Maurice Cotterrel

Ben

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I was thumbing through a friend's book by this author ('Supergods') and it looked really intruiging. There are lots of pictures of Mayan art, such as the mask of Palenque, which I have never seen before and I couldn't believe the sophistication of them. My friend was explaning to me some interpretations that the author has on the Mayan view of creation as cyclical and that they supposedly predicted accurately the end of their civilisation (and we all know how feasible it could be that they have accurately predicted the end of ours!). Is anyone familiar with the work of Maurice Cotterrel or able to reccommend some similar source of information about the art, architecture and understanding of the Mayans?

I read his Mayan book a few years ago, and it was pretty interesting. However, from the looks of his new books he is falling into some possibly huge traps. Check out his site: http://www.mauricecotterell.com/

Apparently he has "found the grail," and I can only wonder what he things it is. Other than that, I can't say anything for sure, as I've only read his first book. (I do have a copy of Supergods that I haven't gotten around to yet...)

Ben said:
I was thumbing through a friend's book by this author ('Supergods') and it looked really intruiging. There are lots of pictures of Mayan art, such as the mask of Palenque, which I have never seen before and I couldn't believe the sophistication of them. My friend was explaning to me some interpretations that the author has on the Mayan view of creation as cyclical and that they supposedly predicted accurately the end of their civilisation (and we all know how feasible it could be that they have accurately predicted the end of ours!). Is anyone familiar with the work of Maurice Cotterrel or able to reccommend some similar source of information about the art, architecture and understanding of the Mayans?
Hi Ben, Yes, I didn't read Supergods, however by the same author I read "The Lost Tomb of Viracocha: Unlocking the Secrets of the Peruvian Pyramids" (First Printing edition (February 20, 2003) Was a favorite of mine for years! I've been wanting to pick up a used copy on Amazon as my original book was so warn and tattered pages falling out, had to reluctantly throw it out. But I was eager to compare some of his historical accounts and ideas to some of the new literature I've been reading lately. I like to compare older literature I've read to newer material to make comparisons, find similarities and discover differences of opinions of Authors/researchers to help me come to my own conclusions of what to hold on to in terms of what resonates the truth for me. Given the fact I discarded this book 3-4 years ago I can't say this books material would ring true as to my current line of thinking now, but I sure enjoyed and respected this Authors research and tone & format of presented material.

From the Back Cover

ANCIENT MYSTERIES / INCA STUDIES

"Cotterell puts up enough evidence to make even the most skeptical take note." --London Daily Mail

"The Lost Tomb of Viracocha is excellent."
--Director General of the Instituto Nacionale de Antropologia e Historia (INAH) in Mexico

Inca mythology tells of a tall, white leader who wandered along the coast performing miracles, a man they called Viracocha Pachacamac, which means “God of the World.” Centuries later another great miracle worker, similar to the first, appeared and wandered the countryside, healing the sick and restoring sight to the blind. He, too, was named Viracocha.

These accounts have long baffled scholars, as have the carvings left by the people of Tiahuanaco, Bolivia, who preserved these legends. Now Maurice Cotterell, who cracked the codes hidden in both ancient Maya carvings and the treasures of Tutankhamun, unlocks the secrets concealed within the treasure-filled tombs of Viracocha Pachacamac and Viracocha. His investigation of these tombs, held within the long-lost pyramids of Peru, proves that these two figures were not myth but actually existed 1,500 years ago.he two Viracocha sun-kings had much in common with Lord Pacal of Mexico and Tutankhamun of Egypt and, like them, left the secrets of a solar science encoded in their treasures. Using a method of calculating the duration of long-term magnetic reversals on the sun, Cotterell reveals the intimate connection between the cycles of life and birth on Earth and solar activity such as sunspots. More important, he shows how this science holds the key to reincarnation and human spiritual realization, with answers to the spiritual mysteries of life and death.

MAURICE COTTERELL, a mathematician and scientist formerly at the Cranfield Institute of Technology, was awarded the Voluntariado Cultural medal in 1992 for his contributions to Mexican culture. He is the author of the international bestseller The Tutankhamun Prophecies and coauthor of The Mayan Prophecies. He lives in Ireland.

Among other things, the Author, presents his research in an easy to read format for non-experts like myself. Which I truly appreciate. From memory alone I will account for pivotal highlights from the book that were fascinating to me.
  • A Mathematician by trade the Author devised and shared his mathematical calculations/formula proving that we live in Hell on earth. (I apologize in advance for not knowing how to phrase this more tactfully)
  • He alone via his own intuition devised a way of decoding some of the ancient Mayan stone tablets by turning the tablets in a certain direction and overlapping them and by doing this in a very specific way was able to decode and complete certain messages via the stones. He explains how he learned this method and gives visual illustrations of the tablets before, during & after decoding
  • He developed and presented a graph indicating the rise and fall of historical civilizations via the suns active cycles. (again sorry I can't describe this more scientifically)
  • He accounts in a graph of a wise man, whom he suggests is the same being reincarnated throughout many centuries
  • He offers a very interesting hypothesis of womens menses cycle bases on the cosmos
  • He offers a very interesting hypothesis of why we get jet leg in relation to travel and long term relocation far away from our location of birth
  • Mush more
  • The ancient meaning of Viracocha apparently mean "white foam of the sea"
I didn't read any of his other books. But I really enjoyed this one. Thank you for this topic!

Back
Top Bottom