Living in Augmented Reality

Augmented reality or disconnecting from reality?
Very worrying
It seems like a device that could control you behind your back

Oh god that's so weird. I think it's a good visual representation the type of reality people normally live in -- 90% virtual and imaginary.

whitecoast said:
Oh god that's so weird. I think it's a good visual representation the type of reality people normally live in -- 90% virtual and imaginary.

Gurdjieff realized this years ago. Most people are nothing but machines. Now the programming is just more sophisticated and insidious.
God yes, very scary.
But real.
OSIT

casper said:
Customer virtual support?Virtual friends?
Very worrying future :(

Very weird indeed, this seems like an exaggeration of what's already occurring in first world countries.

Very very interesting. We are living in a sort of this reality in the first world. Some people more than others. It is very sad to see how we are simple robots, some more robotic than others, some less. Thanks to share!

Customer virtual support?Virtual friends?
Very worrying future :(

It s like in a game, getting points for doing what they tell you. Now they want to get people addicted to absolute slavery, make it like a game where you re controlled by it, not that they are not already. If it would continue on this trajectory people would get to the level where they would forget their basic biological functions and replace it with virtual so they would die of from not knowing to reproduce or feed when technology falls when one thinks of it, if not becoming before it cyborgs and full metal robots on the outside or AI taking over. The more technology in society means more artificiality and less nature and thus essence.

OMG . . . That was too funny. Like Blade Runner on psychedelics! Did you notice how flat and 2-dimensional everything seemed when her little virtual reality went offline a few times? And when she told that little virtual fox/dog to 'shut-up' at one point?

What it looks like to me is that some people have become so accustomed to flashing lights, incessant sounds, visual ads popping up all over their TV & computer screens, screening out real reality in order to dissociate into hypnotic inflow injections, hyper-activity surround sound & screen viewing, that there's a disconnect from organic life. As if virtual reality is the GMO food for their souls. I can't even take this seriously. It just makes me laugh, it's so not even beyond are you kidding me!!?

I can't even make any judgment about this. It's like the foreign psychopathic predator mind installation. It seems totally foreign and alien. The weirdest part is how ordinary and natural that world appears to be to those who are enthralled with it . . . or hooked on it. I can see that it has addictive properties. Truly a virtual drugging of the sheeple. Aaaaaargh!

I just watched it and was reminded of the series "Black Mirror" which is known to be a Twiglight Zone for modern day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Mirror_episodes
To watch online as it is a british show and hard to find:
_http://stream-tv2.ag/watch-black-mirror-online-streaming/

Some episodes that relate to this kind of technology and the sad future:

The episode "Fifteen Million Merits" is my favorite. It doesn't deal with implants as the above video but a similar dynamic of points.
"The Entire History of You" is spooky- about being able to record every memory and replay it.
"White Christmas" also deals with implants and how it can be ostracizing if you don't play by the rules. It also deals with being inside a virtual world, scary!

I too noticed that the graphics were quite dull and flat. I see this as the future, a few years ago they took somewhat realistic video games and started doing "cell shading" which made it cartoony but "realistic". Many disliked it, but it's become popular now.

Same for the scada control systems that we run at work. But, oddly enough, the super graphical interfaces are now being rejected because they create a lot of confusion for operations staff.
The upgrades we are getting will be more informational/useful, less graphical.

Now a little bit of speculation in how this technology can be pushing us down in consciousness. In the Wave we learned that awareness increases as we go from 2d to 3d and so on. A plant seeks light, water. An insect seeks food, water, ideal conditions. An animal seeks similar but with more spacial awareness.
So, humanity has evolved to be more conscious by seeing the details, not just how warm or tasty something is. The dog follows a scent to find an animal, while we focus more on the big picture to find the same animal.

I see this technology, especially in how colorful and simplistic the UI is, to be very similar to a "scent" but in the form of colors/ flashing lights/annoying sounds. You see people so focused on their gadgets nowadays, not even aware of what they are really reading. It's leaps and bounds less thoughtful than even reading newspaper propaganda!
I think we also see the result in movies and music, shaky cameras and gimmicks in movies, excessive beats/annoying repetitive samples/bad lyrics in music.

Maybe this technology is exactly what STS sees to keep people from progressing in their 3d lessons, by keeping them at awareness levels at or below even animals? If our senses and how we use them interaction with reality, it would be also training people to respond to cues, much like Pavlov did with dogs.

Scary future for the denizens of 3d.

Oh thank you Divide By Zero. That's precisely the word for it. Cartoony! OMG . . . there are so many not-so-wonderful associations with reducing the organic objective world into a cartoon. You know what? That actually has a very ugly evilish feel to it.

Yeah. I watched that Black Mirror series. And, as you said, spooky & scary & very twilight zonish in tone & feel.

Divide By Zero said:
Maybe this technology is exactly what STS sees to keep people from progressing in their 3d lessons, by keeping them at awareness levels at or below even animals? If our senses and how we use them interaction with reality, it would be also training people to respond to cues, much like Pavlov did with dogs.

Scary future for the denizens of 3d.

Eeeeek! Now that's a scary thought (the bolded part of your quote). Yes. It would make sense, wouldn't it?

I gotta say, as horrible, terrible, sad & frustrating as it all is, I'm truly in awe at how STS is able to twist, turn, invert, lie, sneak, tweak, & weasel their way into subverting and seducing human beings into their little traps. It's not that I admire their methods. It's more that it would never occur to me to use these methods to herd others into such a position. Even if I thought it might be for their own good. I'd try reasoning, examples, analogies, allegories, facts, evidence, recordings & videos of actual occurrences. That STS uses such tricks is so alien a concept. I'm actually beginning to think they truly enjoy doing this. That they get a kick out of tricking and deceiving. It's more fun for them. But then it would have to be, yes? Because there's no way STS could use reasoning, analogies, etc., et al to convince people to surrender their souls, bodies & minds because they'd give their game away and people can only be tricked if they don't know they're being tricked. So trickery and deception are the best weapons in their arsenal.

No wonder ignorance endangers. Good Grief Charlie Brown. :O

loreta said:
Very very interesting. We are living in a sort of this reality in the first world. Some people more than others. It is very sad to see how we are simple robots, some more robotic than others, some less. Thanks to share!
yes :( . We get away from nature

Corvinus said:
It s like in a game, getting points for doing what they tell you. Now they want to get people addicted to absolute slavery, make it like a game where you re controlled by it, not that they are not already. If it would continue on this trajectory people would get to the level where they would forget their basic biological functions and replace it with virtual so they would die of from not knowing to reproduce or feed when technology falls when one thinks of it, if not becoming before it cyborgs and full metal robots on the outside or AI taking over. The more technology in society means more artificiality and less nature and thus essence.

So true. We can link this topic to this article currently on SOTT: Illusion of choice - How technology hijacks people's minds
https://www.sott.net/article/318740-Illusion-of-choice-How-technology-hijacks-peoples-minds

nature said:
loreta said:
[...]
So true. We can link this topic to this article currently on SOTT: Illusion of choice - How technology hijacks people's minds
https://www.sott.net/article/318740-Illusion-of-choice-How-technology-hijacks-peoples-minds

Thanks for sharing dreamer - it's well made and was interesting but freaky.

The video posted is a marketers dream and any living being's nightmare. Many of those features in the video are already available in one way or another - like when entering a shop or passing an advertising billboard that can 'read' your phone and advertise according to your 'activity'. I think it hasn't taken off, like with google glass, because in some ways, for now, there is a resistance to the intrusion by many.

I just read that article too nature, and i think it's quite appropriate. Some quotes from it:

When people are given a menu of choices, they rarely ask:

"what's not on the menu?"
"why am I being given these options and not others?"
"do I know the menu provider's goals?"
"is this menu empowering for my original need, or are the choices actually a distraction?" (e.g. an overwhelmingly array of toothpastes)
[...]

When we wake up in the morning and turn our phone over to see a list of notifications — it frames the experience of "waking up in the morning" around a menu of "all the things I've missed since yesterday."

Depending on your lifestyle and aim, technology can work both ways, it can free up more time by enabling you to work in the world more efficiently, or it can tie you to the office 24 hours a day with little excuse for being unavailable. Or in this instance, it can keep you so preoccupied you barely have chance to think....So context is important but ultimately, i don't think it's what we're here for.

Like others have said, it reminds me how many of the main streets of certain cities are already. Years ago when i was looking for external stimuli to drown out my own issues and questions, that bombardment which does everything to prevent your inner dialogue would have seemed ideal. And as nature says, for many it will happen without them even realising. I remember the first touch screen phone i got, and i used to be quite up to date with the newest tech, it was quite exciting and i'd been out of the loop for so long i actually jumped.

I may be reaching, but the C's say the following:

Laura said:
Session Date: June 13th 2015

Laura, Andromeda, and Galatea at the board

Pierre, Perceval, Chu, PoB, Data, Niall, Scottie, Alana, Noko the Wonderdog, Penelope the Superkitty
Can the internet be seen as a "window of opportunity"/"an experiment in human consciousnesses"?

(L) I don't exactly know what the person means... I guess it would be one or the other. Is it a window of opportunity, or is it an experiment in human consciousness?

A: We once told you that your computers would overpower you. Thus neither question is precisely to the point. Internet was initially manifested for practical purposes, then other applications were developed. It could be said that the "experiment" in consciousness appeared in reaction to more positive uses. At present the internet is more a source of confusion and propaganda than anything else. Thus the opening statement is fulfilled.

Q: (L) In other words, the overpowering of people by their computers would be the use of the internet for confusion and propaganda. Is that what we're getting at here?

A: Yes

Q: (L) So, people being taken over in their minds by disinformation, propaganda, lies and so forth on the computer are literally being taken over by their computers?

A: Yes [...]

And the definition of propaganda:
Propaganda is a form of biased communication, aimed at promoting or demoting certain views, perceptions or agendas. Propaganda is often associated with the psychological mechanisms of influencing and altering the attitude of a population toward a specific cause, position or political agenda in an effort to form a consensus to a standard set of belief patterns.[1]

From the article:

While looking down at their phones, they don't see the park across the street with a band playing live music. They miss the pop-up gallery on the other side of the street serving crepes and coffee. Neither of those show up on Yelp's menu.

Watching the video made me think of the hyper sound and look of Pachinko parlors in Japan. I was too young at the time to go in one myself but did walk past some in Naha, Japan in the late 90's. Rows of people seemingly immersed in the slot type machine games they were playing. Apparently the Pachinko machines are now more like video slot machines.

Anyway, disturbing video to say the least..

itellsya said:
Depending on your lifestyle and aim, technology can work both ways, it can free up more time by enabling you to work in the world more efficiently, or it can tie you to the office 24 hours a day with little excuse for being unavailable. Or in this instance, it can keep you so preoccupied you barely have chance to think....So context is important but ultimately, i don't think it's what we're here for.

Yes! The luddites would have us believe that technology in itself is the problem. No, it can be quite useful if one is properly integrated. Some practical examples:

-An anesthesiologist used to have to memorize books and formulas to apply sedation and keep the patient alive. Extensive monitoring was needed. Nowadays, they punch it into a computer that handles it and only react if things don't work. Without the practical knowledge that the past anesthesiologists had, they cannot always be useful if the computer makes a wrong guess!

-Pilots used to have to know how to fly mechanically, by training on smaller planes. The newer Airbus planes, I have been told, actually lock you out of direct control! The controls are there to induce a change, like cruise control in your car. The computer decides if and when it will comply with the desired control change. Pilots who don't keep up to date with practice on real time controls lose the feel on how to actually fly a plane. There were cases where autopilot did wrong things and the pilots couldn't get the feel of the plane in order to correct it.

-Similar dynamic with a plant that is part of my company. They automated everything and people got complacent, not understanding why the computer chooses X or Y. During Hurricane Sandy, the computer couldn't figure out the irregular conditions and ended up doing extremely incorrect corrections. Those operators couldn't restore the normal process for weeks, they had to figure everything out from scratch again! I'm guilty of something like that... being used to having phone numbers in my phone, I only remember a few key ones in memory, lol.

So, if we use technology to skip monotonous steps, but are aware of WHY and HOW it's done, we can work in harmony with the technology, instead of it controlling us- it becomes an extension of us. Much like the subconscious routines in our head, when acknowledged, they no longer control us!

Back
Top Bottom