Movie: Gamer

paralleloscope

The Living Force
It's a movie about virtuality and strings pulled from behind the veil. The movie is set in the near future, i think 2010 is the year where the tech 'genius' Ken Castle ( played by Michael Hall of 'Dexter' fame, psychopathic continuity by the scripters )launches the program 'Society' a 2nd Life styled game where players connect with and play real persons working for the game. Next installment is 'Battle' a game where players get to control deathrow prisoners shooting their way through war scenarios where the 1st prize is freedom. We follow the Hero of the movie Cable and his relationship with his 'player' a 17 year old boy who receives a cheat mod to the game by the resistance 'Humanz'.

The movie is pertinent to the virtual scene we have going on outside, lots of interesting analogies to puppetmasters, technology and what makes one applicable for control. It has many ingredients seen before in The matrix, Running man or Blade runner. I enjoyed it alot.

http://gamerthemovie.com/#/trailer/

sorry to come over sounding so dry and staccato, i got programs running but wanted to share nevertheless.¨

on a side note; are 'Thor's Pantheon' the only programmers behind these infotainment movies?

"on a side note; are 'Thor's Pantheon' the only programmers behind these infotainment movies?"

Hi SeekParallel

You might be interested to take a long at a book entitled "Holywood Vs. the Aliens - The Motion Picture Industry's Participation in UFO Disinfomation" by Bruce Rux. The author examines a broad spectrum of sci- fi themes on both film and TV and the CIA influences behind the film industry's treatment of this topic. More here -

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9006.0

ZeropointNinja said:
Disinfo or Transhumanist wet dream...

Either way horrible movie.

Dont waste your time.

Whilst I didn't think the movie was a waste of time (opinions will vary), I will definitely not watch it again.

You could put this movie in the realm of, even though you may think your in control, you are not...

ZeropointNinja said:
Disinfo or Transhumanist wet dream...

Either way horrible movie.

Dont waste your time.

Hi Zero,

I was just curious why you thought it was a waste of time?

Don't you think movies are more of a personal experience than having a set way deciding if it was good or bad?

From say a movie critic point of view, if you studied movies/script writing, I'm sure you could say outright if a move is good or bad though and be reasonably accurate.

Franco said:
Hi Zero,

I was just curious why you thought it was a waste of time?

Don't you think movies are more of a personal experience than having a set way deciding if it was good or bad?

I don't watch many movies these days because, basically it got to the point where I would see a movie and then afterwards would think "Well, that's an hour and a half of my life that I've wasted and will never get back" and I just don't want to waste away my time when there are so many better things I can be doing (including, perhaps, even enjoying a 'good' movie from time to time, if I can find one!) - let's face it there are plenty of films out there that have pretty much nothing to offer in terms of adding anything to your life, and are simply a draining waste of time. I can't comment for Zero, and I haven't seen this movie, but perhaps his experience fell into this category?

I cannot say this movie added value to my life other than immediate entertainment value, which for me is not zoning out but rather thinking of the implications, what could the movie be telling, is it going to be an eyeopener, how direct are the clues.
As far as i am concerned we are allready living in a transhumanist world, so strides of critique and analogy towards this being put out there, i take as a positive- though there is the problem of how many layers are perceivable of the multilayered artificial intelligence womb, most will probably only see the apparent gaming interface clue.
As for the films quality other than virtual analogy it is mediocre at best, pertaining to story, character and emotional depth.

Back
Top Bottom