movie picks

An excellent movie based on a true story, with the excellent actor (I like him very much), James Woods. There is the book, by the ex-cop Joseph Wambaugh. Very good book also.

the onion field.jpg

That's a hell of list to chose from c.a., bit like choosing your favourite child... would probably have to say Bladerunner with Aliens running a close second - then about 4 of them tied for 3rd:-)

I started to watch Lucifer series. So far, after 4 episodes, it has the plot mechanics made after The Mentalist. I am not impressed with the cast. There is a missmatch between the role character and the character of the main protagonists. There is a Too little (heroine) - Too much (twisted hero) combination. I would have liked to see at least Jude Law playing Lucifer and maybe Hally Berry in the role of the woman detective. They would have brought a great dissonant chemistry and tension and would have produced at least one Emmy. J Brookheimer lost the plot so far, but maybe redemption is in the next seasons.

"Nope" slanted for cinematic release on July 22, 2022. Via Universal.

“What’s a bad miracle?”
Oscar® winner Jordan Peele disrupted and redefined modern horror with Get Out and then Us. Now, he reimagines the summer movie with a new pop nightmare: the expansive horror epic, Nope. The film reunites Peele with Oscar® winner Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out, Judas and the Black Messiah), who is joined by Keke Palmer (Hustlers, Alice) and Oscar® nominee Steven Yeun (Minari, Okja) as residents in a lonely gulch of inland California who bear witness to an uncanny and chilling discovery.
Nope, which co-stars Michael Wincott (Hitchcock, Westworld) and Brandon Perea (The OA, American Insurrection), is written and directed by Jordan Peele and is produced by Ian Cooper (Us, Candyman) and Jordan Peele for Monkeypaw Productions. The film will be released by Universal Pictures worldwide.

It is easy to make most Dvd players Region Free. It's all explained here.

I have a copy of a French edition of Seventh Seal (Region 2 - french subtitles probably non-removable) if you want it.

Another movie that was mentioned elsewhere on the forum and seems to fit the bill is My Dinner With Andre.
In fact, this movie is available on youtube, it is a very interesting dialogue.

Even with the recent AI discussions, it seems that this movie hasn't been presented on this forum.

Short Circuit (1986) link

Trailer:

As far as I remember, it is about a robot that accidentally become conscious. One thing I liked in this movie is the way this robot learn. He is always looking for inputs and try to connect the dots to get to an understanding. It looks a bit like what we are doing here or what the C's basically said: Look at what is happening inside you, around you and on a global scale.
And, of course, learning is fun.

Back
Top Bottom