all the respect I have for you Mr. President, I wish you a very happy birthday, see this one as a modest but real gift, that of a true empathy and sympathy towards this archetype that you embody as a pillar for the defense of all the values related to the nature of human beauty.

I wrote a short letter of encouragement and gratitude to Putin thanking him for his courage and compassion and got a response by email in Russian. Translated by deepl.com

Your letter to the President of the Russian Federation has been received. We thank you for your high appreciation of the Head of State's work, We wish you all the best!

Maybe he does indeed, or at least someone around him does and probably pass on the words. Because when I wrote him another letter today regarding his 70th birthday, the letter from the other day showed the status "registered" (not just "received", like the one from 2015). So someone must have read it.

Also, there's a consulate general of the Russian Federation not far from where I live. So went there today and delivered a bouquet of flowers along with a birthday greeting card for Mr. Putin. It was to wish him well representatively (as the items cannot be delivered to him personally), and to express my solidarity as a German with the people from Russia. The people at the consulate were very delighted and grateful, and really, really friendly.

I am sharing this because maybe others of you who live in proximity of a Russian embassy or consulate might want to do something similar to send a signal of support.

Am going to repeat this action as soon as appropriate (around a Russian holiday or something), and a friend is going to come with me who's on the same page regarding Russia and many other things that we discuss here.
Thank you very much for sharing this idea! Never thought about it! I will keep it in mind and try "to follow your footsteps". I have to make a plan for this since the Russian embassy is too far away from me.

But: I decided to wear 3 plastic bracelets in the colors of the Russian flag. I already have the white one as a sign for the unvaccinated and will add the other ones, too. Maybe I make a brooche or a button, too. For me this means an anchor to people whom I share the same values . ..

I got my 3 bracelets and although I usually wear bracelets on my right hand I only feel well when I wear those 3 on my left hand. As far as I know the left hand is meant to come from the inside or the heart and the right side goes along with the outer world. Just interesting!

Back
Top Bottom