List of sticky threads

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
List of sticky threads
The idea for this post began with a desire to review the most essential ideas on the Cassiopaean/SOTT forum, but I found it not so easy to get an overview of the recommended threads.

EDIT 20100609: A lot of changes have happened since the last update in August 2009.

What is new? I have given up on listing the threads by age of the first post, also there is not a special link for each post except in a few cases where that was the easiest way to go. Otherwise I have embedded the names of the post in a hyperlink field so when you click on a name of a thread you will in most cases be redirected to the post where you will find all the sticky threads for that topic, there you have to find the thread you wish to read and click once more.

Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind

Cassiopaean Sandbox
Important threads - What's on your mind
Important threads - Bloggers Blog

Travelogues - no stickies

Tickle Me - no stickies

Important threads - Creative Acts

Important threads - Movies & Trivia: Picks & Pans

Music – no stickies

Important threads - Books

Our 2D Friends – no stickies

Important, not so important and entertaining threads -"Baked Noodles"

Esoterica

The Unexplained
Important threads - Our Haunted Planet

The UFO Phenomena – no stickies

Important thread - Ultra-terrestrial activity

PSI – no stickies

Cryptozoology – no stickies

Important thread - The Dead and the Un-dead

Science

The Real World
Important threads - Our Orwellian World

Environmental Issues – no stickies

Important thread - History

Important thread - Religion

Conspiracy Theory - no stickies

Important threads - Diet and Health

Gardening – no stickies

Important thread - Products and Services

9/11

SOTT

Tech Support
Since this thread is open to all where it is now placed I have removed mention of threads that are not.

Thanks for compiling this! I thought it would be fitting to sticky this thread :cool2:

Hi thorbion,

very good idea!
It gives an very good overview and also a forumite -reading to do- list, regarding where one wants to work on.

Thanks.

Since the first post and version of the sticky threads list, some changes and additions have been made to the sticky thread. Most prominently a few of the Cassiopaean transcripts have left the sticky threads but have gained a place on one of the two new child boards, just as a few later threads have been added to the group of Diet and Health stickies.

As a result I have edited the list in the first post and includes the old for (historic) reference:

thorbiorn said:
The idea for this post began with a desire to review the most essential ideas on the Cassiopaean/SOTT forum, but I found it not so easy to get an overview of the recommended threads.

The following list contains the approximately 100, at the time of posting, highlighted sticky threads, which are the threads that have been made to always appear on top of each forum subcategory. For some sub categories there are not yet any highlighted threads, therefore these do not appear in the list below.

In the cases of more threads within a subcategory, they are in chronological order counted from the date of first post in the thread, determined by comparing the numbers of the threads.

In case of link errors, (it was quite a lot of copy and paste), please notify.

Cassiopaean Sandbox
Newbies Forum and Important Notices to All Forum Members
What's on your mind
Bloggers Blog
Creative Acts
Movies & Trivia: Picks & Pans
Books
Baked Noodles

Esoterica
The Cassiopaean Experiment

Memories, Dreams, Reflections

The Unexplained
Our Haunted Planet
Channel Watch & New Age COINTELPRO
The Dead and the Un-dead

Science
Outer Space and "Inner Space" Sciences
Political Ponerology: Macrosocial Evil
Psychopaths at Home, at work, and in the Garden

The Real World
Our Orwellian World
Religion
COINTELPRO and Disinformation
Diet and Health
Products and Services

9/11
The Pentagon Strike

SOTT
SOTT Focus
SOTT Podcasts

Tech Support
Dr. Bizaramor Strikes Back
Designs of the Times

Hello, I am preparing a new list of sticky threads, so I have 9th of June 2010 taken the old one from post one down and put it in this post so that one can se the development.

thorbiorn said:

The following list contains the approximately 100, at the time of posting, highlighted sticky threads, which are the threads that have been made to always appear on top of each forum subcategory. For some sub categories there are not yet any highlighted threads, therefore these do not appear in the list below.

In the cases of more threads within a subcategory, they are in chronological order counted from the date of first post in the thread, determined by comparing the numbers of the threads.

In case of link errors, (it was quite a lot of copy and paste), please notify.

EDIT: The list has been updated August 22 2009:
Cassiopaean Sandbox
Newbies Forum and Important Notices to All Forum Members
What's on your mind
Bloggers Blog
Creative Acts
Movies & Trivia: Picks & Pans
Books
Baked Noodles

Esoterica
The Cassiopaean Experiment

Memories, Dreams, Reflections

The Unexplained
Our Haunted Planet
Ultra-terrestrial activity
Channel Watch & New Age COINTELPRO
The Dead and the Un-dead

Science
Outer Space and "Inner Space" Sciences
Political Ponerology: Macrosocial Evil
Psychopaths at Home, at work, and in the Garden

The Real World
Our Orwellian World
Religion
COINTELPRO and Disinformation
Diet and Health
Products and Services

9/11
The Pentagon Strike

SOTT
SOTT Focus
SOTT Podcasts

Tech Support
Dr. Bizaramor Strikes Back
Designs of the Times

Hello. These links don't work - they all link to the main page... :/

Hello. These links don't work - they all link to the main page... :/

Thanks for letting us know Pawel.

I guess they got lost with the forum upgrade? I'm not sure. However, you can try searching for the name of the thread with speech marks around the full title, i.e. "Creating a new world". Sadly it's not as convenient, but of the two thread titles i tried looking for, they came up on the first page of search suggestions.

It may be that there's a more updated version of this thread elsewhere that i'm not aware of, but, if not, since lots of threads have come along since this list was created, it may be that it needs some updating anyway with some threads removed and others added.

Thanks for letting us know Pawel.

I guess they got lost with the forum upgrade? I'm not sure. However, you can try searching for the name of the thread with speech marks around the full title, i.e. "Creating a new world". Sadly it's not as convenient, but of the two thread titles i tried looking for, they came up on the first page of search suggestions.

It may be that there's a more updated version of this thread elsewhere that i'm not aware of, but, if not, since lots of threads have come along since this list was created, it may be that it needs some updating anyway with some threads removed and others added.
While reading the EE thread (where there's a some references to other threads) I stumbled upon another way (a tricky one) of getting the "post-forum upgrade" thread address. An example is worth a thousand words :
It works with newly created thread as well (with new addresses). The thread's number (and post's number) is unique. Some threads of this list, though, are being redirected to pages I don't have permission to access. My guess is, over the years , "accessible to all" threads became a bit more restricted, while others may have been deleted/archived. In any case, your mileage may vary with this trick.

Oddly enough, old links to specific posts seem to still be working. If you have a memory of numbers, you can jump to your favorite thread in a flash. The old school way that is :lol:

It may have been said elsewhere, yet I couldn't find anything using the search bar. Thought I would share, it may help other newbies like myself.

Back
Top Bottom