Magnetic Hill

M

Marie

I went to Magnetic Hill once when I was a kid, and a while back I read about it in a book - I don't remember the title of the book or the author's name, but he was a big fan of Charles Fort's.

What the book says about Magnetic Hill (New Brunswick, Canada) is that it's a place where gravity is inversed and people disappear more than usual. Here is what I remember of being there. It was over 15 years ago, so I forgot details like what the goal of the ride was.

Anyway, some of my siblings and I were on a longer-than-usual car trip and as the car was climbing a hill, my dad said, "Hey kids, look at this!". He stopped the car engine, then took his hands of the wheel... and the car kept on climbing the hill, but not so fast.

My father explained: "It only does that here. The car'll climb the hill on its own, but I'll have to start the motor to make it go down"

But anyway, that book was intriguing - it said, between other things, that there are immortal people living on Earth. It mentioned cases of dimensional window-fallers that seemed to look like us, that were found completely lost, often speaking unheard-of languages, sometimes in possession of maps of places that just don't exist on our Earth. One better-known case is that of Caraboo, that was later debunked as a hoax, but then the explanation of the hoax doesn't exactly hold water.

It also said something that might be interesting from the physics point of view, though it didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't. What I understood of it was that at some level, the Earth isn't so much "round" as a superposition of rather flat "layers". Of course, this is certainly a HUGE oversimplification, but you physics fans out there might have fun with this.

Is there a link that you could give me to read further into this? I am so curious! Thanks!

http://www.research.umbc.edu/~frizzell/gravhills.html

here's a page from some people who did a research on "magnetic hills" and a list of (some of) them. They claim that magnetic hills are, in fact, descending slopes that look like climbing slopes, but I beg to differ. From what I can remember we were really being "pulled up", though now there's the whole selective memory thing. And I can't help but wonder if it really is an optical illusion, then why would the car stop at the "top"? Since what was after was obviously a descending slope, the car should have just kept on rolling, shouldn't it have?

My personal unenlightened guess is that this has to do with EM fields/ some kind of energy. Maybe even a portal of some kind? Anyway sorry, but I could never locate that book again. I think it was pretty old.

Back
Top Bottom