Mary Balogh: “Second-Hand Chances”

Rhys

Jedi Master
My partner loves visiting charity shops. Whenever we go, it usually involves hitting no less than 5-6 at a time and honestly I generally find it a tedious experience.. but in the interests of being tolerant and considerate, I will be as enthusiastic as I can be about the various outfits she shows me and then I will slink off to the book section. 😄

However, today was my lucky day!

I found no less than 16 Mary Balogh books in one shop! 📚 So far, I hadn’t come across any on our charity shop adventures and I’d promised myself I would buy one when I came across one. I took it as a sign from the universe and left with the lot. Bargain! 😁

B5CD1598-465C-4F2F-9A32-FDE3F5122E2B.jpeg

84A74A23-63BB-4C82-9A4E-000D1B815369.jpeg

In my haste, I ended up picking out “Someone to Trust” twice 😂

Seriously though I have no excuse not to play my part in the Romantic Fiction project now. I’d be happy to send these out to others if there’s a U.K. “hub” for book sharing? 🙂

My partner loves visiting charity shops. Whenever we go, it usually involves hitting no less than 5-6 at a time and honestly I generally find it a tedious experience.. but in the interests of being tolerant and considerate, I will be as enthusiastic as I can be about the various outfits she shows me and then I will slink off to the book section. 😄

However, today was my lucky day!

I found no less than 16 Mary Balogh books in one shop! 📚 So far, I hadn’t come across any on our charity shop adventures and I’d promised myself I would buy one when I came across one. I took it as a sign from the universe and left with the lot. Bargain! 😁

View attachment 64764

View attachment 64765

In my haste, I ended up picking out “Someone to Trust” twice 😂

Seriously though I have no excuse not to play my part in the Romantic Fiction project now. I’d be happy to send these out to others if there’s a U.K. “hub” for book sharing? 🙂
Charity shops are great for treasure hunts. Something for everyone! Plus you can just return things there when done with them for a tax credit. I'm glad you made good out of a tiresome activity.

That's great. What a haul! Several of those are parts of other series so you've started quite a journey. You have the first books from at least 3 series so you really have done well.

That’s awesome Rhys! Charity shops (or Op shops as we call it here) are great, you never know just what treasure you might find! Mary Balogh’s books are so beautifully written and very moving, I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading!

Were they expensive? I've got quite a few of her books too. It's a bit weird tho if they have a shirtless guy on the spine of the book though, I try to buy ones that don't.

Defo a good chance of it being a sign, maybe they hold something that would benefit you personally?

Were they expensive? I've got quite a few of her books too. It's a bit weird tho if they have a shirtless guy on the spine of the book though, I try to buy ones that don't.

Defo a good chance of it being a sign, maybe they hold something that would benefit you personally?

Only 85p each! And no shipping costs to deal with 😊 as for something and will benefit me personally, we shall have to “wait and see” 😁

@mugatea I go there with the following list in mind:

Authors are Mary Balogh, Jennifer Ashley, Anna Campbell, Anne Gracie, Alice Chetwynd Ley, Elisa Braden, Emily Hendrickson, Jess Michaels, Scarlett Scott, Dorothy Mack, Laura Kinsale, Georgett Heyer, of course, and a few others.

In future I’ll even ask if they have these authors in the back because sometimes they keep books in the back to take out later if there’s no space, or they’ve not been sorted yet 👍🏻

If it’s got a dodgy picture on the spine… Amazon order it and keep it in a box under the bed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom