Making a difference

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. It is a good reminder that very often, whilst complaining about what we cannot change we oversee or ignore the small first steps we would be able to make to get change started.
And in their inspiring optimism I was reminded of the movie ”Momo” and the old Beppo Roadswepper. I often think of his explanations when I find a task overwhelming me.

https://youtu.be/zpZs1JXI9fk

Thanks for this 'one step at a time' key reminder, maiko.

So much hides behind this simple philosophical approach to daily life, and it creates so many new opportunities because our energy doesn´t get triggered all the time in any and all directions. It also could be translated into C's words, 'don´t anticipate'.

As easy as it may appear at first sight, it´s been for me an ongoing practice to refine day after day. The habit of doing one thing while weighing results and timing is so ingrained that once this dynamic starts falling apart, it´s astounding to acknowledge how many unnecessary concerns and burdens I´ve been used to carry on my shoulders. That´s not to say it´s sometimes a hard nut to crack depending on how much I´m willing to let go of attachment. More practice is on the way :knitting:

hesperides said:
Thanks for this 'one step at a time' key reminder, maiko.

So much hides behind this simple philosophical approach to daily life, and it creates so many new opportunities because our energy doesn´t get triggered all the time in any and all directions. It also could be translated into C's words, 'don´t anticipate'.

Thank you hesperides for your comment and sharing your experience.
Since having joined the forum I am put to a hard test by this elusively simple philosophy. All the knowledge shared in the discussions all those substantial experiences and important sources make me stumble around. I forget about watching my steps and instead of being comfortable with all the bits and pieces of learning I can integrate in my daily life and enjoying even short periods of studying, I tend to look at this vast highway and feel overwhelmed, as I don’t feel fast enough or experienced enough to join into the traffic flow. I always need a moment to remind myself of the importance of the process of learning and that it is okay to start by walking whilst others are driving as long as your on our way and that it is also okay to make a break when needed.

As you said: “More practice is on the way.” :lkj:

Back
Top Bottom