Milk in the wrong hands...

kujo

Jedi
Between waking up at 8am and reawakening at 9am I experienced a very visual and visceral dream that catapulted me from my second sleep.

In the beginning of what I recall - myself and others were traveling by car on a freeway - on the sides of the freeway there were people dressed in unusual getups and seemingly protesting, they were all waving wildly about. (looking back from how the dream concluded itself I can suppose why that was)

Myself and those I was traveling with walked around the sidewalks of a busy "campus" - it appeared to be a school, hospital, or prison - tall with little windows and groomed landscaping outside. On the sidewalks there were people vending food and perhaps other items - a general chaos outside. A man was pushing an "organic" sandwich on us - pointing to a booth and back at the sandwich he had in hand - we were there for a reason and he was impeding upon our progression to where we were going. Someone who was with us, who I can only assume was Morgan Freeman ripped the sandwich out of his hand proclaiming the chemical contents and the foolish use of the word "organic"... The sandwich pusher attempted another avenue of selling the garbage and I pushed through saying, "I haven't seen my family in four months! Move!"

It seems that those that were brought of our traveling excursion disappeared by the time we reached the entrance of this large building - a man in armed garb said as we passed through, "take a jail cell" - I looked across the marble floor to see what appeared to be a bunch of phone booths side by side the length of a long wall. At this point I'm following my partner, J , who entered into the building first. He's carrying a long wooden-handled shovel and is walking briskly - I'm definitely not going to "take a jail cell" so I keep the brisk pace with my partner - following his white shirt through a bottle neck of people. There were ropes that one would see at a bank and people standing in this line - an obvious discord is taking place at the front - J moves through this group along the side of the ropes and I follow after him. His pace is so quick I can hardly keep up.

As we're in near full sprint down corridors, I see J swing the shovel hard against the marble floor and break the metal shovel off the end and is now brandishing a crude splintered spear. I can tell J is full of anger as he continues down the halls and makes a hard left turn where the corridor comes to a T and he disappears out of my sight. As I approach the end of the corridor to continue following J - I get an ominous feeling as I push the swinging saloon-style doors- my eyes read the reversed text on the glass as "CAUTION CANCER WITHIN" (unreversed) - I backed away startled and then looked again but did not make out the text. My eyes shifted wildly looking for J - when I noticed men in white coats shoving and pulling J into an elevator.

At this point in the dream, the "screen in my mind" is an extreme close up of the video cam recording the interior of the elevator - as I watch the men in white coats struggle with J, abusing him with every limb, and then one takes a hack saw straight to his forehead and proceeds with lusty vigor to cut into his skull. As I watch the feeling in my head was "turn away turn away turn away" and "oh my god oh my god oh my god" but the ruling thought was "watch what these men do - their power is not being seen" - the visuals were horrifying. Once they crack his skull open like chipping away shale, they being to poor MILK into the hole they created in his head! :scared: :huh:

And I wake up - go downstairs to the kitchen where J and C are sitting at the table listening to podcast over coffee.

---------------------

After telling J about the dream he suggested maybe he should stop eating yogurt - and then suggested looking up the significance of milk in dreams. Kindness, fullness, maternal force, happiness are the words that come up. Sources also suggest sour milk in a dream as something like giving too much support to someone.

If you're choking on milk in a dream perhaps its a metaphor for having too much protection

I think perhaps it was symbolic of the smothering from the influenced white coats. "If you aren't going to take our recommendations for your body, we'll "force feed" it to you. Perhaps that J is resilient against their efforts as an archetype, and they went straight to the brain with physical power, "pouring" their false motherly force into him as some sort of sick last word.

--------------------

Any thoughts on the symbolism here?

Katie Jo said:
Any thoughts on the symbolism here?

Hi, Katie Jo. Here's my take on your dream with an approach of breaking down the clues that stood out to me (this is just an interpretation - some of them may be applied to you or they may not).

Katie Jo said:
In the beginning of what I recall - myself and others were traveling by car on a freeway - on the sides of the freeway there were people dressed in unusual getups and seemingly protesting, they were all waving wildly about. (looking back from how the dream concluded itself I can suppose why that was)

Driving on a freeway could express a situation in life where one is experiencing things moving quite quickly, but then you are seeing people on the sides where they are trying to "get your attention" and if they are "protesting" to which they could be telling you to focus on an important issue that was being overlooked or ignored.

Katie Jo said:
Myself and those I was traveling with walked around the sidewalks of a busy "campus" - it appeared to be a school, hospital, or prison - tall with little windows and groomed landscaping outside. On the sidewalks there were people vending food and perhaps other items - a general chaos outside. A man was pushing an "organic" sandwich on us - pointing to a booth and back at the sandwich he had in hand - we were there for a reason and he was impeding upon our progression to where we were going. Someone who was with us, who I can only assume was Morgan Freeman ripped the sandwich out of his hand proclaiming the chemical contents and the foolish use of the word "organic"... The sandwich pusher attempted another avenue of selling the garbage and I pushed through saying, "I haven't seen my family in four months! Move!"

Then, you shifted from freeway (fast) to sidewalk (slow) - thinking? - where you had the time to observe your "surroundings." You appeared to be on a "campus" where you think it could be at a school/college or hospital (these two areas are similar in symbolism to one degree: improvement in oneself) and a campus could denote a need to expand one's thinking/knowledge about something. Then, you got a sandwish pusher - "Food Pusher" - a symbol of powerlessness and desperateness; a need to get something from others.

And, Morgan Freeman showed up, acting as someone who "knows" what was in the sandwich and speaking in a serious tone. When we dream, we tend to bring in images of people we know or see in a real life, and Freeman is an actor and a case in point. What movie have you seen him in, recently? What role did he played? There could be a clue there, or maybe not. I just want to throw this out there.

Katie Jo said:
It seems that those that were brought of our traveling excursion disappeared by the time we reached the entrance of this large building - a man in armed garb said as we passed through, "take a jail cell" - I looked across the marble floor to see what appeared to be a bunch of phone booths side by side the length of a long wall. At this point I'm following my partner, J , who entered into the building first. He's carrying a long wooden-handled shovel and is walking briskly - I'm definitely not going to "take a jail cell" so I keep the brisk pace with my partner - following his white shirt through a bottle neck of people. There were ropes that one would see at a bank and people standing in this line - an obvious discord is taking place at the front - J moves through this group along the side of the ropes and I follow after him. His pace is so quick I can hardly keep up.

A "man in armed garb" could be a symbol of "cautious attitude" towards something or being "on guard"...or he could be an "authority figure" telling you what to do. And, his saying, "take a jail cell," could be a clue to something. "Take a jail cell" is a phrase that means a shock or "a slap in the face" to the question: "What's it gotta take?" It may not be the actual going to the jail as to "getting your attention" or getting you to do something. Will it take a jail cell for you do something?

As for the floor that you observed, according to one dream interpretation:

Dream Bible said:
To dream of a floor represents the theme or tone to your involvement in a situation. The condition, color, or type of floor reflects the overall feeling of everything you are doing in your life.

The marble flooring, to my understanding, is known for its royal and decorative appearance. It could stand for superiority. The floor could also be a "foundation" that you depends on.

And, the imagery of "phone booths" could be private issues where you desire something that you don't want others to know about. It could also be a warning as to being careful what you say to other people.

An imagery of "shovel" is an idea of "digging" for knowledge/understanding and it's a hard work.

Katie Jo said:
As we're in near full sprint down corridors, I see J swing the shovel hard against the marble floor and break the metal shovel off the end and is now brandishing a crude splintered spear. I can tell J is full of anger as he continues down the halls and makes a hard left turn where the corridor comes to a T and he disappears out of my sight. As I approach the end of the corridor to continue following J - I get an ominous feeling as I push the swinging saloon-style doors- my eyes read the reversed text on the glass as "CAUTION CANCER WITHIN" (unreversed) - I backed away startled and then looked again but did not make out the text. My eyes shifted wildly looking for J - when I noticed men in white coats shoving and pulling J into an elevator.

It's interesting to see how "digging" aspect is hitting hard against the marble floor. Marble stone is weaker than granite stone and it's made of limestone, somewhat. The etymology of the word "marble" means "crystalline rock" or "shining stone." Hitting it with a shovel would have break the floor, a small crack even, and seeing that the floor (foundation) broke the shovel (quest for new understanding), which could suggests what you depends on is too strong for your attempt to understand something new enough to change it.

And, seeing the text of the word "cancer" could suggests something within you (or an area of your life) that slowly eats away at your mind, emotions, or well-being...or there could be aspects of you that act as cancer, quite possibly negative emotions.

Katie Jo said:
At this point in the dream, the "screen in my mind" is an extreme close up of the video cam recording the interior of the elevator - as I watch the men in white coats struggle with J, abusing him with every limb, and then one takes a hack saw straight to his forehead and proceeds with lusty vigor to cut into his skull. As I watch the feeling in my head was "turn away turn away turn away" and "oh my god oh my god oh my god" but the ruling thought was "watch what these men do - their power is not being seen" - the visuals were horrifying. Once they crack his skull open like chipping away shale, they being to poor MILK into the hole they created in his head!

Then, your subconscious mind directs you to observe what's happening to J. That must have been really unnerving, by the way. :shock:

Being in an elevator could mean a transitory or transition to either levels of thinking or choices. I said "thinking" because of J's head being drilled as a "head" is associated with mind, intellect, attitude, perspective, or rationality. This goes back to J with a shovel (e.g., digging for something).

When you wrote "men in white coats," I immediately thought of mental hospital employees (e.g., "the men in white coats will come and get you!" which kinda fits this dream) where they would force patients to behave or to think in a certain way (usually involuntary). They are very much like jailers (being self-acted as judge and jury), which could tie-in with an earlier saying, "take a jail cell."

You wrote earlier when you walked around on "a busy campus - it appeared to be a school, hospital, or prison" with the latter two together suggests a "mental hospital," which, as according to one interpretation:

Dream Bible said:
To dream of being in a mental hospital represents difficulty adjusting your core beliefs or values. You may feel that change is being forced on you. You may be experiencing unpleasant reperscussions or consequences for your beliefs or actions. A situation in your life that limits your freedom and demands proof that you've changed. A situation that may require more discipline or moral strength than you are used to.

J could be an aspect of yourself that thinks in a certain way that could affects your "foundation" while "digging for something," and other aspects of yourself are trying to alter that aspect's mind by pouring "milk" into his head. Maybe there are many aspects of yourself that aren't happy with J's attempt to break the floor and made their move to change his mind.

When I think of a "floor/foundation breaking," I was being reminded of a dependence on a "wrong foundation" which leads to having a "black center" formed in oneself (breaking down this foundation and rebuilding a new one is a part of doing the Work and doing the EE). And, those "men in white coats" aspects are controlled by the "rules" and "beliefs" as created by society/parental conditioning to maintain it's own version of "balance" or "security" - to force those who think differently to think "conformity."

The very idea of "milk" in this context could also be a literal aspect: a dairy product causes "brain fog" (inability to think).

Again, this is just another interpretation to understand the symbolism involved and I could be way off field. Others may have better inputs.

My .002 cent. :)

Thanks Zadius for taking the time to share your interpretations. Interesting the symbolism of the shovel - J's nature can certainly be represented as a shovel - he works hard and is very much one to dig and dig and dig...

I resonate with the symbolism you suggested about the freeway and moving quickly. Historically, Spring tends to be a time of momentum/gear change for me in regards to my seasonal work situation, and can often be stressful financially as there's a dip in work frequency between the Winter and Spring transition. Looking ahead to where the pace picks up, while also observing the current pace where I'm at currently has been the day to day theme over the past 3-4 weeks. Also, since March I joined a local roller skating league (a new physical skill for me) and have spent considerable energy on acquiring new skills which has also inspired a concentrated focus on my physical health and nutrition. The parallel themes I see here are, SPEED, LEARNING/UNDERSTANDING, and NUTRITION/FOOD/FUEL - all well worth observing fully and to see if there's areas of oversight/neglect when juxtaposed to new areas of focus.

Over the last 6 years my understanding of diet and body/mind health has slowly and subtly changed the food that comes in to the house and into the body. Though having been on a slow and steady refining process, I would say that since March there has been a drastic reduction of crap and an increase in food vigilance- almost a complete cessation of alcohol/sugar/gluten consumption. During the Winter season it was common for me to meet with friends/coworkers at a local brewery to have pints while knitting and catching up. I would pay for nutrient poor/gluten based meals at work out of convenience and lack of meal planning, and numerous other offensive snack habits at home. Reading Nora Gedgaudas' book, "Primal Body Primal Mind" has also had quite an influence on me in regards to food.

I haven't seen a movie starring MORGAN FREEMAN for awhile - but since you brought up the idea of movie influences I think of his role in "Shawshank Redemption" as possibly relating to the other dream symbols. The SANDWICH PUSHER to me can represent food as a distraction whether initially and/or as empirically repressive on the mind. I can also see Morgan Freeman as a possible manifestation of one of my selves in regards to responding to the pusher with confident knowledge.

I'd like to bring up MILK and ask for any feedback on the subject.

One of the things we eat at home is yoghurt - it seems to agree with me quite well and appears to create a feeling of gut-wellness - I often will say my stomach feels happy after having a couple spoonfuls. At nearly 5 dollars (US) for less than a quart of yoghurt - it makes more sense to make our own so that's what I started doing. J - with his tenacious digging, began learning about yoghurt making, and other types of lacto-fermented cheeses. Within 2-3 days our fridge was full of Paneer (which our stomachs DO NOT agree with), cottage cheese, some sort of firm/dry feta type cheese, home made butter, different thicknesses of yoghurt, and liters of whey. In this learning extravaganza J began experimenting with local RAW COWS MILK - working with the least refined ingredients. We're also expecting another 1/2 gallon of raw cows milk from one of our friends today.

Could the dream image of MILK being poured into J's HEAD be a benign symbol of him acquiring knowledge about the substance? The feeling I had in the dream was all sorts of bad - mainly because of the forced nature of the event.

Knowing that CASEINE is not all that unlike GLUTEN - I'm curious if MILK should be removed from our diet even in fermented form.

Also curious - in regards to the RAW MILK - a friend of ours reports terrible gut reactions to pasteurized/production milk (like myself) but no obvious gut reaction to raw milk - which J and I also tested and found the same results for ourselves. Has anyone else experimented with this?

Thanks again Zadius, you have given me some topics to review. :)

Back
Top Bottom