Natural contraception or just nonsense? Help needed...

Mililea

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I haven't used contraception for several years now. The last time I had a Mirena IUD, I think it must have been around 2013, when I had it removed. Since then I have had a cycle that I can set my watch by. However, due to the lack of contraception, I have inhibitions about having sexual intercourse at all, or I can't let myself go. :halo:

I would also consider sterilisation, the money wouldn't bother me, but the anaesthetic would. And I was also told by a gynaecologist that it is possible to get more ectopic pregnancies after sclerotherapy of the fallopian tubes. I'm a bit afraid of that because I've already had two when I was young.
My husband can't have the procedure either as he is a wheelchair user and also diabetic. He recently had a procedure in the area :whistle: and it healed very, very badly, I don't want to do that to him again.

I definitely don't want a child. Besides, I am already 46 years old.
Now I remembered that you can also use Mexican yam for contraception. I read this article and others about it and just started taking it. Dose: 1500 mg in the morning and in the evening. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it at all recommended? Or do anyone have other ideas?

IMO I would seriously look into fertility awareness since your cycle is regular. You can tell when you’re ovulating by temps, cervical mucous, and ovulation predictor kits. By trying to get pregnant, I’ve learned so much about my body that I was never taught. Did you know that you are only fertile about 6 days of the month? Knowledge protects and truly is power. There is a great podcast called “Fertility Friday” and the host leads online groups on how to track your fertility for pregnancy or avoiding pregnancy.
Sorry typing from phone so could not make a link. Having this knowledge truly changed my life.

IMO I would seriously look into fertility awareness since your cycle is regular. You can tell when you’re ovulating by temps, cervical mucous, and ovulation predictor kits. By trying to get pregnant, I’ve learned so much about my body that I was never taught. Did you know that you are only fertile about 6 days of the month? Knowledge protects and truly is power. There is a great podcast called “Fertility Friday” and the host leads online groups on how to track your fertility for pregnancy or avoiding pregnancy.
Sorry typing from phone so could not make a link. Having this knowledge truly changed my life.
The confounding detail of the story is that of course I feel most like it on these days... :whistle::halo:because that's how I've done it up to now. But maybe a combination with neem oil would be good, since you can also use it after sexual intercourse.

Hello, There is a Natural birth control method I found a couple of years ago, called :The Fertility Awareness Method. It is described in the book: "Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The definitive guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health." By Toni Weschler, MPH

The idea is to use a chart to log your cycle, log waking temps, cervical position, cervical fluid, emotions and other things. The chart will help listen and understand your body. So there is a small learning curve for using this method. She does a good job of explaining all about it in her book.

Now I remembered that you can also use Mexican yam for contraception. I read this article and others about it and just started taking it. Dose: 1500 mg in the morning and in the evening. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it at all recommended? Or do anyone have other ideas?
Yams root is a very reliable contraceptive because it contains natural progestin. I used it myself for about a year. The dose you specified is correct. However, there is one important detail to look out for. As you said, it is imperative to take the capsules in the morning AND in the evening. And always at the same time with an interval of 12 hours. If you forget to take a single dose, contraception is no longer safe.

I would also test the other recommended methods and combine them if necessary. What I also remember is that my homeopath said that yam's root can lead to severe side effects when taken at the same time as homeopathic remedies (plants only).

Other than that, I highly recommend it. You just need discipline in taking it. But that's a good workout! :-D I was lucky that my husband had himself sterilized. Unfortunately, this is not the case with you. But I can absolutely understand that you want to spare your husband this procedure with his medical history.

The only warning I would give you is that things can get a little crazy near menopause, like maybe there is a last, unexpected blast of fertility. This has caught many women unaware, even when their cycles became few and far between. Barrier method is relatively cheap, effective and safe.

Thank you very much for your advice. To be on the safe side, I have now bought some additional neem oil. I read that the smell is not exactly beguiling, but you can mix it with other oils.
Yes, the menopause... I'm really looking forward to it... but it's not quite that far yet... :whistle:
I've had an app cycle app for a couple of years now and it's working quite well so far. I think I'll combine everything a bit. And as they say, it's really only a few days when you're really fertile.

Back
Top Bottom