Loreena McKennitt

aurora

Jedi Master
I liked the music 'Prologoue' by Loreena when Signs of the Times opened up.

The original soundtrack from the film Bleu of Krzysztof Kieslowski is one of my favorites, especially the part with the flute and the chorus in Polish. I really recommend that you listen to it and maybe we can hear it at Signs of the Times someday.

I do this all the time: reply to messages well over a month after they've been written when few people are going to ever read them, but whatever.

The composer of the Trois couleurs (Three Colours) trilogy was Zbigniew Preisner. A truly wonderful Polish composer who scored other movies such as The Secret Garden (1993 version), FairyTale: A True Story, the Dekalog television series, and more recently the Vietnam war drama The Beautiful Country. One of my favourite movie composers, Preisner has an ability to create "earthy" and by turns extremely haunting and beautiful music, quite unique in its style. His piano and violin pieces are particularly moving. As a "video artist" who likes to accompany various pieces of footage (such as to do with nature) with music, Preisner is high on my list of composers to use for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom