Lip Reader Required

Brewer

Jedi Master
Hello everybody!

Are there any lip readers on the Forum? If so I'd like to hire your services to read a about 20 to 30 seconds of video.

Thanks and take care!

Brewer

Unfortunately, I'm not a lip reader, but maybe you could share already the video and sequence you are talking about?
The video is here
At 2:18 she turns off the mike and says something to someone off camera for about 10 seconds.
At 2:50 it happens again for about 10 seconds.
Thanks

Brewer

Thank you for posting the video. Really hard to tell what she may have said there. But I could imagine, that being on a space station is a tough call and everybody on board is working non stop and everything needs to be smooth. Maybe she got just some simple commands or was giving them or just a private talk. I would think that it was considerate of her switching off the mic when she was saying something to crew members and not interrupting the show. Or do you think something else was going on?

Thank you for posting the video. Really hard to tell what she may have said there. But I could imagine, that being on a space station is a tough call and everybody on board is working non stop and everything needs to be smooth. Maybe she got just some simple commands or was giving them or just a private talk. I would think that it was considerate of her switching off the mic when she was saying something to crew members and not interrupting the show. Or do you think something else was going on?

She looks pissed off to me, probably due to that ridiculous hairstyle! Some observations here.
I've sent the video to a professional lip reader, no answer, another wants cash up front with no strings attached, will keep trying.
Here's Cady in the '90s sporting a sensible hairstyle in Spacelab. Why the change in fashion?1585687631349.png

Thanks, Brewer

Some observations here.

Hi Brewer, I couldn't tell what she was saying either, but I agree with Gawan that it was probably just a few private comments not appropriate for the interview. Regarding your observations, I have a few questions, why do you think they would put out fake videos? And is it worth your time and energy to dissect ISS videos minute by minute to figure out which ones are true and which ones are fake? And do you also consider the slightest possibility that your assessment (or some of them) could be wrong?

I'm not a lip reader either so I'm just guessing but it appears to me that she asked someone to turn off the internal com system. I noticed a change in sound quality within the space station after her silent mouthing to the effect that echos which were audible during the upstart prior to the real live transmission are now gone. Those echos marred the understanding of the questions put to her as they were audible multiple times because of the time delay between devices. FWIW.

The video is here

Thanks

Brewer

Anybody else thinking that the background is a set? I mean her hair, earrings and the things that she's directly handling in the foreground seem to be under the effect of a gravity free field, but the cords to the electrical equipment etc in the background don't seem to be.

Anybody else thinking that the background is a set? I mean her hair, earrings and the things that she's directly handling in the foreground seem to be under the effect of a gravity free field, but the cords to the electrical equipment etc in the background don't seem to be.

Well, I think the hair is due to the weightlessness in the ISS. Having anything but a butch cut and it will stand up all over just like that. Don't know how long she's been there, but maybe she started short and it is just growing out?

Well, I think the hair is due to the weightlessness in the ISS. Having anything but a butch cut and it will stand up all over just like that. Don't know how long she's been there, but maybe she started short and it is just growing out?

True.

The background doesn't seem to be in a gravity free field though. Nothing back there seems to be floating - like the cords, the fabric looking thing at the rear left that has folds in the top etc. So it kind of looks as though the astronaut and the things that she is directly handling or interacting with are in a gravity free field in the foreground, but that has been superimposed on a field that isn't in the background.

Hi Jones, I don't think it's a set. See here for another ISS video (I watched it a while ago, and I thought it was pretty cool, especially the view of the Earth from a window, and seeing some other astronauts, including Russians!). In that video you'll also see cords etc. and they are appearing similar to this video. For things like laptops, cords, and other materials, they need to find ways in order to make them somewhat stable (perhaps well attached on both ends; and other methods). In the video I mentioned, you'll even see an equipment that is used to train their muscles with, as you'll see, the handles are not moving upwards when she lets them go.

True.

The background doesn't seem to be in a gravity free field though. Nothing back there seems to be floating - like the cords, the fabric looking thing at the rear left that has folds in the top etc. So it kind of looks as though the astronaut and the things that she is directly handling or interacting with are in a gravity free field in the foreground, but that has been superimposed on a field that isn't in the background.
True, but on the other hand she has this kinda pouch like thing with liquid she puts on a (i think it may be) magnetic thingy when she talks about girls coffee time. First it flabbes a little - than it stands still. for the rest of the vid. upright. if not in a gravity field it would bend down, i think. It is not filled up to an extend that the contents holds it. So it seems to me that the still cables in the background are no proof. Maybe even in a gravity field things can stand still and need an actual cause to move or flab or whatever.

As far as I know all things not immediately needed are secured and stabilized when in a gravity free field environment, precisely to prevent them from floating around and possibly damaging themselves or other equipment, or haphazardly intervening with other activities. Much like on a ship at sea during stormy weather.

When you study the images carefully you can see all sorts of cable binders and clips used to secure those things and attaching them to each other and to the stable elements and fabrics of the station itself.

My two cents. ;-)

And is it worth your time and energy to dissect ISS videos minute by minute to figure out which ones are true and which ones are fake? And do you also consider the slightest possibility that your assessment (or some of them) could be wrong?
Thanks. I hear this one in relation my study of the Apollo record. I don't think it is a waste of time, to me, researching a subject, any subject it worth it you never know what you'll discover! Also, to me, research is simply another way of asking the universe, you put the effort in, the universe answers, you don't have to ask directly, I usually get an answer within a few months.

I don't spend much time on these videos, as a medic I'm a trained observer and certain things stick out, once you have a baseline you can research accordingly. Archaeologists spend years sifting through dirt then one finds something seemingly insignificant that changes the whole narrative. That in itself is informative enough but the reactions of vested interests are quite telling.

Since I began studying the Apollo and other space videos I've been attacked, the typical human based attacks online as per usual but it's the attacks I experience at 3-4 in the morning are most telling. Often happens whenever I'm preparing an observation to post online for discussion or sending an email containing my observations to a researcher for further scrutiny. I wake up to an oppressive, negative and draining presence in my room, it lifts soon after I awake but the effect lingers for one or two days afterwards, feels awful. I'm very familiar with this, it's happened all my life but these ones have a slightly different character, saw my first MIB during an episode in December. Seems that someone doesn't like me posting on such matters, never expected it and though debilitating I don't really mind them as they are educational and good training when resisting future attacks.
Yes, I think it is a set, constructed of real 3D props, there's a circular window on the airlock behind her, you can see her reflection in it sometimes. The way she moves indicates she's in the vomit comet, the zero-G simulating aircraft and not a space station orbiting at a steady speed and trajectory. Don't know how they achieved the earrings and necklace effect, CGI or diamagnetics perhaps but there is no reason for her to suddenly rise up and then go sideways, hanging on for dear life! Look at the tendons and muscles in her right hand and arm! When the ISS moves, it does so only gently, it'd break apart if didn't. That being said I think some footage is filmed in orbit and some elsewhere.
She might have started with a bob or shoulder length hair, her mission lasted for six months. In the the armed forces and emergency services men must keep their hair short. Women with long hair are expected to keep their hair in a bun or tight pony tail, with good reason too as it's a safety issue. I don't know why it doesn't apply in orbit where help is not readily at hand if an emergency should arise. Also, humans constantly shed hair that can clog equipment and can be a vector for disease, should be kept under wraps. Her hair, if clean (she says it is) should behave in similar fashion as if she was under water and wave around, her hair appears to move as a single entity.

Here she is presenting a tour on the ISS she has the same stiff hairstyle, it bounces back into the same arrangement no matter how much she moves her head, right down to the last curled strand. It's rigid enough that the stiff black cable has little effect on it as it catches in her curls, they just flick back into their original position. Don't have to watch it all just from 5:15, her hair is rigid enough to push the storage bag away, everything is weightless in orbit but they still possess mass. Her hair should flatten and yield before moving the bag. As she approaches the camera the black cable is caught on a curl which has enough rigidity to tension it as she moves. All of a sudden the cable is released and it flicks down to her shoulder and the curl flicks up, looks like it's been lacquered.

Here she is on the Vomit Comet.

Her terrestrial hair style @ 1G.
1586143436405.png
Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know if I can find a lip reader who'll do it, stay safe in these insane times!

Back
Top Bottom