Losing my voice

lilies

The Living Force
Losing vocal cord function

Lately I was noticing being unable to say the morning or evening prayers: they turned into hoarse whispers, my vocal cords stopped functioning. Only when I raised my voice, did some chunks of words come out, but even then it was like a bad, crackling radio in the movies, where only every third or fourth syllable is being heard.

My day voice - talking to people - became high pitched, like the voice of octogenarians. Like my throat became a whistle and a ridiculous high-pitched old-mans voice would come out. It sounded pathetic.

- Oh, my god! I'm getting throat cancer!
Which was logical, since I "chain-smoked" milk chocolate to increase my work performance and that addiction got bad. So I thought this is a natural conclusion to my chocolate binges. I thought about people getting throat cancer and how I should begin heavy doses of Vit C... and all kinds of general distress thinking patterns surfaced.. No I don't have the money for doctors examination and I do NOT want to hear the Owner of the Death Manual to exclaim, I have cancer.. but maybe a simple examination would have helped.. dunno I had no serious throat pain at all. Only noticed sharp needle-pricks in my throat sometimes.

Turns out, I immersed myself into another supplemental excess entirely! While browsing Vitacost for Vitamin A in fish-oil, I noticed in the user opinions section one older customer exclaiming that he always keeps some tiny glass of distilled water and he always puts into that iodine / Lugols and applies the solution as an eye drops multiple times per day. He claims his vision clears when he does this.

So I tried it out. I noticed during the Summer, when doing athletic training outside and being drenched by rain that my eyes are getting infected from excess rainwater. This solution of distilled water + Lugols cured that condition. Since then I was using it regularly.

I also heard in the H&W radios shows people applying iodine on their legs, ladies on their heels, because the skin soaks it in readily, so they can get their healthy dose of iodine, they claimed.
I thought, that is foolish! Most people here on the Iodine thread are taking way higher doses than that orally.
I jokingly relegated skin-application of iodine to my favorite joking subject matter of skin-poisons used by ninjas in the Middle-Ages in Japan and how females applying lots of make-up resembles to a ninja skin-contact poison quite well.

I didn't realize, that applying potent solutions through the eye - it goes right into the body and its actually is a very potent application!!!

I didn't care too much lately and into that tiny crystal glass (used widely for shots of vodka) I just squirted a whole dropper of Lugols 2% - thinking that people here on the forum always mention higher concentrations being used 5% 10% 12%, etc.. so I will be way below the threshold and completely safe, right? Right?

----
Then I noticed that gradually, then seriously I began losing my voice. In the last couple weeks singing was like listening to a radio station in a hurricane & lightning storm, like every 5th word was being vocalized aloud and frequently only in parts...

So it turns out, that I was iodine-bombarding my body through my eyes with my favorite distilled water + Lugols 2% cocktail and I poured way too much Lugols, a full dropper might contain 20 drops?

As soon as I realized this, I stopped the iodine and only used distilled water to wet / clean my eyelids. Essentially I was always washing my eyelids with thin Lugols and of course half or more of that got into my eyes and I got used to the pain of it.

Couple days after I stopped carpet-bombing my eyes ==> and through it my thyroids with iodine, I began gaining my voice back and now I can sing 'In the Garden' again!!

Whew!....

Last edited:
Yeah, Iodine can be caustic. When I first started and took 4-6 drops, I noticed it could be rough on the throat.

- Oh, my god! I'm getting throat cancer!
Which was logical, since I "chain-smoked" milk chocolate to increase my work performance and that addiction got bad. So I thought this is a natural conclusion to my chocolate binges

Just wondering if there a link between milk chocolate and cancer? I only eat dark chocolate and cacao powder.

I generaly have a hoarse voice, and have to push my diaphragm a lot to make speech clear. That's why I'm a bit monotonous and shy I think. And also why I don't like woodwind instruments (made a PVC and bamboo didigeridoo some years back), and probably smoking too for that matter.

Sometimes my tea is too hot and my throat can get burned. Then I have to back off and let it just be lukewarm while my throat heals. But these days I take 1 drop of 6% Lugol's twice a day 5x week, so I don't notice Iodine's caustic effect on my throat.

I'd be cautious about Lugol's, even diluted in my eyes. I'd want the exact dilution ratio for that. I will put drops of 10 ppm straight colloidal silver in my eye if I think something potentially dirty gets in there. It burns a little, but more annoying is the anxiety of waiting for the drop to fall onto my eye.

Just wondering if there a link between milk chocolate and cancer? I only eat dark chocolate and cacao powder.
I discovered that dark/sour chocolate has exactly as much sugar as milk one. I found that the main concern regarding chocolate is choosing a cheap brand, where the company substitutes refined sugar, butter fat, animal fat with dangerous, health-collapsing substances. Since I used 'pure Milka', my health remained stable, as long as I didn't overindulge.

I made another stupid decision by taking two of this medium-quality multivitamin at each meal. Since it has a thick brown softgel container (no preservatives, that's why I chose it) and I don't want it to get the capsule into my body, I bite down on both softgels to suck out the contents: the strong multivitamin concoction gets to my teeth contributing to 'moving teeth' & weakening gums and I noticed feeling the "spicy" concoction at the back of my throat when I swallow, it sometimes makes me cough. I also swallow the Betaine HCL powder, out of the capsule so essentially I'm over-straining the mycoderm.

The only reason I used chocolate as a source of pythonutrients is lack of money. Now I regularly eat boiled eggs too - free range -, that helps as well. My job is so hard that if my don't get high quality brain nutrients regularly I freeze, cannot do high-quality work, which is the only quality-level that is accepted.

I bite down on both softgels to suck out the contents: the strong multivitamin concoction gets to my teeth contributing to 'moving teeth' & weakening gums and I noticed feeling the "spicy" concoction at the back of my throat when I swallow, it sometimes makes me cough. I also swallow the Betaine HCL powder, out of the capsule so essentially I'm over-straining the mycoderm.

That sounds a bit rough. I'd be worried about HCL powder getting on my teeth. Probably worse than getting stomach acid reflux. The one time a Betaine HCL capsule broke or came apart in my mouth I quickly spat it out and swished a lot of water around in my mouth.

lilies said:
I bite down on both softgels to suck out the contents: the strong multivitamin concoction gets to my teeth contributing to 'moving teeth' & weakening gums and I noticed feeling the "spicy" concoction at the back of my throat when I swallow, it sometimes makes me cough. I also swallow the Betaine HCL powder, out of the capsule so essentially I'm over-straining the mycoderm.
That sounds a bit rough. I'd be worried about HCL powder getting on my teeth. Probably worse than getting stomach acid reflux. The one time a Betaine HCL capsule broke or came apart in my mouth I quickly spat it out and swished a lot of water around in my mouth.

Yeah, that sounds rough. I don't think there's harm in taking this supplement as a softgel, lilies. The softgel capsule ingredients don't sound bad to me! It says on your multivitamin: Softgel capsule (bovine, gelatin, glycerin, water, carbo).

Back
Top Bottom