Livin the Law of Accident

Cyre2067

The Living Force
This weekend was crazy so i figured id post a bit cuz well, im bored and at work.

This weekend i went up to nyc for a friends birthday and it just so happened to also be Pride, which means tons of party's, people, and intoxication. Needless to say, it was a blast. It's interesting to see how ill "work" during the week on G's system and then the matrix offers up an insanely fun weekend in order to bring me "back down" to ground level.

I also went with the expectation of finding one thing and ended up getting another, well that's not accurate. I got both, but the later came before and unexpectedly whereas the prior (which was expected/anticipated) took forever and was the source of much frustration. The question begs, if i had no been expecting it would it have arrived more timely?

Experimenting with expectations is difficult, because once the seed of the expectation is in your mind there's no way to eradicate the expectation completely, especially if it something one desires. Therefore i've been pushing expectations out of my mind as much as i can, if it yields results remains to be seen. However i've noticed the best results come when one is not expecting at all, it seems the possibility exists in my mind but conscious awareness is lacking.

I also noticed how we intend to do something and the law of accident intervenes and pushes us one way or another. I've always tended to adapt, to go with the flow of events, and it is clear to me that this accident isn't entirely accidental. What i mean is, from here and as far as our intentions go, it is clearly accident, however from above it seems as if something higher, lizzies, myself in the future, whatever may have orchistrated events in order to push me in a certain direction. Thus far the results have generally been to my liking. What could that indicate?

EsoQuest said:
Cyre2067 said:
Thus far the results have generally been to my liking. What could that indicate?
Nothing Spectacular...
Do I understand correctly if I say that only events which create "frictions" are useful ?

or are you just kidding..maybe it's both.

I do not think that positive things happening to us have no value but that if you're looking to progress spiritually, you learn much more with "negative" events (by that I mean : in opposition of what we'd like/want/wish but that holds a lesson if you can look at it with an open mind).

Cyre, hope you had fun, don't forget to clean up your STS body after use ;)

Here's a quote from Mouravieff's "Gnosis I" which might be relevant:

Mouravieff said:
It is evident that to reach this stage man has to know how to discern these [A & B] influences. This is easy in certain cases. It is altogether different when the action of the General Law manifests itself in the form of temptations, of prelest. 14 In this form, 'A' influences offer a whole gamut of variations starting with seduction in its classical manifestations: money, women, ambition. If we resist these successfully, then prelest takes more and more refined forms, parallel to the 'B' influences, one might say. These forms vary infinitely, because they are related to personal cases.

14. Otherwise said in Russian, prelestchenic: charm, attraction. In the Tradition, the Doctrine of Temptation is developed in detail. It is divided into two parts: Temptations of God's friends, which are good, and Temptations of God's enemies, which are wicked. We find in this practical and particularly suggestive clues.

I mean, i went to the city for a friends birthday and had a great time. I understand that while there i couldn't work. I was too engorged with activity to remember myself more then once or twice the whole time. Things just kept "happening" which is the best way i can explain it (Free drinks, Nice apt to stay in, and a guy im interested in). Afterward, monday/tuesday and even today i can feel that lingering attitude of doing what i want and enjoying it, totally an STS weekend.

I'm slowly realizing my friends aren't so much friends in the sense that i had thought them to be. Many of them are portals throu which the matrix grabs my attention, and since it's face is familiar i greet it with open arms. I do manage to bring up esoterica with some of them and for my friend's bday i gave him a copy of Secret History (buddist, receptive, but also stuck in STS mode).

And while i continue to read G, thus far its yielded insights, but nothing i would deem spectacular in terms of revelations or increases in awareness (can't see the people walking around sleeping yet). Im really enjoying it but its frustrating to see how much of his system depends on group work and then realize one is without a group. The closest thing i have is you guys, and for that i am thankful.

:-)

Just to add a few thoughts here, what I have noticed in my own life,(and as Ryan's post of Mouravieffs explains,) is that whenever I begin to grok the temptations around me, very soon new more tempting scenarios just happen to appear in my life.
Just reading your post about nothing spectacular in the other thread Brent, I think you grokked some important stuff, and then on schedule shortly after, new temptations appeared.

Tigersoap said:
EsoQuest said:
Cyre2067 said:
Thus far the results have generally been to my liking. What could that indicate?
Nothing Spectacular...
Do I understand correctly if I say that only events which create "frictions" are useful ?

or are you just kidding..maybe it's both.
Kidding, but not just. Actually referring to Cyre's previous thread entitled "Nothing Spectacular".

Sometimes a good time is just a good time, and even so how it unfolds is full of lessons. Personally, I prefer the good time lessons to the hard time ones. However, as he stated, Cyre's good times have been frought with predatory presence trying to keep him in a state of "nothing spectacular".

So it depends on the person and what they are dealing with at the time. I don't think it's particularly a matter of good or bad that distinguishes a constructive experience, but how much programming there is in it, or rather how much it keeps us on a tread mill, and how much potential it has to get us off a treadmill.

Usually we are addicted to the good so there is just too much programming presence to help. If we weren't, however, so addicted there is great value in "good" shocks. We all like pleasant surprises, and they can knock us into natural presence as much as bad shocks when approached in a spontaneous manner. That's pretty much the value of not having expectations when having a good time.

Personally, I think this trip was good stress relief. You can't ALWAYS be banging your head on the treadmill. And it gave Cyre a chance to have a good time in a different setting than the one where all the predator zones were being revealed. And then there is the experimentation with expectation.

I, for one, have a lot of expectation regarding long term plans, and little expectation in short term ones. Expectation seems to expend energy, and long term events don't hamper one with immediate negative feedback that can put blocks on happenings.

Even so, fun as it all was, there is always the bigger picture of getting rid of programs so real good times can be had by the individual instead of the predator. Hence, nothing spectacular. Doesn't mean I don't think it was worthwhile, however. Not everything has to be spectacular.

Cyre2067 said:
Im really enjoying it but its frustrating to see how much of his system depends on group work and then realize one is without a group. The closest thing i have is you guys, and for that i am thankful.
Well, I think you can try adapting G's group dynamic to your own life. Just pretend your whole life is a group with every member unconscious of the fact (aside from THIS group of course), and pretend the book is the teacher, whom only you can hear. I think that would be an interesting experiment to run.

Back
Top Bottom