Mysterious UFO invades lounge

T

the rabbit

Very strange...take note of the size and weight!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dominionpost/4485037a6000.html

Mystery today surrounded an unidentified flying object that smashed through the roof of a Hawke's Bay house, landing on the lounge floor yesterday.

The resident of Whakatu, eight kilometres northeast of Hastings, was home but in a different room.

It was first thought a small mechanical part had fallen from a small plane, but the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has discounted that theory.

CAA spokesman Bill Sommers told NZPA an aeronautical engineer studied the part and found it was not from a plane.

"So we don't know what it's from."

The metal object had rust on it, was about 11cm long, 4.5cm wide and weighed about a kilogram, Mr Sommer said.

It would be "impractical" to consider that it had fallen out of the plane somehow, he said.

He also discounted the object coming from outer space.

"It's not the kind of thing you'd want to put into space because it's too heavy," Mr Sommer said.

"So it's a bit mysterious."

Constable Ben Howat of Hastings police said they were investigating what the object was and where it came from.

- NZPA

So it could be anything. It could be man-made, military or civilian,
so who knows and without any photo and real factual data, "the devil
is in the details". It is interesting of the quote: "He also discounted
the object coming from outer space.", "It's not the kind of thing you'd
want to put into space because it's too heavy," Mr Sommer said.

Says who?

I'd wait for further details, if any.

There's a picture up there now, and the object seems to have the letters SPLRY or SPL5Y on it.

The letter look like "SPURY" to me. It must be terrestrial in origin, possibly a part of a machine thats had a bit of an accident? I'm thinking a tree-stump remover or something similar. The connecting edges have been sheared, and you know what they say of gravity, what goes up must come down...

That title would make a great song name: "Mysterious UFO invades lounge" :)

I would agree with the latest commentary of that article-site; looks like a broken "disc pad" from a truck/car break. (OR airplane! forgot that one..)

http://i28.tinypic.com/i774w6.jpg

Also maybe the exact model can be found

"Results 1 - 21 of about 323,000 for disc pad" (images)
_http://images.google.com/images?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=disc+pad+&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

uhm... bottomline though imo, not a ufo.

Is it also possible that this part had "cannoned" out from an auto-junkyard nearby?
Maybe the 'crusher' caused this part to go: "BOOOIIINNNG!" and fired out of the junkyard and into the lounge?

***Chuckle***, seems a funny thought tho... but what the hey!

To me that looks like it should be attached to a chain, like part of a hoist or something. Maybe a some chain snapped and sent that metal into the air somehow.

Looks like some sort of counter balance to me. I tend to agree with Devar on this one. As for the word "invades", it makes it all sound so much more than what it really is.

Peg

Back
Top Bottom