Mint Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream

Keyhole

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
If you are not bothered about the aesthetics of it you can leave out the ingredients coloured in green.

Ingredients (2 servings)
200g Ghee or unsalted butter
6 Egg yolks
30g 99% chocolate or cacao nibs
10-13 drops of peppermint oil or peppermint extract
8 drops of stevia
Small pinch of salt
1 Leaf of gelatine

Green food colouring(optional)
2 small handfulls of spinach
1 cup water

Method
1.Place the spinach and cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to boil, simmer for 10 minutes, and then blend with an immersion blender to produce a dark green liquid that looks like this.
natural-green-food-coloring-vert.jpg

2. Place the ghee, 100ml of water and stevia in the empty saucepan and turn the heat up to a low temperature. Allow to sit on the heat until it reaches a temperature of approximately 160 degrees F.

3. Add the egg yolks to the mixture and blend. Continue to blend and allow for the mixture to thicken up (you will see the bubbles dissapear)

4. When the mixute has thickened, remove from the heat and add the peppermint oil. Let the mixture cool down a little bit before placing it in the freezer for roughly 10-20 minutes.

5. Wash the immersion blender and make sure the blade is completely dry. While the mixture is cooling in the freezer, take your chocolate/cacao nibs and place the in a bowl/container. Now is time to blend the chocolate to create mini sized "chocolate chips". A good way to do this is to blend for short bursts of time, shake the chocolate, and then blend again. Be careful not to blend for too long at a time because you will end up with chocolate dust!!

6. Remove the icecream from the freezer, it should now be cool but not frozen yet. Stir in the chocolate chips and place the icecream back in the freezer for roughly an hour or so.

7. Your icecream should now be ready to eat. Enjoy

Cacao/Chocolate : 5g Carbs, 18g Fat, 3g Protein

Eggs yolks: 3.8g Carbs, 27g Fat, 16g Protein

Ghee: 200g Fat

Spinach : 2g Carbs

Per serving: 5g Carbohydrate : 122g Fat : 9g Protein

Attachments

• SAM_2825.JPG
    SAM_2825.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 113
  • SAM_2826.JPG
    SAM_2826.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 95
That looks really good! I love mint chocolate chip. Gonna have to try this!

Thank you Keyhole, finally I can able to eat healthy ice cream!!!
I will make it tonight

Oh Keyhole - first the Chicken Tikka, now this :wizard: ...I think that completes my 'last meal on earth' - and i'd still be Keto! :halo:

The spinach idea is genius (and for total sensory experience, is essential). Thanks for sharing :clap:

Back
Top Bottom