Meet-ups

wanderer

Jedi
I've been a FOTCM member since the beginning but was removed from the the private forum due to lack of participation. What do I need to do to get reinstated?

Quote from: Laura on Yesterday at 11:04:53 PM
I'm assuming that you are both members of FOTCM?

Have you been to any of the meet-ups that FOTCM holds? Meeting people face to face for networking and working?

Laura, yes, my partner and I are both FOTCM members and are attending this upcoming meeting.

I follow the forum regularly but haven't seen anything regarding meet-ups. Are they posted on the private forum? I'd love to attend. Being a member of a group of people doing the work was a critical part of my spiritual growth for many years, and leaving that group left a void in my life that an online forum just doesn't fill.

Hey Greenman, looks like you're in the North East area and I had sent several messages to your hotmail account earlier in the year but never heard back. I'll pm you for details.

GreenMan said:
I've been a FOTCM member since the beginning but was removed from the the private forum due to lack of participation. What do I need to do to get reinstated?
I'd think participating more, letting us know more about who you are, would help in that direction

GreenMan said:
I'd love to attend. Being a member of a group of people doing the work was a critical part of my spiritual growth for many years, and leaving that group left a void in my life that an online forum just doesn't fill.
I get that an online forum doesn't cover many of the things that a physical community can offer, but on the other hand there are many things we need to be aware of before getting involved, such as working knowledge of own programs & other stuff of the predator, so that we can be better colinear beings. Of course we're not going to be perfect, but I think we need to feel a little safe with knowing who we are communing with. The forum does go a long way as a working companion to better our lives by sharing our problems, both for our own reality check and for helping others see their problems reflected. I see the online format as the first stage in helping us reformat our issues, globally, in a safe way, then we can gradually move on to trusting our selves and others (with the knowledge of human shortcomings), in more close and local communities.

Greenman, I've readmitted you to the FOTCM forum. There's lots of stuff going on, so try to catch up.

I get that an online forum doesn't cover many of the things that a physical community can offer, but on the other hand there are many things we need to be aware of before getting involved, such as working knowledge of own programs & other stuff of the predator, so that we can be better colinear beings. Of course we're not going to be perfect, but I think we need to feel a little safe with knowing who we are communing with. The forum does go a long way as a working companion to better our lives by sharing our problems, both for our own reality check and for helping others see their problems reflected. I see the online format as the first stage in helping us reformat our issues, globally, in a safe way, then we can gradually move on to trusting our selves and others (with the knowledge of human shortcomings), in more close and local communities.

Don't get me wrong, I love the forum. Sott and the forums over the years have transformed my life (after the initial life shattering experience of having all my illusions demolished :cry:).

I appreciate you feedback. Whenever I've asked for help or feedback the response has always been immediate and right on target.

I've recently changed my forum name from something embarrassing that showed my lack of understanding when I first joined, so I'll do a newbie post soon.

GreenMan said:

I am in a similar situation and also wondering what I need to do to get reinstated.

Joined the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind in December 2009 and was issued my card in January 2010. Years ago, I was granted access to the private forum and had the little FotCM logo on my profile. Unfortunately I did not have an internet connection for a couple of years and did not post. I still managed to visit at least once a month to download threads to try to keep up-to-date. However it did not feel right to post because by the time I read the previous months posts the threads were already expanded with new material, and I did not want to create noise. However I did continue to read and practice on my own the best I could (EE, diet, external consideration, etc.).

Having internet now for a few months, I have been trying to be a more active participant with posting. I have attended one meetup so far and hope to attend again in the November/December time-frame. Only distance and funds have kept me from attending more often. When I have the funds I buy new books from the recommended reading list and follow the threads in the Forum.

At the “Supermoon” meetup I had the privilege of meeting and talking with many of the Northeastern US members in person. They may be able to give more incite about me. The participation and sharing with a group of like minded individuals was refreshing and I would like to extend that with the private forum.

Kind Regards,
James Henry

With regard to the Meet-ups, I was invited to supply information on where I was living back in January of this year. I replied that I was very interested and let FOTCM know my address but never heard back. I sadly assumed that there was no one in my region. Because this thread reminded me, I again replied on Sept 19, 2013 to that January e-mail informing FOTCM that I have just moved and have changed my address and that I'm still interested but have had no response to date (e-mailed again today just in case). This is the e-mail address I am using:

info@paleochristianity.org

Can one of the mods verify that this is still the correct e-mail??

Thank you!

Rx said:
With regard to the Meet-ups, I was invited to supply information on where I was living back in January of this year. I replied that I was very interested and let FOTCM know my address but never heard back. I sadly assumed that there was no one in my region. Because this thread reminded me, I again replied on Sept 19, 2013 to that January e-mail informing FOTCM that I have just moved and have changed my address and that I'm still interested but have had no response to date (e-mailed again today just in case). This is the e-mail address I am using:

info@paleochristianity.org

Can one of the mods verify that this is still the correct e-mail??

Thank you!

That is the correct email, as far as I know. There's currently a lot going on and everyone is super busy, so be patient and someone with more info will probably get back to you when they have the chance.

This same for me I was declined acces to the private FOTCM forum member.
I want to cath up what is going on "preppers" "meetings" etc..

Please send me detalist

Hello Menvra,

Yes I have joined FOTCM.

One of the reasons I've joined was to connect with like minded people.

The other option is to join a local Gurjeff group but I find their focus limiting although more beneficial in the absence of anything else.

Regards,
Ian

Here's the most important post from the thread Menrva linked to above (emphasis mine): https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35235.msg503130.html#msg503130

As you probably know, or you will find out soon, there is a private sub-forum for FOTCM members. If you have received a FOTCM welcome package this only means that you are registered as a FOTCM member. Access to the private board is not granted automatically when you join the Fellowship though, but is instead decided by the Moderators/Admins for each of you on an individual basis.

The Fellowship is like an extended family in the making and the membership area is a virtual community where we as a group further the support of our members and discuss work on the common aim and related projects. Naturally, since we then are getting closer to each other we would like to know a bit about our new members before we invite them to our space; what are your challenges in life (we all have them), what are you going through, what are your circumstances? Here we look to the open forum on your participation.

On average, around 100 posts should be able to give us an outline of you and your interests. But it's not the number that counts most (sometimes 20-30 posts would suffice, other times 500 is not enough). What counts is where you put your energy and to what extent you are on board with the line of force that "defines" us. Are you interested and participating in our Diet and health, Éiriú Eolas, psychology and cognitive science, Work, Swamp boards? (The latest one has a limited access for Forum members who have at least 50 posts.) Remember, we are not looking to see if you are perfect, because nobody is, we are looking to see how in practice you resonate with and apply the Fellowship principles.

I would like to have access to the private member's board and also participate in the meet ups for my city. Would the mods in charge consider my request here or should I send an e-mail?

Rx

Back
Top Bottom