My kitchen TV has a mind of its own!

My wife and I moved into our house in September of 2012. I've noticed over this time period my kitchen flat screen TV turn on by itself at least 5 or 6 times. I've gone out to the garage to smoke and then I come back in and it's on, showing the UVerse screen saver. One time I got home from work, and from what I remember the TV was not on before I walked upstairs to go change clothes, I came back and it's turned on(there was no one home but me). I admit I was little freaked out because this kept happening. Plus this happened again just a few days ago. Now, I'm assuming there has to be a logical reason why this is happening, taking into account the approach of this realm border wave and the fact that our planet is experiencing a significant increase in electro-magnetic activity, not to mention 4th density bleed-throughs and various paranormal phenomenon. So I suppose this may be just a weird electrical phenomenon.

Perhaps I will not be able to find a reason for this strange happening, but I'm curious if anyone else experiencing an increase in electrical anomalies or phenomenon?(Which i am sure many are...) Any input would be appreciated.... :huh:

There was a thread recently, I think about a stove but I'm not sure.

Check your remote controler, I remeber a few years ago my button was jammed and
as soon as I turned off the screen, it would turn on a few secounds later.

Knowledge Junkie 2012 said:
Perhaps I will not be able to find a reason for this strange happening, but I'm curious if anyone else experiencing an increase in electrical anomalies or phenomenon?(Which i am sure many are...) Any input would be appreciated.... :huh:

Unplug it.

That's what we do with weird electrical stuff. ;D

Wait, you have a zTV? I can already see where's the problem... :lol: More seriously though, whenever your flat screen (or worse, Smart TV) is plugged in, even when powered down, you should assume that everything you say and do is being recorded and stored for future (or real-time) analysis, and WILL be used against you. (Not to mention the electromagnetic noise and mental pollution you create for yourself.)

After all, this is what the recent NSA whistleblower confirmed. Not that experts hadn't been warning about these existing capabilities for the last decade...

One good thing about machines is that they have plenty of off buttons. If buttons and plugs don't work, there's always a hammer.

Seriously, though, I think the simplest explanation is that one of your neighbors has a universal remote with a good range.

Anthony said:
There was a thread recently, I think about a stove but I'm not sure.

Check your remote controler, I remeber a few years ago my button was jammed and
as soon as I turned off the screen, it would turn on a few secounds later.

Yeah that was my case, the stove knob turned on letting out the gas lp, but this is a manual system, not electronic. I just put a lock on the knobs and as far as i can tell havent happen again in this few days.

In the range of another mundane explanation : do you have a cat ? Mine have turned on my TV several times

Electrical things have little glitches all the time. The TV could be defective or if you have windows in your kitchen the signal could be coming from a neighbor's house. In my experience I've found you can't read too much into electrical components misfiring. They make them cheaply and they're too unreliable imo.

well The Poltergeist is one of my favorite movies and any strange behavior by TV receptors always reminds me of "they are here!" moment. :phaser:

Although I am pretty sure there is more mundane explanation here.

Knowledge Junkie 2012 said:
My wife and I moved into our house in September of 2012. I've noticed over this time period my kitchen flat screen TV turn on by itself at least 5 or 6 times. I've gone out to the garage to smoke and then I come back in and it's on, showing the UVerse screen saver. One time I got home from work, and from what I remember the TV was not on before I walked upstairs to go change clothes, I came back and it's turned on(there was no one home but me). I admit I was little freaked out because this kept happening. Plus this happened again just a few days ago.

Does it always happen while you are "away/out of the kitchen for a short time"? Or did you ever come home, went straight into the kitchen and the TV was on?

I experienced something quite similar with my electric stove a couple of weeks ago and this morning :shock: Stove was turned on, even though I could swear never touched it. Both times it happened I had been in the kitchen, went out shortly and came back.

Since I am currently reading Martha Stout's "Myth of Sanity" I was thinking along the lines of "dissociating", but if it must have been strongly since I am usually quite fussy around turning electric equipment off.

I admit that it is a bit of a different thing with a TV, since the stove has to be turned on manually whereas the TV just "reacts" to the EM ?wave of the remote control.

Maybe if there is time in one of the next sessions, this might be a good question for the C's -
Does it have a mundane explanation, is it Wave-related, or are we experiencing enhanced dissociative states?

M.T.

It happened just one time, the day after my mother died. When I went to the living room the TV was on. My mother was an addict to TV. So I am sure her spirit put the TV on just to give me a wink. :D

Pete said:
Electrical things have little glitches all the time. The TV could be defective or if you have windows in your kitchen the signal could be coming from a neighbor's house. In my experience I've found you can't read too much into electrical components misfiring. They make them cheaply and they're too unreliable imo.

I tend to agree with above. Personally, if I ever seen my TV being turned on and off on its own, I'll unplug it. If that doesn't work and if it keeps doing the same thing, I'll make sure that there's no battery installed and then down to the dump it'll go.

When I was ghost-hunting in my college days, I've seen a quite bit of equipments going wonky during the investigation, including my hearing aid. It was strange.

So, once you eliminate the possible causes, whatever remains, no matter how probable, must be the explanation (borrowing from Sherlock here). :)

Just to lighten it up a bit, I saw this today and remembered this thread

http://i.imgur.com/NF261EN.jpg

Herr Eisenheim said:
Just to lighten it up a bit, I saw this today and remembered this thread

http://i.imgur.com/NF261EN.jpg

This is hilarious!
I've just recalled of my old children book about House Spirits of a similar pattern.

:rotfl:

Just to confirm a few things:
I don't have a cat or any animal. Plus I never considered that possibly a neighbor could have a possible universal controller that could reach my TV in the house, I'm not saying that's happening, but its plausible. But I will try unplugging it after this happens and try some way to test whether this is some electrical anomaly. I try to have an open mind like many on this forum, but I know I must consider the mundane explanation before I look for some high strangeness phenomenon. The strangest thing about this, is that I've never come home to find the TV on, it has always turned itself on whenever I was home and upstairs doing something, then I come back down to find it on, or go smoke and find it on. That's the honest truth. Strange as it may be, I'm sure there is still the possibility of a mundane explanation.

Back
Top Bottom