Montserrat Mountain

What the heck have you been smokin'??!!! Like anybody in their right mind would want to hook up with "aliens"???

Perceval said:
Rabelais said:
An EE session at Montserrat sounds like a great idea. I just finished rereading Keel's Haunted Planet. He presents an interesting statistical case for the majority of UFO sightings, in window regions, being on the 24th of the month, and particularly on Wednesdays.

For 2012, there is a Wednesday the 24th in October. The weather should still be relatively pleasant. I am considering a trip there.

So you can get abducted by aliens? :huh:

No, just to see the mountain and cathedral. Might as well test the Keel hypothesis in the process, eh? I have been wanting to do a Spain excursion ever since I missed the conference. Also thinking about going to Santiago de Compostela as part of the trip itinerary. I am very curious about that place. I have a Portuguese client who has done a lot of historical research on it. He has me interested now.

Start in Barcelona, visit Montserrat and work my way across the country to Santiago de Compostela, then along the northern Spanish coast, over the coastal Pyrenees through Basque country to Biarritz, and home. It can probably be driven comfortably in a week or 10 days, with enough time to explore some out of the way spots.

Rabelais said:
No, just to see the mountain and cathedral. Might as well test the Keel hypothesis in the process, eh?

Why, are you ready to be lunch? :shock:

Rabelais said:
No, just to see the mountain and cathedral. Might as well test the Keel hypothesis in the process, eh? I have been wanting to do a Spain excursion ever since I missed the conference. Also thinking about going to Santiago de Compostela as part of the trip itinerary. I am very curious about that place. I have a Portuguese client who has done a lot of historical research on it. He has me interested now.

Start in Barcelona, visit Montserrat and work my way across the country to Santiago de Compostela, then along the northern Spanish coast, over the coastal Pyrenees through Basque country to Biarritz, and home. It can probably be driven comfortably in a week or 10 days, with enough time to explore some out of the way spots.

Sounds like a nice trip. I'd resist any temptation to invite the space brothers for lunch though.

anart said:
Rabelais said:
No, just to see the mountain and cathedral. Might as well test the Keel hypothesis in the process, eh?

Why, are you ready to be lunch? :shock:

Wow Rabelais, don't interact with them!! I everyday, whenever I remember, pray for my path to be as far away from them as possible! Don't go looking for them! Please!

Rabelais said:
Might as well test the Keel hypothesis in the process, eh?
Hello Rabelais,
When you read Keel's books, there are two points worth considering:
First, He gathered the data from many sighting reports and determined that statistically, the sightings tend to occur around certain dates along certain geographical locations. If the sightings tend to occur let's say on the 24th of October, it doesn't mean that they will occur invariably every 24th of October at those locations.

It is not a hypothesis that he presents but an observation. If someone sees something on the 25th, it counts for one observation and it means nothing statistically speaking. Going somewhere in the hope of an encounter does not make sense within this framework. It is like saying that usually it rains on the 22nd of January in Paris (or anywhere else), but if it rains this 22nd of January (or if it does not rain), it's just a single event, and changes nothing to the statistics, or in probabilities.
If you want to verify Keel's observations, or see if his statistics do apply nowadays, you can gather sighting reports and do the statistics over a large sample of data. That's different.

Secondly, from Keel's observations it appears that UFO sightings are related to the witnesses. They "choose" who's going to see them and how will they remember it. If the UFOs target witnesses this way, they need something from them. Keel's books go well into the details of such interactions, and frankly, you will not like it.

You may reread Keel's books ("the eighth tower" and "Disneyland of the gods" for example) as well as "High Strangeness" to understand the issue with you wishing en encounter with the 4D dudes.

Same as Elisa i live about half an hour from Montserrat, will keep an eye on the sky while passing by so if any ufos do show up you can come quickly to say hi to them ;-)

mkrnhr said:
You may reread Keel's books ("the eighth tower" and "Disneyland of the gods" for example) as well as "High Strangeness" to understand the issue with you wishing en encounter with the 4D dudes.

I certainly appreciate everyone's sincere concerns, but they might be a bit overblown.

I possess and have read all of Keel's work... even Jadoo, as well as much of Vallee's work and many many others. I had a copy of the USAF Grudge and Bluebook Reports when I was 10 years old. Over the past 12 years, I have read every published word of the cass sessions (numerous times) and Laura's work. I have been a student of this phenomena for my entire life.

I have witnessed UFOs/aerial anomalies three times in my life, all with corroborating witnesses present. Observing the phenomena certainly does not imply intent to interact with same. Taking a holiday which coincides with Keel's statistical theory of favorable dates for observation hardly equates to standing on the roof of a building with a welcome ET sign. And besides, what are the odds that anything would even appear? October is just a good time to tour southern Europe... the weather is still reasonably temperate and the tourists have all gone home. Am I seeking a close encounter with "4D dudes"? I can only hope hope that those of you who know me personally would realize the ridiculousness of that proposition.

I have no desire to meet the "elemental tricksters". I do however wish to understand the technology involved in their manifestations.

Rabelais said:
mkrnhr said:

I certainly appreciate everyone's sincere concerns, but they might be a bit overblown.

I possess and have read all of Keel's work... even Jadoo, as well as much of Vallee's work and many many others. I had a copy of the USAF Grudge and Bluebook Reports when I was 10 years old. Over the past 12 years, I have read every published word of the cass sessions (numerous times) and Laura's work. I have been a student of this phenomena for my entire life.

I have witnessed UFOs/aerial anomalies three times in my life, all with corroborating witnesses present. Observing the phenomena certainly does not imply intent to interact with same. Taking a holiday which coincides with Keel's statistical theory of favorable dates for observation hardly equates to standing on the roof of a building with a welcome ET sign. And besides, what are the odds that anything would even appear? October is just a good time to tour southern Europe... the weather is still reasonably temperate and the tourists have all gone home. Am I seeking a close encounter with "4D dudes"? I can only hope hope that those of you who know me personally would realize the ridiculousness of that proposition.

I have no desire to meet the "elemental tricksters". I do however wish to understand the technology involved in their manifestations.

Maybe if you re-read your initial post, the concern will make more sense. Also, over estimating your capability makes you great lunch as well!

You should also consider the fact that others read this forum, and responses to posts are often made with that fact in mind. Even if the post that is being responded to was not.

Perceval said:
You should also consider the fact that others read this forum, and responses to posts are often made with that fact in mind. Even if the post that is being responded to was not.

I later began thinking that this was a possible factor in the responses. There certainly wasn't this type of reaction when I made three different trips up Palomar Mountain in 2003, following the leads offered by the Cs, sitting in a car in the wee hours of the morning, on a deserted mountaintop, a couple of hundred yards from an alleged "alien" artifact, atop an alleged alien/human underground base, waiting with night vision equipment and cameras to observe/record any type of anomalous event. Nobody even said be careful then.

Rabelais said:
I later began thinking that this was a possible factor in the responses. There certainly wasn't this type of reaction when I made three different trips up Palomar Mountain in 2003, following the leads offered by the Cs, sitting in a car in the wee hours of the morning, on a deserted mountaintop, a couple of hundred yards from an alleged "alien" artifact, atop an alleged alien/human underground base, waiting with night vision equipment and cameras to observe/record any type of anomalous event. Nobody even said be careful then.

That was a completely different situation and you know it. If you don't see that, then I don't know what to say. Also, it was someone else who was suggested to do that, not you.

Rabelais said:
Perceval said:

I later began thinking that this was a possible factor in the responses.

In that case, your following comments were completely unnecessary.

Rabelais said:
There certainly wasn't this type of reaction when I made three different trips up Palomar Mountain in 2003, following the leads offered by the Cs, sitting in a car in the wee hours of the morning, on a deserted mountaintop, a couple of hundred yards from an alleged "alien" artifact, atop an alleged alien/human underground base, waiting with night vision equipment and cameras to observe/record any type of anomalous event. Nobody even said be careful then.

That's because it wasn't discussed on a public forum, which leads us back to the first comment that you claim to have understood. :huh:

Seems you just couldn't hold your tongue.

Back
Top Bottom