My Dream

C

Cernunnos

For over a year I have been haveing this dream, in the start I had it once every couple of weeks or so,now its every second night. At the start of the dream im sitting in the back seat of a big 1950s american car moveing down a road in Ireland. I was not driveing the car but there was nobody else in the car,it seemed to drive itself. I look out the window and see a flash of blue light and the car halts and I get out. I run from the car but It follows me down the road until i come to a bridge over a river.At that point I turn to see a girl of no more than 7 or 8 sitting and crying on the bridge,I ask her why she is crying , she tells me she ran from the car and was never allowed off the bridge.Then I wake up.

Cernunnos said:
For over a year I have been haveing this dream, in the start I had it once every couple of weeks or so,now its every second night. At the start of the dream im sitting in the back seat of a big 1950s american car moveing down a road in Ireland. I was not driveing the car but there was nobody else in the car,it seemed to drive itself. I look out the window and see a flash of blue light and the car halts and I get out. I run from the car but It follows me down the road until i come to a bridge over a river.At that point I turn to see a girl of no more than 7 or 8 sitting and crying on the bridge,I ask her why she is crying , she tells me she ran from the car and was never allowed off the bridge.Then I wake up.
Hello Cernunnos, my two cents ...

Recurring dreams are either in the nature of past issues which are very important, but which have not yet been resolved, or else prophecies of future events involving the unfoldment of destiny. Note these most carefully and keep constant watch for indications of their unfoldment.

I will try to use a dream interpretation based on this www(dot)renascentlegacy(dot)com/docs/vol2
from Theun Mares' "Cry of the Eagle". It is evident that you yourself will be the best interpreter of your own dream, so consider my effort only to give you a hunch of how it could be interpreted.

Some dream symbols relevant to your short dream sequence:

Bridge The need to recognise and eradicate
separativness; or the need to reconcile
apparently opposing concepts

Can't move/Moving difficult Being stuck in a view of the
world/social conditioning

Colour: Blue Humility & understanding
Talking The need for communication
Running Escapism/Opportunity for
Mountains/Hills Hope
Open areas Freedom/Fear of taking the gap to
freedom

Lamp Guidance/Need for
Light See lamp
Lightning Intent
Window Vision/Idealism
Path/Road Direction
River Unconditional love
Road General awareness/Direction
Vehicle (any kind) State of awareness/Level of perception

Here it goes ...

You find yourself to be in a state of awareness which is rather big (American car? :cool:), but you have very little or no control of that state of awareness. It seems to take you into directions which are beyond your own conscious control. Still there is hope within your level of perception (mountains/hills of Ireland) and also freedom (open areas of Ireland). If on the contrary, those open areas left you with some feeling of dread, they disclose your fear of taking the gap to freedom. The latter is more in line with the fact that you were using the back seat of the car.
You have the capacity to open your vision/ idealism (looking out of window) and in this will be guided (light) by the power of your intent (flashlight) for which you will have to heed the concept of "humility and understanding" (the color of the flash is blue). Your state of awareness will no longer run around with you uncontrollably (the car has stopped), more even, it will follow your footsteps.
The bridge and the weeping girl are not something that happens sequentially but provide further detail, I think, to the dream message. Apparently, now is the time to reconcile seemingly opposing concepts (the bridge) possibly related to unconditional love as you have taken notice of the "river". If this does not happen, an important aspect of your self will remain stuck, and further growth will be stunted. The girl literally can not leave the bridge.

On a sidetrack ... I am missing the meaning of the appearance of young children within the list of Theun Mares' dream symbols. But from personal experience, I'd say it stands for an important aspect of your self that should become reintegrated. For me it was usually a boy (Are you feminine?). Another reason is that although this girl was unknown to you, she felt sufficiently familiar to you to 1) have deep empathic feeling with her, to the point that I think you must have felt her pain quite physically in your dream 2) you immediately came to the rescue, and 3) you opened a conversation with her.
I believe that there is an important aspect of your self to become reintegrated.
I also think that the young age of such dream characters point to something that happened in the past. Sometimes the boy I encountered in my dream was very shy with a very low social self esteem and that was telling. It opened memories to recapitulate around.

Continuing ...
I have the impression that the girl in your dream feels abandoned, lonely. Try to feel around what kind of memories it triggers and recapitulate around it. Also, she ran from the car. Or, a past aspect within your self tried to escape (running), or actually succeeded to escape, from the state of awareness. And now, it is stuck, on the bridge, waiting to be reintegrated.

Please don't take my word for it, use it as a guidance.
Although I sincerely hope I have been of help.

Well thought-out Charles, am impressed. I followed the link u posted, but 'Document Not found' came up. Any other literature you could push me towards regarding 'dream-interpretation'? I've had a couple lately that are just screaming something at me!

EDIT: got it now! went via the website homepage..

That's something. I had almost the same dream tonight, where my car was driving by itself, while I was at passenger seat (it was obeying rules of the road all by itself) :)

Charles, I am not really sure about Recurring dreams... Thing is... Most of the dreams I see are reacurring... When I was a child, I would see some dreams ~ 10x times, such as oversized stillborn smiling baby outside of the window or witch in a washroom, until I've learned to recognize inside the dream that this is a dream (I do not know how anymore). And even now, sometimes in dreams I realize that I've already "seen" & "been through this" before (like I know the environment)

agni said:
That's something. I had almost the same dream tonight, where my car was driving by itself, while I was at passenger seat (it was obeying rules of the road all by itself) :)
Driving is a reflection of how you lead your life, as I see it you may feel like you're not in control, something is driving you by but it still obeys the rules.

The interesting thing is that there is no driver per se but I don't know how it could reflect with how you feel.

I always have in mind the coach story because to me dreaming of driving connects to the story, as in a modern version of it (http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=192).)

I indeed dreamed once of driving on a coach, but without horses so it makes some sense to me.

Maybe it can give you another angle on your dream.

Tigersoap said:
Driving is a reflection of how you lead your life, as I see it you may feel like you're not in control, something is driving you by but it still obeys the rules.
Yes, I agree with this. To me a car has the potential to represent a person's mechanical physical vehical. (I've also had dreams where I'm in a car and I'm not the one driving - my mother is... and badly at that!)

It appears you got out of the car (left your body?) in order to speak to they young girl who had already 'left her body', but whom was unable to 'cross over' (the bridge). Or, at least, that's how I see the bridge. The bridge is the bridge between 3rd and 5th density. She may have died and been unable to 'move on' from 3rd density...

Alternatively, the 7-8 year old girl may represent a part of yourself, suggesting that something significant happened to you at this age which you may have not been able to 'move on' from. Also, the year '1950's' may be significant too. Is this era significant to you in any way, or do you just like older model cars? :) Did something significant happen to your family in the 1950's?

Back
Top Bottom