New Forum layout April 2018

You may have hit the preview button without noticing it and not gone back to normal view. Hitting the preview button again would restore normal access for you.

Another possibility would be: hitting the toggle button accidentally and not restore it to normal.

Hope this helps you out.

You may have hit the preview button without noticing it and not gone back to normal view. Hitting the preview button again would restore normal access for you.

Another possibility would be: hitting the toggle button accidentally and not restore it to normal.

Hope this helps you out.
Thank you Palinuras, all sorted now. ;-D

I'm wondering about some of the changes that have occurred possibly as an automatic update? The icon bar has condensed from its former self in that one has to hit the more options symbols to access icons such as text color and the quote function. One has to access the more options symbol to save draft now, too. I find this annoying as extra steps have to be taken to do what was easily done with one stroke before - I don't get how the condensed version is better.

On another note, as the mainstream video providers such as youtube become more and more untenable due to censorship/wokeness, rumble, brighteon and such feature the vids one would like to embed here, but aren't among the approved sites to do so. Any way to embed vids other than through the official icon feature? Will that feature ever be edited to include these newer video providers?

Thanks in advance!

I'm wondering about some of the changes that have occurred possibly as an automatic update? The icon bar has condensed from its former self in that one has to hit the more options symbols to access icons such as text color and the quote function. One has to access the more options symbol to save draft now, too. I find this annoying as extra steps have to be taken to do what was easily done with one stroke before - I don't get how the condensed version is better.

I re-jiggered the Medium-sized toolbar. Not sure when they changed it!

On another note, as the mainstream video providers such as youtube become more and more untenable due to censorship/wokeness, rumble, brighteon and such feature the vids one would like to embed here, but aren't among the approved sites to do so. Any way to embed vids other than through the official icon feature? Will that feature ever be edited to include these newer video providers?

Thanks in advance!

The forum uses oembed, which is a service that the video site itself must create and register with oembed in order for their vids to auto-embed everywhere. It looks like Brighteon, LBRY, and Odysee aren't on the list yet, but Rumble is. Lessee:

Well, that didn't work... Rumble needs to catch up and update their oembed endpoint so it works again!

I re-jiggered the Medium-sized toolbar. Not sure when they changed it!
Thanks Scottie - it is a mystery as to why it was changed.
The forum uses oembed, which is a service that the video site itself must create and register with oembed in order for their vids to auto-embed everywhere.
Yes, it's aggravating when so many vids have accessible embed codes - which were easily usable under the former layout - but useless now. Also a mystery as to why. I'm a believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"! :rolleyes:

Forum layout looks great, but there is one thing that bothers me.
This forum has two themes and somehow both of those themes use blue as main color.
I can see why many sites do that (Why Are Social Media Sites Blue? How Color Psychology Drives Engagement), but at same time i am kinda worried that too much blue color could effect users sleep schedule (Blue light has a dark side - Harvard Health, Sleep and Blue Light, How Blue Light Affects Sleep | Sleep Foundation).

Sure there are users that wear protective glasses (blue light blockers) or use software to shift color temperature (Windows 10 Night Mode, Linux's Redshift, f.lux), but that software is not option for everyone, especially not for older mobile devices.

It would be great if users could pick from themes that use different colors.

It would be great if users could pick from themes that use different colors.
Never really thought about it, however the default on links is certainly to one colour, blue.

One can, as just tried above, highlight and change the link colour (tried it again on the link below (green) and it did not hold - reverted back to blue).

Now don't know very much about XenForo (Scottie does ;-)), yet was reading here on the XenForo Forum (2012) - Color variations of default style(online editor).that opens with: "This is not a typical style, this is an online color scheme editor for XenForo. It can work with any style."

Anyway, this may not be what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom