Magnetite - The X Files

Nathan

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
After re-reading KAH’s article on magnetite, I recalled that much of series 9 of The X Files included a great deal about magnetite in relation to an alien/human hybrid race - who came to be nicknamed "super-soldiers" by Agents Mulder and Scully. Does anyone remember this? From memory, the super-soldiers that were created by aliens had a high amount of magnetite in their blood and so, when exposed to geographic areas with deposits of magnetite (or some sort of metal that attracts magnetite?), actually causes the magnetite to bleed through the skin and propel the person towards the magnetite deposit (in one episode, a super-soldier gets too close to a rock face loaded with magnetite and is picked up off his feet and slammed through the rock face (or some other metal - I cannot be sure).

The magnetite bleeding through the skin sounds rather off-track (and bizarre!), probably the writer's clever way of giving these super-soldiers a weakness. Despite this, the connection between aliens and magnetite definitely made me take notice. Not to mention the "agreement" between the alien race and the Majestic-12-like group of which The Smoking Man/Cancer Man was a member. And how could I forget the final episode revealing an "invasion" in December, 2012?

Also, Series 10 is currently in production. Expect to see more of The X Files soon.

Hi Nathan, an interesting tidbit I recently learned was that Rick Dotey (of Aviary fame) was hired as a consultant for a couple of years for the X-files.

Dotey is now working on Project Serpo (see the Serpo thread for more info).

Shane

Shane said:
Hi Nathan, an interesting tidbit I recently learned was that Rick Dotey (of Aviary fame) was hired as a consultant for a couple of years for the X-files.

Dotey is now working on Project Serpo (see the Serpo thread for more info).

Shane
Hi there Shane

Another Doty factoid for you. He was also a consultant for Senor Spielbergo's Taken mini-series. Remember the scene with the large silver disk being towed out of the hangar? Rick Doty claims that this is based on a real incident when he was a USAF security policeman.

Just had a quick look around it seems that an X Files 2 movie is in production, thats according to Frank Spotnitz. Nathan, where did you get your info on Series 10? I love that show!

I remember reading about Season 10 in an Australian newspaper. They were halfway through production at the time (six months ago?) I wish I had've taken notice of it so I could source it for everyone. Sorry! Didn't know about the movie sequel though. I don't think that was mentioned in the article.

Back
Top Bottom