Mass Shootings

Carl said:
Niall said:
That's the single best video evidence for multiple shooters I've seen, filmed by a taxi driver who drove from the Mandalay to the concert venue during the shooting.

While she's stuck at the entrance/taxi ramp at the beginning of that video, you can clearly hear that gunfire is coming from at least two different locations; one that is close (above her head, presumably, from inside the Mandalay) and one or more from elsewhere, further away.

I haven't studied this extensively but it's in an empty city street at night, with nobody around, and lots of tall buildings to reverberate sound. There is a possibility that it was just echoing.

I don't think that's likely because the buildings are so far apart. It's not very good acoustics.

I didn't listen to the whole video, but just from the beginning it's clear that there were guns going off in at least two different locations. There is the far off gunfire, and the fire going off right above the taxi's head. If the distant gunfire was just an echo, then it should always follow after the firing from above her head and each 'reverberation' should be of a diminished volume. However, this is not the case. There is distant fire independent of the firing above her head that is not of a diminished volume, meaning that the source is in that area and it is not an echo. So the only logical conclusion is that there are, at least, two shooters. OSIT.

That taxi driver's video should make it impossible for the Las Vegas authorities to continue claiming that this attack was simply some "deranged lone gunman" shooting from just one room of a hotel. The audio is clearly the sound of fully automatic fire coming from multiple weapons, shooting from different locations in the video. One of the weapons sounds like a .223 caliber military rifle or light machine gun, and another sounds like a .308 caliber light machine gun. The two weapons types have different rates of fire and characteristic sounds.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of 'limited hangout' they fall back onto, and what they say about the foreknowledge revealed by the woman trying to warn the festival attendees.

With a little luck this could blow up in their faces.

Timótheos said:
#3) The weapon you hear on videos was FULL AUTO, which is almost impossible to acquire through legal means

Doesn't sound like full auto to me (too slow). More like a bump fire stock or binary trigger of some sort.

Niall said:
hiker said:

That's the single best video evidence for multiple shooters I've seen, filmed by a taxi driver who drove from the Mandalay to the concert venue during the shooting.

While she's stuck at the entrance/taxi ramp at the beginning of that video, you can clearly hear that gunfire is coming from at least two different locations; one that is close (above her head, presumably, from inside the Mandalay) and one or more from elsewhere, further away.

The most important bits of the video are in the first 70 seconds or so. At 1:12.5 there is a long string of loud shots, but they are significantly muted part way through as the cabbie enters a tunnel and shuts her window. At that point, the quieter/muted shots are no longer audible. So, looking at the 70 seconds before that, there are three strings of gunshots. I opened the audio up in audacity, slowed it down and took a listen. Here's what I noticed.

0:04.2 - There is a loud string of 8 shots. After a 2.07-second delay, we hear another 8 shots that sound more distant.

0:46.1 - Here we hear a string of 2+11 muffled shots (also a few muffled bursts around 0:52 while she is talking). No loud shots.

1:08.1 - Another loud string of 13 shots followed by a string of muffled shots. Some are barely audible. In the string of 13 shots, the 10th makes the loudest spike. The loudest spike in the muffled shots occurs 2.08 seconds after the 10th shot.

I think it's more likely that the muffled shots heard after the loud shots at 0:04 and 1:08 are echoes. Unless the second shooter almost perfectly mimicked the original shots in number and duration, with a near-identical delay each time.

That leaves the shots at 0:46. They sound similar to the echoes in the other two sections, but there are no audible louder shots. Without knowing more about gunfire and acoustics, I'd say we'd have to look at a couple possibilities: 1) second shooter, 2) same shooter, but from a slightly different shooting position, e.g. further back in the room, away from the window, or through a different window.
9341725_web1_web-mandalay-bay-shooting-oct02-17_001.jpg

Perhaps the two broken windows visible in later photos has something to do with it. They face in different directions. The cabbie's location relative to both windows might have affected how the sound from either window reached her mic. However, we don't know if Paddock shot out both those windows, or if one was smashed during the police operation on that floor.

Niall said:
Puck said:
Has to have been at least two shooters. Can hear the distance between their positions in this video:

https://www.facebook.com/cori.langdon/videos/10212157422804893/

She also comments on how calm everyone is even though there's AR fire and shows some folks just milling about at the entrance to the hotel like it's a nice night out. That stood out.

FB censored that one. Could you find it for us on YT?

Here it is.

_https://youtu.be/VO92rCrP8hQ

Carl said:
I haven't studied this extensively but it's in an empty city street at night, with nobody around, and lots of tall buildings to reverberate sound. There is a possibility that it was just echoing.

I doubt it. For one, there aren't that many tall buildings around:

ocrfix.jpg

In the video, compare the bursts of gunfire at 0:46-0:47, and then 1:09-1:10. There are about 30 secs between the bursts. The taxi driver has hardly moved but they sound completely different. The first is dull, suggesting 'distant'. The second is sharp, suggesting 'close'. Besides, if we were hearing echoes, the first burst would surely be loudest, and the second 'echo' quieter.

Approaching Infinity said:
I'd say we'd have to look at a couple possibilities: 1) second shooter, 2) same shooter, but from a slightly different shooting position, e.g. further back in the room, away from the window, or through a different window.

And in 1), the other shooter(s) could be firing from different buildings. Of the 4 hotels looking out onto the Village concert venue, the Luxor (pyramid) has the best vantage point. According to police scanner audio, that hotel was evacuated due to a bomb alert called in at the time of the shooting. The Tropicana hotel was also on lock-down, in that case due to an 'active shooter', also reported on police scanner audio. In fact, active shooters were reported at four hotels other than the Mandalay.

This guy, who has experience with guns, does a detailed analysis of one of the videos (not the taxi video) which suggests multiple shooters. The video he looks at is on the ground at the concert where you can hear sharp bursts of fire and more muted prolonged fire.

https://youtu.be/nG2oQ65zi-Q

He points out that the spotlights illuminating the crowd weren’t on until after the shooting started. He compares against multiple videos of people shooting automatic weapons and explains why he thinks at least one of the shooters was using a belt-fed weapon. He also mentions that a suppressor was probably used by the shooter who was close to the crowd, and the purpose of a suppressor (not a silencer) is to make it hard to identify the location of the shots. He also points out the distinct difference in sound between the 2 shooters suggesting a large distance between them. Finally he points out that the shooter in the upper floor of the hotel would have to be right against the window in order to be able to fire at that downward angle, which should make him visible to the target crowd - basically that he couldn’t shoot from deep inside the room if he was at that elevation and therefore couldn’t conceal himself that way.

It’s all just suppositions of course but it was an interesting breakdown.

Is it possible that the "strobe light" on the 4th floor is a S.O.S. type signal for coordinated fire from possible different locations? Do any of the videos show that light before the shooting?

Niall said:
Here's some 8 mins of police scanner audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTgqYkok9fY

At 1:15, "...strobe light coming from Mandalay on the east side."

At 2:15, "...It sounds like it's confirmed; there are at least two shooters with fully automatic weapons."

Me thinks that the preps would have wanted to maintain a level of invisibility. Including certain signatures that expose their placement or position.

Obviously light's from the hotel could have been a distraction, as the shooting pandemonium seemed to be orchestrated near ground level.

Why a flash suppressor is useful

https://youtu.be/P1xpqL04cA8?rel=0

Flash suppressor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_suppressor
800px-Caroline-canon-degivrage-p1000523.jpg

Detail of the birdcage-type flash suppressor on a SIG SG 550

Compensator Vs Flash Hider
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmai6dRaYGo

https://youtu.be/2FenXpNFJ0s?rel=0

SAO said:
This guy, who has experience with guns, does a detailed analysis of one of the videos (not the taxi video) which suggests multiple shooters. The video he looks at is on the ground at the concert where you can hear sharp bursts of fire and more muted prolonged fire.

Interesting. So there's no need for silent snipers; short bursts from close-range rifles can be heard while machine guns spray the target area from further afield.

What he pointed out about the lights struck me too. The stage lighting went out right after the singer turned heel and ran, then powerful floodlights immediately lit up the audience. Standard protocol? That crowd was figuratively lit up for the duration that it was literally lit up.

SAO said:

He points out that the spotlights illuminating the crowd weren’t on until after the shooting started. He compares against multiple videos of people shooting automatic weapons and explains why he thinks at least one of the shooters was using a belt-fed weapon. He also mentions that a suppressor was probably used by the shooter who was close to the crowd, and the purpose of a suppressor (not a silencer) is to make it hard to identify the location of the shots. He also points out the distinct difference in sound between the 2 shooters suggesting a large distance between them. Finally he points out that the shooter in the upper floor of the hotel would have to be right against the window in order to be able to fire at that downward angle, which should make him visible to the target crowd - basically that he couldn’t shoot from deep inside the room if he was at that elevation and therefore couldn’t conceal himself that way.

It’s all just suppositions of course but it was an interesting breakdown.

His analysis seems spot to me. It's obvious when you listen to the guns in context of hearing them at a range. It sounds like they used a pair of m249s to mow the crowd while there were more shooters with suppressors plinking people at a closer range.

Then there's also the fact that they were lit up like a friggin xmas tree...

I'd recommend listening to the whole 30 mins.

rrraven said:
I bet the number of victims will reach 666 in the next few day :evil:
''they'' love their number games

It's not unimaginable to think there are psychopaths with a religious fervor meticulously continuing their sacrifices and what better symbols to stage one than right in front of the Luxor with the festival at feet of the sphinx.

Just couldn't help notice the location of the murderous sacrifice I guess. :/ No offense to the post-atlantean great pyramid and the sphinx.

ocrfix.jpg

This image is going around right now as a picture from a source taken in the hotel room

_98126030_guns_vegas.jpg

Looks like a slide fire stock on that AR15 without the bipod.

It seems other folks have noticed the same thing judging from a search I just did.

Back
Top Bottom