New psychopath documentary

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
A new documentary on psychopathy, which features Sandra Brown, was recently aired in Canada. Unfortunately, it's only available online for people in Canada. Can some of our Canadian members check it out, and maybe see if they can find a source where it's viewable for others?

_http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episodes/the-psychopath-next-door

I cannot watch the video as I am in the US. But the face of the man in the video still is rather frightening.

Perhaps I can use a mimic hack to make the site think I'm from Canada. Worth a try...I'd love to see this.

QL

QuantumLogic said:
I cannot watch the video as I am in the US. But the face of the man in the video still is rather frightening.

Perhaps I can use a mimic hack to make the site think I'm from Canada. Worth a try...I'd love to see this.

QL

Hi QL, I'm not really up to speed with with computer technology, but the words "mimic" & "hack" used together like that to trick the site sounds pretty dodgy to me. And the forum has clear rules on these things. Why take the chance? Better to create an alert or so, wait patiently for a possible full YouTube video (refer to truth seeker's link above) or just keep searching around. I think most of us would like to see this too, plus we have Canadian members in Canada as well! They can give an accurate & trustworthy account if & when they see it. For now, AI's link has comments at the bottom of the page that shows that people have watched it & have now got their eyes wide open. Which is pleasing to see.

Approaching Infinity said:
A new documentary on psychopathy, which features Sandra Brown, was recently aired in Canada. Unfortunately, it's only available online for people in Canada. Can some of our Canadian members check it out, and maybe see if they can find a source where it's viewable for others?

_http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episodes/the-psychopath-next-door

Watched this with my partner tonight and then looked into its availability elsewhere, which does not look feasible yet.

Very briefly, the documentary followed many others and quoted segments of Babiak, Hare and Brown along with other psychologists who lead the viewer through outlines of this pathology well known here. Sandra was very good with her segment, as were the others. Hare takes the listener to the top of the board rooms and into the prisons. If not for a few of Hare's statements, unless it was said and the producers edited out these things, the documentary kept well away from political leaders and ponerology in general. Hare did mention (ever so briefly) that there are those that can and do cause great ills over much of the world - examples being the financial 2008/09 ruin and why - the likes of Madoff where used in examples.

The question came up concerning genetic or epigenetic (learned) roots. And as this started to be explored, Kevin Dutton was introduced (was expecting this). And as can be expected with him, he took the listener on the latter root cause to a higher leaning, along with the generally agreed upon vocations of where many psychopathic people operate from within - always climbing to the top. In Kevin's earlier view, which he does not elaborate on here, they can be beneficial. When it came to children who exhibit psychological markers, Hare argued that early recognition and treatment may help abate the later full blown "propensity" of a psychopathic individual.

One of the main topics that, as alluded to earlier, was their noticeable distance from politics and geopolitical leaders i.e. the cold calculations of the ring leaders and their outer and inner think tanks et al., who do not even bat an eye when plotting the demise of whole countries along with their citizens. With this in mind, it's one thing to mention the worst disturbed person in lines with the likes of a Dahmer, which they did, yet never mentioning the likes of Dick Cheney, Wolfowitz and the rest of this type of cabal who can, and as history shows, sacrifice any and all to facilitate their powerful and demented thirsts - and the may well kill or enslave millions from a simple armchair, it could be said? So Doc Zones stayed well away from these types of things, after all, it is the newer CBC, the Canadian governments instrument.

Overall, for people just learning about Psychopathy, it is a good documentary. Some of the personal stories where heartbreaking, especial when it was a husband or a son who's mask suddenly dropped.

It's too bad it can't be viewed from outside Canada and I hope that changes.

voyageur said:
[...]
It's too bad it can't be viewed from outside Canada and I hope that changes.

It appears not, that's great you found it, liam1310.

Thanks Approaching Infinity for informing about the documentary and thank you liam1310 for the youtube link,
will watch it soon enough.

I am in the US and watching it now directly on YouTube from liam1310's link, seems good so far...

Back
Top Bottom