Magnetics, Levitation

crazycharlie

Padawan Learner
on George Ure's Blog today ( June 16-09) at _http://UrbanSurvival.com
he's asking for volunteers to watch U-tube videos for info on magnetics.
I thought this was interesting after reading Laura's recent post (from sessions)
on Stonehenge..

Coping: A Call for "Distributed Research - Magnetics, Levitation * New Electrics"

Either tomorrow, or maybe Thursday, but most likely tomorrow, the new $10-version of the ALTA (Asymmetric Language Translation Analysis) will be issued by Cliff over at _www.halfpasthuman.com . And it makes for an interesting read and will give those who are not familiar with the ground-breaking research based on linguistic shift over time (sampled via spiders that we have off reading everything publicly accessible on the net) a taste of what's to come this fall and into next year. In particular attention, there's this area of magnetics and new electrics that has me enthralled.

"Fine so be enthralled, George."

Go you one better: We've cooked up a new research project and you're welcome to participate - think of it as a 'future jack' or 'helping the future come along' since it hints in this particular direction anyway.

It's an implementation of something which I think may be a whole new way of harnessing human potential to move forward in a never-before-done manner: We're going to try an experiment in something we're calling "widely distributed public research."

----

A little background here: Both Cliff and I often get terribly overwhelmed with how complex our research gets. For example, Cliff is presently knee deep in translating scientific documents covering linguistics (and lots of other fields) from their native Russian into English. The scope of that work is almost overwhelming.

My own interest lays in the direction of something that we 'know' - at least it's hinted at in the predictive linguistics for the next 6-months to year period - where various breakthroughs seem possible-if not LIKELY - in the fields of "new magnetics" and "new electrics."

Now, in order for there to be a breakthrough, the 'design pattern of such usually includes at leasttwo components:

A. A massive amount of research and concept collecting followed by

B. A huge number of trial & error/trial fits of different concepts.

Remember how many conceptual pieces Edison test fit?

Which gets us to the core problem of a new researcher into the field of 'new magnetics' or 'new electrics' - who's got time to do all the research?

Just as an example, Cliff suggested that I hire my son's excess time when he's not doing medical studies - and put him to work watching everything on YouTube that has the term "magnetic" or "magnetism" in the video's subject line. The idea was that he'd watch a video, distill the core concept down to 50-words and lay it on the old man's inbox so it could be fitted with various magnetics experiments I'm doing.

(I'm working on propagation of magnetically offset radio frequency at the moment, so anything that goes to the idea of offsetting E & M fields is of interest...)

The problem is what? As of this morning there are 61,200 returns on YouTube alone with the word 'magnetic' in the topic. Plus another 70,400 videos with the word 'magnetism' in the title. That's hold on to your eyeballs: 131,700 videos to watch...

If we assume they only average 5-minutes in length (although many may be long talks/lectures, then in order to read/research all of YouTube, someone would have to watch just under 11-thousand hours of video. Working 40-hour weeks, that would be 274,375 weeks, or based on a 50-week work year, five a a half years of video watching - and that assumes that no one adds to the video resources between now and then.

Which is nuts! Because inventions and inventors march on.

Worse: The YouTube indexing system doesn't 'core concept' their stuff (not their job, OK?) and it doesn't get into extensibility of concepts...which is where I want to play....

So (going back to one of my favorite books on the Russian science of invention, TRIZ) And Suddenly the Inventor Appeared: TRIZ, the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving I got to asking...Hmmm...How can a group of 40-50-thosuand people a day who read this site be turned into a major breakthrough in magnetics and new electrics? How about by setting up a private super-sized Manhattan Project? Easy! Well, almost....

The general answer is to take the spare time thousands of people have every day and turn it into a massive research project. So I set the input framewor on my IndependenceJournal.com web server because I have oodles of server space & bandwidth there since it's main purpose is to provide redundancy to the _www.urbansurvival.com site and to give people who are in government (and stick-up-their-you-know-what corporate) offices that censor everything but news and research sites, a way to get to UrbanSurvival's daily content at work.

Soo... head on over and take a look at (drum roll please):

_http://magnetics.independencejournal.com/

The more I've been tinkering with the concept (public research clearinghouse) the more I like the idea. A couple of reasons: First, a lot of academics self-filter and because of peer pressure/group think, they don't get into ideas that obviously have some historical basis. Just seems to be beyond their reviewed/group-limited framework.

Example: You may not be aware of it, but there are reports that in parts of Tibet (as well as other ancient cultures) a semi-circle of drums and horns (at specific frequencies) was used to levitate huge stones. Well, I've got some dandy function generators and can buy speakers all day long, so you find the cite and let's go levitate some heavy objects using sound- and if there's anything to it, my digital scale and a half dozen channels of audio at high sound density levels ought to be able to at least record something anomalous, get it?

The one curious thing - at least it strikes me as curious - is that I haven't been able to find the right software to do this public invention & discovery mission. Oh, sure, there are forum software packages, and blogs, and wikis and even curriculum development tools.

But here's the concept: Where is the public knowledge building add-on to something like Wikis? Moodle is fine if you already have a subject area and existing knowledge to package, but it doesn't seem 'research friendly' as in take the following 6-concepts, combine them this way and get back to us...kinda thing. Great stuff for teaching the 'what is already known' - but what about the case where we have so much material that we can't get down to the 'what is known" as a collection of 50-word recipe cards that can then be mixed up in that text case and that, so we can get into the serious business of public discovery?

---

Remember a couple of years back, there was an effort by SETI, I think it was, where the idea was to use a special screen-saver to harness unused computer time and leverage that?

Well, what's interesting is that the human-scale analog to that seems not to have appeared yet.

In truth, this is the kind of "Big Picture Concept" stuff that may have been more appropriate for one of my subscriber reports, but since it depends on massive public participation, even I have to step out of the box every so often and say "Aha! This is for everyone..."

If we want to really solve our energy problems and move along as a world (less pollution and so forth) then obviously those little magnets which keep pressing out and which keep generating electricity when a wire is moved through their fields, is a good place to start.

But again, not by 100,000 people reading a book or a single video, but by a group of people reading 10,000 books, and 70,000 videos and summarizing them into their most concentrated form!

By distilling as much knowledge as we can down into flip cards so that we can figure out first what all the puzzle pieces are, then as we get all the puzzle pieces together, then test fit the most promising and actually do some future-jacking here.

And this is not to take anything away from the excellent sites that are already doing work in the field - such as Tom Bearden's fine site, _www.cheniere.org. I just want to capture the mass of unused brain cells that go surfing on useless website, or which get hooked into spending money on useless baubles off eBay when there's much work to do.

There are all kinds of massive public research projects that need to be done: Optimizing agriculture, optimizing energy, construction, and so forth. But while these topics get touched on by Yahoo Groups and other such outlets, the really useful knowledge tools that collect recipes/concepts and then propose new combinations and summary results of different concept mixes is apparently yet to be invented as a cross between a curriculum development tool, discussion group/forum, a wiki, and a simple database.

Whether this actually goes anywhere beyond an interesting conceptual bit over a cup of coffee with 'George the nutter' seems to have at least some momentary promise, at least that's what's in the linguistics which will be coming out tomorrow or Thursday.

But as a bottom line here's how I see it:

There is a need for massive public research software to learn what isn't known (or which has been forgotten in the ancient past.

Let's try something and see what happens.

According to the rickety time machine, this may be something that's about to get legs. And besides, what's the point of a time machine if we can't beat the crowd now and then, anyway?

---

And sometimes, I just get the concept either wrong - or just ahead of it's time. I trust you remember my Public Design Library concept? The concept of that one is still, in my estimate, a million dollar idea waiting to happen.... Oh well... Maybe now, the timing will be better...

I'll let you know if I get responses... George _http://UrbanSurvival.com

I'm going to have to take the roll of a cynic here and say that this guy sounds like a dreamer.

Not only that, but he seems to be a little too focused on exotic technology instead of practical everyday tech. For instance, I'm sure half the people on this planet could care less about levitating rocks, but show them a cheap, easy way to purify water and you'll be helping billions of people! We tend to lose sight of this and thus valuable energy is misdirected in society. Maybe the author had this stuff in mind too, but he certainly doesn't focus on it in the article.

I found this somewhat humorous:

Remember a couple of years back, there was an effort by SETI, I think it was, where the idea was to use a special screen-saver to harness unused computer time and leverage that?

Well, what's interesting is that the human-scale analog to that seems not to have appeared yet.

And maybe that's a good thing! SETI hasn't produced much more than a UFO debunker's PR dream. Why wouldn't an advanced civilization not use some quantum non-local mechanism (or something similar) for communication. Why limit the search to the spectrum of EM radiation? The assumptions for SETI really show the level of thought that went into such projects

Likewise, the problem I see with this idea is that the focus is too narrow. Why focus on the exotic tech when we haven't even figured out cheap practical solutions for the world's basic technology problems?

That's not to say that the idea of creating a network of sorts isn't a good one, but with the controls and oppression we've seen of exotic inventions and technology I can't imagine TPTB would let such a network get far off the ground.

On a side note, I can't imagine a direct link to Tom Bearden's website will fly well with the mods here.

I don't think he takes SETI seriously but only used that as an example
of using large numbers of people to search the internet.

crazycharlie said:
Example: You may not be aware of it, but there are reports that in parts of Tibet (as well as other ancient cultures) a semi-circle of drums and horns (at specific frequencies) was used to levitate huge stones. Well, I've got some dandy function generators and can buy speakers all day long, so you find the cite and let's go levitate some heavy objects using sound- and if there's anything to it, my digital scale and a half dozen channels of audio at high sound density levels ought to be able to at least record something anomalous, get it?

I will not address the Western scientific aspects of your post. Though intrigueing, it is not my area of experience. I am replying though to the idea of levitation, which is very much a part of Eastern scientific / mystic practices. Specifically, I routinely practice utthapana or "levitation". In fact, there are more than a few Hatha Yoga asanas (poses) that cannot be done without utthapana.

Levitation is a pranic and magnetic matter, and the height obtained is approximate to the electro-magnetic field that the Yogi is able to consolidate. (The key mechanisms exist in the body, they just need to be momentarily centralized.)

Not sure if this helps, but, first, in Yoga, levitation is the ability to overcome physical forces. Second, there are stages within utthapana, such as, the presence of strain and physical effort, then the control of two of the siddhis, namely, 'weight' and 'lightness, smallness'.

Om Peace!
Yogini Valarie Devi

Hi Yogini valarie

yogini valarie said:
Specifically, I routinely practice utthapana or "levitation".

Did you achieve doing utthapana or "levitation by techniques and continuous processes, or naturally while meditating(if it is possible)?
Could you please elaborate a little more...?
This is interesting to me, as there is a family story that the father of my great-grandfather Levites on the outskirts of the village every night, and since then I had curiosity... :)

yogini valarie said:
In fact, there are more than a few Hatha Yoga asanas (poses) that cannot be done without utthapana.

Could you please name some of them?

Pryf said:
Did you achieve doing utthapana or "levitation by techniques and continuous processes, or naturally while meditating(if it is possible)?

It is a practice that must be worked. It can happen spontaneously, but can be called upon at will when approached as a skill.

As to some of the asanas that cannot be done without utthapana, Pry asked:

Pryf said:

Headstand is a good example. Most souls muscle their way through headstand, when in truth, there should be no effort. I routinely demonstrate this to my Yoga students .. how the body naturally floats when this skill is applied.

Continued practice moves this skill off the tapas (the yoga mat) and into daily situations. For example, when I bike or hike, I employ utthapana to overcome obtacles.

Om Peace!
Yogini Valarie Devi

yogini valarie said:
Pryf said:

It is a practice that must be worked. It can happen spontaneously, but can be called upon at will when approached as a skill.

As to some of the asanas that cannot be done without utthapana, Pry asked:

Pryf said:

Headstand is a good example. Most souls muscle their way through headstand, when in truth, there should be no effort. I routinely demonstrate this to my Yoga students .. how the body naturally floats when this skill is applied.

Continued practice moves this skill off the tapas (the yoga mat) and into daily situations. For example, when I bike or hike, I employ utthapana to overcome obtacles.

Om Peace!
Yogini Valarie Devi

Thank you so much Yogini valarie, I am going to take it into account in my daily life.

Back
Top Bottom