makin' videos...

abstract

Dagobah Resident
Hey everyone! So abstract is getting into making his own videos now for youtube! I've soon to have plenty of ideas for videos by myself, but also want to know if there's something anyone would like to see in a video? :D

I pretty much have everything I need, camera, microphone, etc. I still need to get a little more familiar with my video editing software, I probably should go through the manuals tonight!
Also, I shall be adding my own music to the videos.

So if you wanna make a suggestion just go right ahead. The reason I'd like suggestions is not because I can't come up with anything myself, it's because there are so many different tastes out there, I'd like to make
the videos as intellectualy appealing as possible, but also appeal to people who might be having a bad day and want to watch something funny? Everyone likes a good parody, right? :lol:

Hey abstract,

Just checked out your "quick intro" video, nice to see ya :)

abstract said:
[...]

I've soon to have plenty of ideas for videos by myself, but also want to know if there's something anyone would like to see in a video? :D

[...]

The reason I'd like suggestions is not because I can't come up with anything myself, it's because there are so many different tastes out there, I'd like to make
the videos as intellectualy appealing as possible, but also appeal to people who might be having a bad day and want to watch something funny? Everyone likes a good parody, right? :lol:

Imo, it would be good to start off with a topic for each video, then approach it like you're going to write an essay or something. Break it down into an outline, collect images that you can add onto the screen, write a script for the narration, and put it together slowly. Watching videos where somebody is rambling can turn people off, and the "umm" and "uhhh" sounds take up a lot of the time of the vid itself. Fwiw...

As far as potential topics, why not start with something you are interested in? The first one doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just pick something to get the ball rolling. When working in design (whether it's visual images, video or audio), you have to do, and then re-do, and re-do ad infinitum until the final result is distilled. The only way to get into that process is just to start!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

The encouragement is appreciated, jonnyradar. I know, I say like and um and uhh a whole lot, I need to work on that.
Alright so how about if we get that figurative ball rolling! I know! All those monsters i used to drink? I should do a video about how energy drinks are horrible for you! I need to collect some research, ASAP! :scooter:

Back
Top Bottom