Looking for an old SOTT article

Hello!

I was searching SOTT for an article, but was not able to find it :(

The article was presenting two maps of Kurdistan state: "before" and "after", they were orange colored, and I cannot reput my hands on it :rolleyes:

I was just looking for it today, so it is not that much important if I do not find it. If it pops up to someone like "oh yes it's this one", I would be very happy to re-read it.

Sorry for the asking, and super thanks :)

know_yourself said:
Hello!

I was searching SOTT for an article, but was not able to find it :(

The article was presenting two maps of Kurdistan state: "before" and "after", they were orange colored, and I cannot reput my hands on it :rolleyes:

I was just looking for it today, so it is not that much important if I do not find it. If it pops up to someone like "oh yes it's this one", I would be very happy to re-read it.

Sorry for the asking, and super thanks :)

Hi Know-Yourself, I did some checking but was unable to come across an article, with before and after maps of Kurdistan. As for content, this article may provide some information on history?

Who are the Kurds? (Map)
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29702440

14 March 2016 - Between 25 and 35 million Kurds inhabit a mountainous region straddling the borders of Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Iran and Armenia. They make up the fourth-largest ethnic group in the Middle East, but they have never obtained a permanent nation state.

In recent decades, Kurds have increasingly influenced regional developments, fighting for autonomy in Turkey and playing prominent roles in the conflicts in Iraq and Syria, where they have resisted the advance of the so-called Islamic State (IS) jihadist group.

Where do they come from?

The Kurds are one of the indigenous people of the Mesopotamian plains and the highlands in what are now south-eastern Turkey, north-eastern Syria, northern Iraq, north-western Iran and south-western Armenia.

Today, they form a distinctive community, united through race, culture and language, even though they have no standard dialect. They also adhere to a number of different religions and creeds, although the majority are Sunni Muslims.

Hello Angelburst,

Thank you for your consideration! If I remember well, it was an article about the Kurdistan, like how "some guys would like it to be", so it was more in the scope of an "Agenda". It was presented as how Kurd people are actually, and the second map, right on the right, was depicting an "unified" Kurdistan.

Hmmm, it seems that Kurd people are in some kind of dreamy situation^^

Syria, Persia, Iraq, Armenia, Turkey! Lol, must be some kind of big challenge for these people to unite :O

Anyway, I have been sharing some time in the past with Kurd people, and throughout my life they always popped in as the poorest and left-behind people. What striked me any time was that these people did not have any country, but indeed a strong sense of identity, culture, and I was always strucked by this feeling of "existence" without material "boundaries".

I will still try to look for the article!

Maybe I will try to look for more here on the forum; maybe that the C's have transmitted some info on the topic.

Thanks a lot!

Hi know_yourself,

Though this isn't exactly what you're looking for, there is this article that contains 9 maps showing the ever-changing borders of the Middle East from the 600's to the present day. It's really darned interesting, though it only has one map showing the borders of Kurdistan.

Thank you Hesper!

I have been through the provided document and it's really well written: it was actually a breathtaking reading!

Meanwhile, I found out the doc I was looking for : it's in French, and that's why I was not able to find it :halo:

Sorry if I asked for it without remembering it was in French. Sorry guys.

I have some Kurd friends, and they kind of have some "nostalgy" of having their own country, kind of dream.

The power of the Kurds threatened to redefine Iraq's borders. However, Kurdistan was confirmed as an autonomous region in the northwest of Iraq with its own regional government in 1970.

I did not know that! I am even asking myself now how it could be that there can be a form of government (1970), but without having clear borders, without being a country? Maybe it is because they were always kind of more or less handled by foreign countries, so that these wouldn't let them go too far. Or maybe it was a good start, and was then stopped in its process of autonomy?

Anyway, here is the French SOTT article I was looking for :

Here is the link : http://fr.sott.net/article/27073-L-Empire-Daesh-et-le-Moyen-Orient-ou-l-inavouable-projet-d-un-pseudo-Kurdistan

And here is the map :

Cartes_Moyen_Orient_Avant_Apr%C3%A8.jpg

Thank you SOTT for your work, and all the information you provide us. Please keep up with your diversity and all the cool articles :)

Thanks again for your helping hands, and sorry for my incomplete request. :)

know_yourself said:
Thank you Hesper!

I have been through the provided document and it's really well written: it was actually a breathtaking reading!

Meanwhile, I found out the doc I was looking for : it's in French, and that's why I was not able to find it :halo:

Sorry if I asked for it without remembering it was in French. Sorry guys.

No problem, glad that you found what you were looking for and found some useful info along the way. Thanks for sharing the map!

Back
Top Bottom