"New" Da Vinci painting unveiled

Adamski said:
i had a little skulk around and found a larger image here: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02048/Salvator-Mundi_2048281b.jpg and they definitely appear to be intentional.

unless its supposed to be the light reflecting of his/hers? finger tips being distorted in the sphere?

Thanks for finding the larger shot (attached below). I think the dots are intentional - two more and it would be Cassiopeia constellation. ;)

Attachments

• Salvator-Mundi_2048281b.gif
    Salvator-Mundi_2048281b.gif
    160.8 KB · Views: 39
Thats what i thought. it could also be the top of orion or auriga? or maybe is representative of the holy trinity. i dont think the picture is finished though, judging by the lack of a background, so there was likely more to be added at a later date.

anart said:
mkrnhr said:
Does anyone find a color picture of this painting?

It's hit the mainstream news again today and here is a color version (not super clear though and this version actually looks quite different from the original, I think?):

It doesn't look like the same image to me either.
On a closer inspection, on the black and white one he seems to have much curlier hair on his right side, and the curls start higher up then on the colored one. Also, on the colored one he seems to have some sort of gem at the center of his chest, or at least something that sparkles as we can see from the reflex hinted by a small white brushstroke of white, which seems non existent in the black and white version. His face also seems more masculine and wider at the bottom on the colored one.

Maybe my eyes are tricking me, but they do seem to look very different.

Having looked at them, I think they are the same. The lower contrast of the color version can be seen to affect the overall impression as the contours become different for this reason in a bunch of places - everything that's just a little bit darker in the color version is close to black in the black and white version.

Spent my early years in the Art's mostly painting & sculpting , the first thing caught my eye is the Lack of defraction in the "orb" , such a simple mistake wouldn't be made by a "Master" ( unless on popurse of course ;)).

the "orb" looks to be like a pane of glass 2D & transparent , Just a simple look over with 150 IE zoom Looks as tho one can see a madin sitting up on her left side in the mid'st of the 3 "stars" ?? holding the top 2 in her hands & the 3rd near her butt ( excuse my corseness) which I would think would be a defraction on an otherwise defractionless orb ....Faint but looks that way to me .

Something is being "said" or it wasn't painted by a Master , if indeed it is ancient/old doesn't really matter Who painted it IMO ... it still Art.

Yes the eye's look "sleepy"

Salvator Mundi and Cassiopaea constellation

Some time ago was doing speculating about whether the work is Salvator Mundi of Leonardo Da Vinci or not. My mind has linked the crystal ball that Jesus holds in his hand with the constellation Cassiopaea. There are only two stars in the corners. Who knows if it's a clue!

Attachments

• 231981-leonardo-da-vinci-039-s-salvator-mundi.jpg
    231981-leonardo-da-vinci-039-s-salvator-mundi.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Leo Cassiopaea1.png
    Leo Cassiopaea1.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Leo Cassiopaea.png
    Leo Cassiopaea.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 99
Alvaro, I merged your post with the thread that already exists on the topic. The search function is your friend. ;)

If it hasn't been covered yet, here's Picknett and Prince's take on it over at tDG:
___http://www.dailygrail.com/Hidden-History/2011/11/Did-Leonardo-Fake-the-Shroud-Turin

Here they are relating it with the the Turin shroud.

Back
Top Bottom