Lost, then found

DougEE

Jedi
FOTCM Member
It happened again yesterday.
On Wednesday evening, in the dark, a friend of ours was walking from her house out to her car to retrieve something. As she was walking along the side walk she dropped her house keys, but it was dark. The next morning she went out and searched high and low but couldn't find the keys. She called my wife and myself to help in the search as it was possible that they could have dropped in the grass at the edge of the cement walkway. The three of us searched diligently to no avail so we gave up. Then about 15 minutes later as I was going along the same walkway, there they were!! Right on the cement side walk edge in the exact 20 foot section we were all searching just minutes ago. It's like they were saying “Sorry to have taken so long in returning, but we had to do a detour”.
So where were the keys while were searching?

I say it happened again because about 2 months ago I was working on a tractor rear wheel and I had placed a lug nut on the tire. I was deeply engrossed with getting lubricating oil into a hard-to-reach location and clumsily, my sleeve knocked it onto the ground. I immediately searched for it amid the dirt and muddy surroundings. No luck! It couldn't have gone very far as it dropped from a height of about 4 feet. The ground was soft but not oozing water, but you could see the impression of tire tracks in the soil. I kept searching, even under the two rear tires as it could have lodged itself there, or so I reasoned. I needed that lug nut as I didn't have another one that particular size, so I called my wife to search with her eagle eyes (she's very good at finding things). No luck, so I went and got a 6 inch bar magnet with a handle and scanned the whole area under the tractor, close to the tires, even out as far as 6 feet from the rear of the tractor. No luck.
So I gave up and was reasoning that maybe I could find a replacement from a friend. So we went inside for lunch. About 20 minutes later I went out to the tractor to get the lubricating oil for another task, and as I looked down behind the rear tire about a foot I saw the lug nut we had been looking for. It was in the exact same area we had been searching in vain, it was not hidden or covered.
So where was it when we were searching?

DougEE said:
It happened again yesterday.
On Wednesday evening, in the dark, a friend of ours was walking from her house out to her car to retrieve something. As she was walking along the side walk she dropped her house keys, but it was dark. The next morning she went out and searched high and low but couldn't find the keys. She called my wife and myself to help in the search as it was possible that they could have dropped in the grass at the edge of the cement walkway. The three of us searched diligently to no avail so we gave up. Then about 15 minutes later as I was going along the same walkway, there they were!! Right on the cement side walk edge in the exact 20 foot section we were all searching just minutes ago. It's like they were saying “Sorry to have taken so long in returning, but we had to do a detour”.
So where were the keys while were searching?

I say it happened again because about 2 months ago I was working on a tractor rear wheel and I had placed a lug nut on the tire. I was deeply engrossed with getting lubricating oil into a hard-to-reach location and clumsily, my sleeve knocked it onto the ground. I immediately searched for it amid the dirt and muddy surroundings. No luck! It couldn't have gone very far as it dropped from a height of about 4 feet. The ground was soft but not oozing water, but you could see the impression of tire tracks in the soil. I kept searching, even under the two rear tires as it could have lodged itself there, or so I reasoned. I needed that lug nut as I didn't have another one that particular size, so I called my wife to search with her eagle eyes (she's very good at finding things). No luck, so I went and got a 6 inch bar magnet with a handle and scanned the whole area under the tractor, close to the tires, even out as far as 6 feet from the rear of the tractor. No luck.
So I gave up and was reasoning that maybe I could find a replacement from a friend. So we went inside for lunch. About 20 minutes later I went out to the tractor to get the lubricating oil for another task, and as I looked down behind the rear tire about a foot I saw the lug nut we had been looking for. It was in the exact same area we had been searching in vain, it was not hidden or covered.
So where was it when we were searching?

This kind of thing happens to me quite often, one day my son said, "In this house, you lose something and it reappears later," but for him, it becomes almost normal ().
Maybe they are having fun with us as we do with our pets... :D

Notice, that in both instances, there was concentration on a task and the item missing was made of metal. I don't know, what might be behind the occurrence, having experienced a couple of these episodes myself but it seems, the moment you mentally "give up" searching for it and go onto something else, when you come back - the item you were searching for - will be sitting in plain sight?

I don't know, if it's some kind of "glitch" in the fabric of time, as we perceive it, like a temporary phasing in and out or if the degree "of focused concentration" has anything to do with the objects disappearance?

I have often read, that we are "unaware of our full range of mental abilities and how they can affect our environment"? Maybe, when we experience something like this (missing object), we're actually dealing with an innate ability, for which we have no foreknowledge of?

Either way, the experience leaves you feeling frustrated. My last episode, of this type of event, was when I decided to take my office chair out to the back deck, wipe it down, flip it and oil the pump and check the screws. I rolled it out the back kitchen door and placed the screw driver on the flat window ledge next to me. I flipped the chair over, reached for the screw driver - it wasn't there, nor anywhere on the flooring. I had forgotten the small can of oil, so figured I left both inside. Ventured back in, the oil can is on the counter but no screw driver. Just about then, the morning coffee kicked in and the need to use the restroom. Back in the kitchen, I get out the other screw driver, pick up the oil can and go out the back door. Sitting on the ledge - is the other screw driver! I'm standing there - feeling like a complete - jerk! And wondering, if I'm loosing it mentally?

angelburst29 said:
Notice, that in both instances, there was concentration on a task and the item missing was made of metal. I don't know, what might be behind the occurrence, having experienced a couple of these episodes myself but it seems, the moment you mentally "give up" searching for it and go onto something else, when you come back - the item you were searching for - will be sitting in plain sight?

I don't know, if it's some kind of "glitch" in the fabric of time, as we perceive it, like a temporary phasing in and out or if the degree "of focused concentration" has anything to do with the objects disappearance?

I have often read, that we are "unaware of our full range of mental abilities and how they can affect our environment"? Maybe, when we experience something like this (missing object), we're actually dealing with an innate ability, for which we have no foreknowledge of?

Either way, the experience leaves you feeling frustrated. My last episode, of this type of event, was when I decided to take my office chair out to the back deck, wipe it down, flip it and oil the pump and check the screws. I rolled it out the back kitchen door and placed the screw driver on the flat window ledge next to me. I flipped the chair over, reached for the screw driver - it wasn't there, nor anywhere on the flooring. I had forgotten the small can of oil, so figured I left both inside. Ventured back in, the oil can is on the counter but no screw driver. Just about then, the morning coffee kicked in and the need to use the restroom. Back in the kitchen, I get out the other screw driver, pick up the oil can and go out the back door. Sitting on the ledge - is the other screw driver! I'm standing there - feeling like a complete - jerk! And wondering, if I'm loosing it mentally?

These incidents have happened to me many times over the years and I have mostly put it down to mental lapses, but as I became aware of The Seth Material and Laura's experiment with the Cs I've started to question whether it could be alternate realities, dimensional swaps, time loops or some space-time anomaly. But there are difficulties with all these explanations, so I revert back to the mental aspect and our brain invoking some kind of cloaking.
A few years ago, my wife and I were driving along a 3-lane highway and the traffic was very light. Over 100 yards ahead was a stop light that was red and a pickup truck with a cargo trailer attached at the light was having problems. A woman got out of the passenger door and ran to behind the trailer and started to warn the on-coming traffic by waving her hands to direct traffic to other lanes. Meanwhile I saw two men get out of the driver's door, run to the front of the vehicle and started to push it backwards onto the shoulder of the road, but they were unaware of the woman's location. I could see the whole situation unfold and sensed that they were pushing the vehicle and trailer onto and maybe over the woman behind. Time slowed down for me and the events were in slow motion. The woman had her back to the trailer and was unaware that she was in danger. The trailer hit her. Luckily for her, she was a large rolly-polly person and as the trailer wheels were about to roll over her legs, the edge of the trailer nudged her body out of the way just enough. At this point I was almost alongside and could see the trailer wheels missed her legs by only an inch or two. I stopped the car (the slow motion ended here) and ran over to help her up and explain to her how close she was to the danger to which she was oblivious. She was dusty but unhurt.

Afterwards, I asked my wife, who also saw the whole event unfold, whether she had also experienced the slow motion time. She said no, she had no time distortion. So this leads me to think that our individual brains can switch into different modes of perception depending upon the individual circumstances and belief system.

Today, another incident!
I was using my tractor to pull a large pipe, and I was using a 10 foot metal chain. I dragged the pipe into position and then drove back along the 500 foot wooded pathway to get another pipe. I noticed that the chain was no longer on the rear of the tractor, so I must have lost it along the path.
So I walked the pathway once, then twice and then a third time and the chain was nowhere to be seen. It has rust brown links with a silvery end so it would be easily seen on the green grass pathway. As I started my fourth pass along the path I was thinking about how inattention seems to play a big role in all these experiences, and that maybe inattention to detail or objective reality encourages a timeline change. By not paying close attention or being unfocused in our reality somehow makes it easier for a timeline change. As I was thinking these thoughts, THERE it was! The brown chain against the green grass in full view all 10 feet stretched out for all to see. I would have to take at least 3 steps to cross it on EACH of the three previous passes!

Несколько раз в жизни мне приходилось переживать эпизоды связанные с замедлением времени и эффекты дежавю, однако я относился к этому поверхностно, проще говоря не задумывался.
Вчера случилось сразу два эпизода, почти сразу один за другим. Сначала я нашел тиски, железные слесарные тиски. Я потерял их больше года назад, долго искал и в конце концов купил новые тиски. Причем хранил я старые тиски в одном месте, прекрасно помнил где они должны были быть и когда искал их, то в первую очередь искал именно там. Потом уже искал везде ибо думал, что переложил их и забыл об этом. И вот вчера я натыкаюсь на свои старые тиски прямо там где они и должны были быть! Я там все обыскивал неоднократно!
Почти сразу после этого я смотрел хоккейный матч в прямом эфире и в какой то момент я понимаю, что я недавно видел все события, которые происходят передо мной в прямом эфире! Разрыв по времени составил минут 15-20.

Translation
Few times in my life I had to relive episodes associated with a slowing of time and the effects of deja vu, but I treated it superficially, to put it simply not thought of.
Yesterday happened just two episodes, almost immediately one after the other. At first I found the vice, the iron mechanic vice. I lost them over a year ago, looked for a long time and eventually bought new vice. And I kept old vice in one place, perfectly remembered where they had to be and when I looked for them, first of all I looked for it there. Then I searched everywhere because believed that I moved them and forgot about it. And yesterday I stumble upon my old vice right there where they were supposed to be! I've searched all that place many times!
Almost immediately after that I watched the hockey match live and at some point I realize that I recently saw all the events that take place in front of me live! The gap in time was about 15-20 minutes.

Я не могу не поделиться сегодняшними событиями.
На работе я включил секундомер в своем телефоне, заметил что время начало отсчитываться корректно. После этого я отвлекся от секундомера на некоторое время, примерно около 1 минуты, чтобы проследить за процессом, который я замерял. Когда я посмотрел на секундомер, он показывал 127 часов, ХХ минут, ХХ секунд. Меня настолько выбило количество часов на секундомере, что показания минут и секунд я просто не запомнил. Может быть сбой в телефоне? Конечно же может!
Сегодня же вечером я обнаружил, что мой кристалл, который я всегда ношу с собой в мягком мешочке, в кармане брюк, разломился на две неравные части. Точнее сказать - от камня отломился небольшой фрагмент. Для уточнения - физическим трудом я не занимаюсь и подобное воздействие на кристалл минимально.

Translation
I can't help but share today's events.
At work, I turned on the stopwatch in my phone, noticed that the time began to count correctly. After that, I was distracted from the stopwatch for a while, about 1 minute, to follow the process that I was measuring. When I looked at the stopwatch, it showed 127 hours, XX minutes, XX seconds. I was so knocked out by quantity of hours on a stopwatch that indications of minutes and seconds I simply didn't remember. Could there be a malfunction in the phone? Of course it can!
Tonight I discovered that my crystal, which I always carry with me in a soft pouch, in my Trouser pocket, broke into two unequal parts. To be more precise - from the stone broke off a small piece. For detalise - I do not physical work and a similar effect on the crystal is minimal.

I can't help but share today's events.
At work, I turned on the stopwatch in my phone, noticed that the time began to count correctly. After that, I was distracted from the stopwatch for a while, about 1 minute, to follow the process that I was measuring. When I looked at the stopwatch, it showed 127 hours, XX minutes, XX seconds. I was so knocked out by quantity of hours on a stopwatch that indications of minutes and seconds I simply didn't remember. Could there be a malfunction in the phone? Of course it can!
I observed this week my fitbit showed huge numbers and incorrect time. Days afte,r it said battery is low. After charging the battery, all seems to be ok
Tonight I discovered that my crystal, which I always carry with me in a soft pouch, in my Trouser pocket, broke into two unequal parts. To be more precise - from the stone broke off a small piece. For detalise - I do not physical work and a similar effect on the crystal is minimal.
Last week, i couldn't find the crystal charging book. I want it as iwas feeling very down. but couldn't find it. I found it later in the same location searched many times. Similar thing similar decade back happened to me for my passport. I tend to think on the lines Doug mentioned
Lost, then found
These incidents have happened to me many times over the years and I have mostly put it down to mental lapses, but as I became aware of The Seth Material and Laura's experiment with the Cs I've started to question whether it could be alternate realities, dimensional swaps, time loops or some space-time anomaly. But there are difficulties with all these explanations, so I revert back to the mental aspect and our brain invoking some kind of cloaking.

Back
Top Bottom