New virus- Zika

Interesting thing is that this virus had been known for decades and it was always considered low risk, this time its spreading like wildfire and nobody knows why, at least according to WHO officials I was just listening on the radio.

Z said:
Interesting thing is that this virus had been known for decades and it was always considered low risk, this time its spreading like wildfire and nobody knows why, at least according to WHO officials I was just listening on the radio.

Yeah, its seems to be spreading really fast, much faster than the Ebola outbreak - and so far no border controls instituted globally. Something doesn't feel right about the Zika story, im not sure what it is. The fact that it affects newborns drastically is really worrying; and the Aedes mosquito is literally found everywhere in the tropics - it will be hard to contain if it goes more global.

Mr.Cyan said:
Z said:

Yeah, its seems to be spreading really fast, much faster than the Ebola outbreak - and so far no border controls instituted globally. Something doesn't feel right about the Zika story, im not sure what it is. The fact that it affects newborns drastically is really worrying; and the Aedes mosquito is literally found everywhere in the tropics - it will be hard to contain if it goes more global.

I dont like this virus and I think there is something dark in it. Monsanto or genetically mosquitoes, or Bill Gates or I don't know but I see the symbolism in it: it attacks embryons, the next generation. And the next generation in the South, or in poor countries. Is this a mosquito that do eugenics? When I read about it the first time, some weeks ago I tough about a sort of a eugenic situation. Or a infanticide sort of situation. If we extrapole we see that women would not be able to have babies because of this virus.

But why now? Are they (They) so desperate as putting a mortal virus on this planet that will kill the possibility of a future? Are they thinking about wiping out the progeniture of some races or cultures and is this a test? Ok, I am extrapolating maybe too much. This virus made me remember The White Plague, a novel by Frank Herbert. In the book there were women that were dying and disappearing of this planet.

When an IRA bomb goes off, the wife and children of molecular biologist John Roe O'Neill are killed on May 20, 1996. Driven halfway insane by loss, his mind fragments into several personalities that carry out his plan for him. He plans a gendercidal revenge and creates a plague that kills only women, but for which men are the carriers. O'Neill then releases it in Ireland (for supporting the terrorists), England (for oppressing the Irish and giving them a cause), and Libya (for training said terrorists); he demands that the governments of the world send all citizens of those countries back to their countries, and that they quarantine those countries and let the plague run its course, so they will lose what he has lost; if they do not, he has more plagues to release.

The subject of the book is very disturbing because very "possible".

Most of the drama is mental, political, and communal. While the story of O'Neill and his revenge is told in full, there is also the larger story of how the governments of the world's countries deal with the plague, which escapes into limited areas that are quickly sterilized by "panic fire", which immolates everything and everyone in it. North Africa is wiped out; Boston is burned to the ground; Rome is destroyed with atomic bombs; and the U.S. pushes for a moat of cobalt dust to isolate Africa, which is written off as a total loss.
The world's armed forces are reorganized under a Canadian Admiral, Francois Delacourt, who heads Barrier Command, responsible for the absolute separation of contaminated and clean areas. Scientists toy with a conspiracy of intellectuals to override the expected repression of research by governments. In countries around the world angry mobs lynch Irish, English, Libyans, and anyone too closely resembling them.
The plague also has major social repercussions. The book implies near the end that polyandry will necessarily become mandatory, potentially giving women involved in such marriages enhanced power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Plague

I am sorry if I made noise but this virus make me feel that there is something behind the mosquito.

loreta said:
I dont like this virus and I think there is something dark in it. Monsanto or genetically mosquitoes, or Bill Gates or I don't know but I see the symbolism in it: it attacks embryons, the next generation. And the next generation in the South, or in poor countries. Is this a mosquito that do eugenics? When I read about it the first time, some weeks ago I tough about a sort of a eugenic situation. Or a infanticide sort of situation. If we extrapole we see that women would not be able to have babies because of this virus.

I had similar thoughts too, something is just not right, and the fact that it attacks the next generation is what is worrying - and we already have countries advising women not to get pregnant....

The latest from WHO on Zika :

WHO says Zika ‘spreading explosively’ & 4mn may be infected, while ‘no vaccine expected for years’
https://www.rt.com/news/330527-who-zika-pandemic-vaccine/

I seen a comment about the Tdap vaccine after one of the articles on Sott, took me a little while to find something on it, the link on the comment gave an error:

https://brazilianshrunkenheadbabies.wordpress.com/about/

In late 2014, the Ministry of Health of Brazil announced the introduction of the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis) vaccine for all pregnant women in that country as part of its routine vaccination program. The move was aimed at trying to contain the resurgence of pertussis in Brazil.

In December 2015, the Brazilian government declared an emergency after 2,400 Brazilian babies were found to be born with shrunken heads (microcephaly) and damaged brains since October.

Brazilian public health officials don’t know what is causing the increase in microcephaly cases in babies born in Brazil, but they are theorizing that it may be caused by a virus known as “Zika,” which is spread by mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti)—in the same way as is the West Nile virus.

The theory is largely based on the fact that they found the Zika virus in a baby with microcephaly following an autopsy of the dead child. The virus was also found in the amniotic fluid of two mothers whose babies had the condition.

Note that Zika is not a new virus; it has been around for decades. No explanation has been given as to why suddenly it could be causing all these cases of microcephaly. No one is seriously asking the question, “What has changed?”

There is no theorizing about the possibility that the cases of microcephaly could be linked to the mandating of the Tdap vaccine for all pregnant women in Brazil about 10 months earlier. The government has “assumed” the cause is a virus.

FACT—Drug companies did not test the safety and effectiveness of giving Tdap vaccine to pregnant women before the vaccines were licensed in the U.S. and there is almost no data on inflammatory or other biological responses to this vaccine that could affect pregnancy and birth outcomes.

FACT—According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) adequate testing has not been done in humans to demonstrate safety for pregnant women and it is not known whether the vaccines can cause fetal harm or affect reproduction capacity. The manufacturers of the Tdap vaccine state that human toxicity and fertility studies are inadequate and warn that Tdap should “be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.”

FACT—There are ingredients pertussis containing Tdap vaccine that have not been fully evaluated for potential genotoxic or other adverse effects on the human fetus developing in the womb that may negatively affect health after birth, including aluminum adjuvants, mercury containing (Thimerosal) preservatives and many more bioactive and potentially toxic ingredients.

FACT—There are serious problems with outdated testing procedures for determining the potency and toxicity of pertussis vaccines and some scientists are calling for limits to be established for specific toxin content of pertussis-containing vaccines.

FACT—There are no published biological mechanism studies that assess pre-vaccination health status and measure changes in brain and immune function and chromosomal integrity after vaccination of pregnant women or their babies developing in the womb.

FACT—Since licensure of Tdap vaccine in the U.S., there have been no well designed prospective case controlled studies comparing the health outcomes of large groups of women who get pertussis containing Tdap vaccine during pregnancy either separately or simultaneously compared to those who do not get the vaccines, and no similar health outcome comparisons of their newborns at birth or in the first year of life have been conducted. Safety and effectiveness evaluations that have been conducted are either small, retrospective, compare vaccinated women to vaccinated women or have been performed by drug company or government health officials using unpublished data.

FACT—FACT—The FDA has licensed Tdap vaccines to be given once as a single dose pertussis booster shot to individuals over 10 or 11 years old. The CDC’s recommendation that doctors give every pregnant woman a Tdap vaccination during every pregnancy—regardless of whether a woman has already received one dose of Tdap—is an off-label use of the vaccine.

FACT—Injuries and deaths from pertussis-containing vaccines are the most compensated claims in the federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) and influenza vaccine injuries and deaths are the second most compensated claim.

FACT—A 2013 published study evaluating reports of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) following vaccination in the U. S. Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) and in a European vaccine reaction reporting system found that pertussis containing DTaP was among the vaccines most frequently associated with brain inflammation in children between birth and age five.

Tdap is manufactured by two pharmaceutical companies: Sanofi Pasteur of France and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) of the United Kingdom.

The Sanofi Pasteur product contains aluminum phosphate, residual formaldehyde, residual glutaraldehyde, and 2-phenoxyethanola, along with the following growth mediums and process ingredients: Stainer-Scholte medium, casamino acids, dimethyl-beta-cyclodextrin, glutaraldehyde, formaldehyde, aluminum phosphate, modified Mueller-Miller casamino acid medium without beef heart infusion, ammonium sulfate, 2-phenoxyethanol, water for injection.

The GSK product contains aluminum hydroxide, sodium chloride, residual formaldehyde, polysorbate 80 (Tween 80), along with the following growth mediums and process ingredients: modified Latham medium derived from bovine casein, Fenton medium containing bovine extract, formaldehyde, Stainer-Scholte liquid medium, glutaraldehyde, aluminum hydroxide.

Unsurprisingly, the Brazilian government announced on January 15, 2016 it will direct funds to a biomedical research center (Sao Paulo-based Butantan Institute) to help develop a vaccine against Zika. Development of the vaccine is expected to take 3-5 years. Again, no consideration to the irony that you may be developing a vaccine to address a problem that may have been CAUSED by a vaccine, and that that new vaccine may COMPOUND the problem No consideration to the possibility that the answer to the problem may not be to do MORE, but rather to do LESS (simply STOP giving Tdcap to pregnant women).

The number of cases iof microcephaly in Brazil has grown to 3,530 babies, as of mid-January 2016. Fewer than 150 such cases were seen in all of 2014.

Most of the microcephaly cases have been concentrated in Brazil’s poor northeast, though cases in Rio de Janeiro and other big cities have also been on the rise, prompting people to stock up on mosquito repellent. Health officials are warning Brazilians—especially pregnant women—to stay inside when possible and wear plenty of bug spray if they have to go out.

Wanna look up the ingredients in mosquito spray? Oh, and what deadly insecticide do you reckon they’ll mass fumigate with? DDT perhaps?

(Note. Contains information pieced together—often copy and pasted—from newspaper articles and information from the National Vaccine Information Center.)

This world is really evil!!! :evil:

perhaps this is the answer to the question

_http://theantimedia.org/zika-outbreak-epicenter-in-same-area-where-gm-mosquitoes-were-released-in-2015/

There's definitely something 'off' about this whole Zika virus and GM mosquitoes. I remember reading that Putin cited colour revolutions and biological weapons as the two most important threats facing Russia...

Russia’s national security strategy for 2016 in 9 key points

President Vladimir Putin has signed the country’s national security strategy for 2016 with color revolutions and biological weapons named as primary threats to Russia. Here are nine key points you want to know about the document.

1. “Color Revolutions” and corruption among key threats to Russia’s security

Listed among threats to national security are “color revolutions” and their instigation, the undermining of traditional values, and corruption.

Who could be engaged in such activities? According to the document, “radical social groups which use nationalist and religious extremist ideologies, foreign and international NGOs, and also private citizens” who work to undermine Russia’s territorial integrity and destabilize political processes.

The activities of foreign intelligence services, terrorist and extremist organizations, and criminal groups are also classified as threats.

2. US complicates things with bio weapons threat
The growing number of countries in possession of nuclear weapons has also increased certain risks, the decree says. Indeed the risk of countries gaining possession of and using chemical weapons, as well as biological weapons, has risen as well, it elaborates.

“The network of US biological military labs is expanding on the territories of countries neighboring Russia,” it said. “Russia’s independent foreign and domestic policy has been met with counteraction by the US and its allies, seeking to maintain its dominance in world affairs.”

Full article can be read here on RT.

Just a thought - the hype on the Zika virus might be a "cover" for a tainted Tdap vaccine that was mandated by Brazil, for all pregnant woman starting in late 2014 and early 2015? The timeline would coincide with the outbreak and sudden dramatic increase? Just a guess after reading anitasweetie Post?

Tdap Vaccinations for All Pregnant Women in Brazil Mandated in Late 2014
https://idsent.wordpress.com/2016/01/24/tdap-vaccinations-for-all-pregnant-women-in-brazil-mandated-in-late-2014/

In October 2014, the Brazilian Ministry of Health’s Epidemiological Surveillance Center “Prof. Alexandre Vranjac” (CVE) in São Paulo, Brazil published a “technical report” on the diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccine (Tdap).1 In that report, the CVE stated that the Tdap vaccine would be included in Brazil’s National Vaccination Schedule for pregnant women.

Considering the epidemiological situation of the [pertussis] disease and the need to protect the mother-child pair, the Tdap vaccine will be incorporated into the National Vaccination Schedule for pregnant women and health professionals (anesthesiologist, gynecologist, obstetrician, neonatologist, pediatrician, nurse, and nursing technician) who care for newborns in maternity wards and nurseries/neonatal ICUs.1

A retrospective study published in the journal BMC Infectious Diseases in 2015 highlights the growing incidence of pertussis (whooping cough) in Brazil from 2007 to 2014. Using data obtained from case notification forms, the study identified a total of 80,068 “suspected cases” of pertussis in Brazil during that seven-year period.2 Another study published in Autopsy Case Reports last year cited the increasing number of deaths from pertussis in Brazil in recent years, particularly in 2013.3

In 2013, 109 pertussis-related deaths were reported—a number 7-fold higher than the average number of deaths reported annually in the period from 2001 to 2010. More than 80% of the deaths occurred in infants younger than 3 months of age.3

It is understandable that the Brazilian government was concerned about the upward trend in pertussis infections. By the end of 2014, following the October report from the CVE, the Brazilian Ministry of Health announced the introduction of the Tdap vaccine for all pregnant women in the country,3 and the Brazilian National Immunization Program (NIP) had begun the vaccinations.2 The policy change had been expected for many months. Earlier in 2014, at a meeting of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE), the group had written in a background paper…

[Brazil] will recommend Tdap in the routine immunization programme for pregnant women from 2014 onward.

The CVE report recommended the Tdap vaccine be given to women between the 27th week and 36th week of their pregnancy, and that it could also be administered up to 20 days prior to the expected date of birth.1 The report specified the Tdap produced by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) of the United Kingdom as the one to be used. GSK has a technology transfer agreement with Brazil’s Butantan Institute for the production of the Tdap vaccine5 in Brazil.

The CVE report listed the following ingredients in the GSK/Butantan Institute Tdap vaccine:
◾Diphtheria toxoid—not less than 2 International Units (IU)
◾Tetanus toxoid—not less than 20 International Units (IU)
◾Bordetella pertussis antigen
◾Pertussis toxoid—8 mcg
◾Filamentous haemagglutinin—8 mcg
◾Pertactin—2.5 mcg
◾Adsorbed hydrated aluminum hydroxide (Al (OH ) 3) and aluminum phosphate (AlPO4)
◾Excipients: aluminum hydroxide , aluminum phosphate , sodium chloride and water for injection. Contains formaldehyde residues, polysorbate 80 and glycine1

GSK’s Tdap product is internationally known under the brand name Refortrix® or, more commonly, Boostrix®), and it has been licensed in Brazil for more than a decade.6 In addition to the ingredients listed above for Boostrix, the following growth medium and process ingredients are used in manufacturing the vaccine:
◾modified Latham medium derived from bovine casein
◾Fenton medium containing bovine extract
◾formaldehyde
◾Stainer-Scholte liquid medium
◾glutaraldehyde
◾aluminum hydroxide7

According to GSK, neither the safety nor effectiveness of Boostrix have been established in pregnant women.8 The package insert for Boostrix reads:

A developmental toxicity study has been performed in female rats at a dose approximately 40 times the human dose (on a mL/kg basis) and revealed no evidence of harm to the fetus due to BOOSTRIX. Animal fertility studies have not been conducted with BOOSTRIX. There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. Because animal reproduction studies are not always predictive of human response, BOOSTRIX should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.8

Despite this cautionary information, the Brazilian government has been vaccinating tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of pregnant women in its country during the past year. A large portion of these pregnancies are occurring in Brazil’s northeastern region, notably in the state of Pernambuco—the country’s fastest growing population center.9 10

I found this and it's totally scary.

http://www.lgcstandards-atcc.org/Products/All/VR-84.aspx#generalinformation

what ATCC is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATCC_(company)

You can buy the zika virus ATCC VR-84 for 600€ it's seriouly dangerous.

Name of Depositor J. Casals, Rockefeller Foundation
Source Blood from experimental forest sentinel rhesus monkey, Uganda, 1947
Year of Origin 1947
References
Dick GW. Trans. R. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg. 46: 509, 1952.

i think you can find other scary thing and some information on this website.

Thank you for sharing Abats.

Abats said:
I found this and it's totally scary.

http://www.lgcstandards-atcc.org/Products/All/VR-84.aspx#generalinformation

what ATCC is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATCC_(company)

You can buy the zika virus ATCC VR-84 for 600€ it's seriouly dangerous.

Name of Depositor J. Casals, Rockefeller Foundation
Source Blood from experimental forest sentinel rhesus monkey, Uganda, 1947
Year of Origin 1947
References
Dick GW. Trans. R. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg. 46: 509, 1952.

i think you can find other scary thing and some information on this website.

I know Sott has run articles on this already but I thought I'd post this just in case( I got this in my inbox at the high school I work at in Edmonton, AB, Canada- new job for me- hooray!). Red flags all over the idea that companies are genetically engineering mosquitos to release into the population:

-https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/why-the-united-states-is-vulnerable-to-spread-of-zika-virus/2016/01/26/a8c6a9b4-c440-11e5-8965-0607e0e265ce_story.html?%3Ftid%3D=sm_pg
WHO Video

Why the United States is so vulnerable to the alarming spread of Zika virus As the Zika virus rapidly spreads to new countries, the World Health Organization provides answers to some of the most essential questions about the mosquito-born disease. (YouTube/World Health Organisation)
By Lena H. Sun and Brady Dennis January 27 at 10:42 AM
With the Zika virus now circulating in two dozen countries and territories across the Americas, the mosquito-borne pathogen seems destined to reach the United States and likely sooner rather than later.

ZIKA VIRUS: THE FACTS
• Zika virus us spread to people via mosquito bites.
• The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease are fever, rash, joint pain and conjunctivtis.
• Infected patients are typically ill for a few days to a week.
• While the illness is generally mild, some experts in Brazil have suggested a possible link between the virus in pregnant women and subsequent birth defects.
• The CDC said recently it is aware of reports of increased numbers of babies born with microcephaly, or smaller than expected head size, in Brazil.
• The Ministry of Health in Brazil is concerned about a possible association between the Zika virus and increased numbers of babies born with microcephaly.
• There is no vaccine to prevent, or medicine to treat Zika virus.
• Travellers can protect themselves, by taking steps to prevent mosquito bites.
• Source: CDC

-http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/zika-virus-concerns-spreading-around-the-world-1.3423150
CBC News
What is far less certain, say public health and infectious disease experts, is Zika’s potential reach and impact here. The South is seen as especially vulnerable because of its warm, humid climate and pockets of poverty where more people live without air-conditioning or proper window screens. Plus, the region is already home to mosquitoes that can transmit the virus.

Some models estimate as many as 200 million people live in areas that might be conducive to the spread of Zika during summer months — including along the East and West coasts and much of the Midwest. That makes for a huge target as researchers scramble to determine exactly how the virus manifests itself in the human body, who is particularly at risk, and why.

Their urgency comes amid increasing reports from Brazil, the current epicenter of Zika, of thousands of newborns with a rare condition involving brain damage. Doctors there have also seen a surge in another rare syndrome known as Guillain-Barré, which can lead to paralysis. With both, a link to Zika is suspected.

Already, Brazil, Colombia, El Salvador and Jamaica have urged women to postpone pregnancy. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has an ever-expanding advisory urging U.S. women who are pregnant from traveling to those 24 countries and territories in the Caribbean and Central and South America that have local transmission.

President Obama received a briefing Tuesday about the situation from his health and national security teams, including Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell, CDC Director Thomas Frieden and Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

A day earlier, the World Health Organization’s director-general warned that the disease’s spread is “explosive.”Margaret Chan also described the circumstantial evidence connecting Zika to cases of microcephaly, in which a baby’s head and brain are abnormally small, as “extremely worrisome.”

On Wednesday, the WHO announced it was holding a special briefing Thursday in Geneva on the spread of the virus.

So far, the experts are divided about what lies ahead for the United States. More than a dozen cases of the virus have been confirmed to date, including two announced Tuesday by Arkansas and Virginia state health officials. In each, the person was believed to have been infected while out of the country.

Fauci is downplaying the potential for a significant eruption of Zika here. He notes that dengue and chikungunya, diseases transmitted by the same kinds of mosquitoes, are widespread in Latin America. But their foothold in the United States has been well controlled, with only small clusters of cases. “It is unlikely that we will have a major outbreak of Zika in this country,” Fauci said.

Yet Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, fears the opposite is true. He recalls spending much of 2014 insisting that the Ebola outbreak would not become a significant problem in the United States. He gives no such assurance now.

“I think we’re in for real trouble in the United States,” he said, considering how swiftly Zika can spread. He focuses on conditions throughout the Gulf Coast, where stagnant water sources — in uncollected garbage, discarded tires, untended bird baths — can be ideal breeding grounds for mosquitos much of the year. “You’ve got to assume the worst-case scenario,” Hotez said.

Aedes albopictus, the Asian tiger mosquito, which can transmit the virus, is present from Florida to Connecticut and as far west as Illinois, said Laura Harrington, chair of Cornell University’s entomology department. It bites people as well as animals. A second species, Aedes aegypti, the yellow-fever mosquito, has a more limited geographic footprint and only bites people. But it is the primary “vector” for Zika’s transmission.

Taken together, “there are many parts of the United States that are vulnerable because of where the mosquito populations are,” Harrington said.

The experts acknowledge that any projections are hampered by their lack of knowledge about the disease. It takes between 10 to 11 days for a mosquito to become fully infected to pass on the virus, according to Nikos Vasilakis, an arbovirologist at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, where researchers are studying Zika in collaboration with scientists at Yale’s School of Public Health in Brazil. They don’t yet know what the risk is for pregnant women who are bitten by an infected mosquito and contract the virus — much less what the risk is for their fetus.

The CDC has issued guidelines for both pregnant women and newborns. For example, it recommends testing for the virus when babies have microcephaly and their mothers traveled to or lived in Zika-virus regions while pregnant. On Tuesday, agency officials held a telebriefing with clinicians nationwide to go over the guidelines as part of increased vigilance and public education.

In the Brazilian cases, most of the exposure to Zika appears to have been during the first trimester of pregnancy. But CDC officials have said there is also some evidence that a fetus can be in danger into the second trimester.

There is no drug to treat Zika or vaccine to prevent it, although Fauci said researchers are working on the latter. The most common symptoms of infection are fever, rash, joint pain and red, itchy eyes. Symptoms are usually mild and last several days to a week.

What you need to know about the Zika virus

Play Video1:10
Authorities have confirmed a dozen cases of Zika virus in the United States. Here's what you need to know. (Gillian Brockell/The Washington Post)
One of the biggest problems in researching the possible link between Zika and cases of birth defects has to do with the widespread presence of dengue disease in the countries with high Zika infection, said Lyle Petersen, director of CDC’s vector-borne disease division. Humans produce antibodies in response to both viruses, but current tests cannot really differentiate between them.

“In people with previous dengue exposure, there’s no test to be able to sort that out,” Petersen explained.

Major past outbreaks of Zika occurred in the Pacific islands among small populations, and uncommon kinds of birth defects were not noticed right away. After Brazil began reporting increased prevalence of microcephaly last October, authorities in French Polynesia went back and analyzed their 2013-2014 Zika outbreak involving more than 30,000 people. They found an increase in microcephaly cases and of Guillain-Barré syndrome.

Brazil has said it wants to expand an experiment using genetically modified mosquitoes produced by a British company called Oxitec. The company says they can be effective at controlling pest populations: Altered male mosquitoes are released into the wild to mate with females. The offspring never reach adulthood, blocking the next generation from carrying diseases like dengue, chikungunya and Zika virus.

Oxitec says that trials involving its mosquitoes in Brazil, Panama and the Cayman Islands “all resulted in a greater than 90 percent suppression” of the wild Aedes aegypti population. This month, the company announced that Piracicaba, a city in the Brazilian state of Sao Paulo, would expand its effort to eradicate disease-carrying mosquitos.

But it’s unlikely that genetically engineered mosquitoes will be buzzing around the United States anytime soon.

Beth Ranson, a spokeswoman for the Florida Keys Mosquito Control District, which has partnered with Oxitec for a proposed trial, said that before any altered bugs could be released there, the Food and Drug Administration must first complete an environment assessment of the project. Its findings must then be opened to public comment. Even once finalized, a local board would need to approve the trial — over the expected opposition of some Keys residents.

In the meantime, Ranson said, local inspectors are pushing forward with more conventional methods such as treating and eliminating breeding areas for mosquitoes.

WHO declares global emergency,link:
http://globalnews.ca/news/2490165/who-declares-zika-virus-an-international-emergency/
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-35459797?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

WHO puts this alert Zika virus in the same category that contained the Ebola epidemic in Africa.
Also, the growing number of illegal abortions in Brazil

They just spread diseases by vaccines, then find some victiim they could blame. I don't like mosquitos, but let's be serious. They live with us for a thousands years, and new vaccine is administered only few months longer than first victimss of so called "Zika virus"appeared.

First Case Of Sexually Transmitted Zika Virus Confirmed In Texas

From: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-02/first-case-sexually-transmitted-zika-virus-confirmed-texas

Earlier today, we documented the rather extreme steps Brazil is taking in what has so far been a futile attempt to combat the rapid spread of the head-shrinking Zika virus.

There have been nearly 4,000 cases of microcephaly in Brazil since the start of last year and the WHO has now declared “a public health emergency of international concern.” For her part, President Dilma Rousseff signed a decree authorizing health officials to essentially break into Brazilians’ homes even if no one is home in an effort to uncover mosquitoe breeding grounds. As a reminder, the Aedes mosquito is taking the blame on this particular pandemic.

Zika2.png

On Tuesday afternoon, we’re reminded that you don’t have to be bitten by a South American mosquito to get Zika as Dallas officials confirmed the first Zika virus case in Dallas County acquired through sexual contact.

"Dallas County Health and Human Services confirmed the case Tuesday afternoon and said the patient was infected after having sexual contact with an ill individual who returned from a country where the virus is known to be present," NBC reports, adding that "Dallas County health officials said there are no reports of the Zika virus being transmitted locally by mosquitoes [but] imported cases of the virus make local spread possible.

“Now that we know Zika virus can be transmitted through sex, this increases our awareness campaign in
educating the public about protecting themselves and others,” said Zachary Thompson, DCHHS director.

As NBC dryly notes, because there's no vaccine and there are no available treatments, your best bet is to "avoid mosquitoes" and abstain from having sex with the infected.

We wonder if Washington will soon follow in Brazil's footsteps and grant health officials the right to enter private property without obtaining a warrant in the course of hunting for mosquitoes.

DALLAS (Feb. 2, 2016) – Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) has received confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the first Zika virus case acquired through sexual transmission in Dallas County in 2016. The patient was infected with the virus after having sexual contact with an ill individual who returned from a country where Zika virus is present. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

“Now that we know Zika virus can be transmitted through sex, this increases our awareness campaign in educating the public about protecting themselves and others,” said Zachary Thompson, DCHHS director. “Next to abstinence, condoms are the best prevention method against any sexually-transmitted infections.”

Zika virus is transmitted to people by mosquitoes and through sexual activity. The most common symptoms of Zika virus are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes). The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting several days to a week.

DCHHS advises individuals with symptoms to see a healthcare provider if they have visited an area where Zika virus is present or had sexual contact with a person who traveled to an area where Zika virus is present. There is no specific medication available to treat Zika virus and there is not a vaccine. The best way to avoid Zika virus is to avoid mosquito bites and to avoid sexual contact with a person who has Zika virus. “Education and awareness is crucial in preventing Zika virus,” said Dr. Christopher Perkins, DCHHS medical director/health authority. “Patients are highly encouraged to follow prevention recommendations to avoid transmitting and spreading Zika virus.” DCHHS recommends the following to avoid Zika virus: Use the 4Ds to reduce the chance of being bitten by a mosquito. DEET All Day, Every Day: Whenever you’re outside, use insect repellents that contain DEET or other EPA approved repellents and follow instructions. DRESS: Wear long, loose, and light-colored clothing outside. DRAIN: Remove all standing water in and around your home. DUSK & DAWN: Limit outdoor activities during dusk and dawn hours when mosquitoes are most active. Travelers can protect themselves by doing the following: Choose a hotel or lodging with air conditioning or screens on windows or doors. Sleep under a mosquito bed net if you are outside or in a room that is not well-screened

Too scary to contemplate the possibility of one insect can create small head human beings. Sounds like human evolution is soo fragile. I suspect reasons may be very different and Zika is just cover. This may be accumulation of different things in the past and vaccines may be just a trigger.

Back
Top Bottom