Noam Chomsky

I think we will see more and more of these 'gatekeepers' falling off the deep end.

Chomsky is really showing his true colors now, just like Michael Moore. :barf: is my opinion. The "hidden hand" is really coming out in the open these days it seems. My tolerance for Chomsky has been very low over the years. Much of that is how he presents himself, a low, monotone voice and smug intellectualism is insufferably tedious, he's another sleeping pill :zzz:. And behind the slumpy facade is deception which certainly adds to the overall "slithery" quality of his manner. So annoying!

SummerLite said:
I think we will see more and more of these 'gatekeepers' falling off the deep end.

Chomsky is really showing his true colors now, just like Michael Moore. :barf: is my opinion. The "hidden hand" is really coming out in the open these days it seems. My tolerance for Chomsky has been very low over the years. Much of that is how he presents himself, a low, monotone voice and smug intellectualism is insufferably tedious, he's another sleeping pill :zzz:. And behind the slumpy facade is deception which certainly adds to the overall "slithery" quality of his manner. So annoying!

If you think of it, we are seeing the true colors of a lot of things recently. That includes a lot of these gatekeepers, but also our leaders, and institutions, like the intelligence agencies and of course the media. I suppose this could partly be because of the quickening of the Cosmos, or the Wave as described by the C's. In any case the deterioration seems to be on an accelerated pace.

bjorn said:
New low for Noam Chomsky:

Noam Chomsky: Trump could stage a ‘false flag’ terror attack and ‘change the country instantly’
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/noam-chomsky-trump-could-stage-a-false-flag-terror-attack-and-change-the-country-instantly/

Author and political philosopher Noam Chomsky sounded a dire warning on Monday in an interview with AlterNet’s Jan Frel, saying that President Donald Trump could stage a “false flag” terror attack in an effort to consolidate his power and strip Americans of their constitutional rights.

Why would Trump do that, Americans are already stripped away of their constitutional rights under the NDAA thanks to the Obama administration.

Chomsky warned that eventually the people who voted for Trump will realize that his “promises are built on sand” and begin to lose faith in his presidency, at which point Trump will need someone to scapegoat, so he will say, “‘Well, I’m sorry, I can’t bring your jobs back because these bad people are preventing it.’ And the typical scapegoating goes to vulnerable people: immigrants, terrorists, Muslims and elitists, whoever it may be. And that can turn out to be very ugly.”

The only thing Trump seems to be aiming at is his open hunting season on pedophiles, but let's keep silent about that.

“I think that we shouldn’t put aside the possibility that there would be some kind of staged or alleged terrorist act, which can change the country instantly,” Chomsky said.

Staged terrorists attacks already occured, and already chanced the counry and the world dramatically, Noam Chomsky is living under a rock.

Chomsky — who has called Trump a “con man” who will drag civilization “down to the utter depths of barbarism” — also said that much of the world is amused at the outrage many Americans feel about Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

“I mean whatever the Russians may have been doing, let’s take the most extreme charges, that barely registers in the balance against what the U.S. does constantly,” he said. “Even in Russia. So for example, the U.S. intervened radically to support [Boris] Yeltsin in 1991 when he was engaged in a power play trying to take power from the Parliament, Clinton strongly supported him. In 1996, when Yeltsin was running, the Clinton administration openly and strongly supported them, and not only verbally, but with tactics and loans and so on.”

“All of that goes way beyond what the Russians are charged with, and of course that is a minor aspect of U.S. interference in elections abroad,” said Chomsky, adding that the U.S. operates under a philosophy of “If we don’t like the election, you can just overthrow the country.”

The White House is reportedly in turmoil after the collapse of the administration’s healthcare law, which was withdrawn before it could come to a vote on Friday. While the president’s poll numbers are at historic lows, Trump’s supporters are still largely loyal to the man they voted for.

Wow.

Well that's that, it would seem. When people unzip it tends to be all the way and quite rapidly.

-Probably because picking a false narrative requires that you accept a whole slew of other axioms needed to keep the tinker toy palace from crashing down.

The problem is that with a false reality model, when you reach the edges of the structure, or dip too far down into its workings, it begins to unravel, -taking its true believers along with it.

With Objective Reality, there is no edge of the structure. It self-validates forever in every direction, and the whole thing exists without any requirement of outside energy input to 'Will' various bogus elements into shape. -Freeing up energy to do other things rather than spend it Believing As Hard As You Can. (And chasing around those who refuse to play along and who keep poking at the sticks on your rickety palace.)

Poor Chomsky. He showed such promise back in the sixties and seventies...

It's really sad to see him slide into a dream in the past.

Woe unto those who think they've got it all figured out. I'd absolutely hate to vanish in a puff of self-congratulatory false reason!!

Woodsman said:
bjorn said:
New low for Noam Chomsky:

Noam Chomsky: Trump could stage a ‘false flag’ terror attack and ‘change the country instantly’
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/noam-chomsky-trump-could-stage-a-false-flag-terror-attack-and-change-the-country-instantly/

Author and political philosopher Noam Chomsky sounded a dire warning on Monday in an interview with AlterNet’s Jan Frel, saying that President Donald Trump could stage a “false flag” terror attack in an effort to consolidate his power and strip Americans of their constitutional rights.

Why would Trump do that, Americans are already stripped away of their constitutional rights under the NDAA thanks to the Obama administration.

Chomsky warned that eventually the people who voted for Trump will realize that his “promises are built on sand” and begin to lose faith in his presidency, at which point Trump will need someone to scapegoat, so he will say, “‘Well, I’m sorry, I can’t bring your jobs back because these bad people are preventing it.’ And the typical scapegoating goes to vulnerable people: immigrants, terrorists, Muslims and elitists, whoever it may be. And that can turn out to be very ugly.”

The only thing Trump seems to be aiming at is his open hunting season on pedophiles, but let's keep silent about that.

“I think that we shouldn’t put aside the possibility that there would be some kind of staged or alleged terrorist act, which can change the country instantly,” Chomsky said.

Staged terrorists attacks already occured, and already chanced the counry and the world dramatically, Noam Chomsky is living under a rock.

Chomsky — who has called Trump a “con man” who will drag civilization “down to the utter depths of barbarism” — also said that much of the world is amused at the outrage many Americans feel about Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

“I mean whatever the Russians may have been doing, let’s take the most extreme charges, that barely registers in the balance against what the U.S. does constantly,” he said. “Even in Russia. So for example, the U.S. intervened radically to support [Boris] Yeltsin in 1991 when he was engaged in a power play trying to take power from the Parliament, Clinton strongly supported him. In 1996, when Yeltsin was running, the Clinton administration openly and strongly supported them, and not only verbally, but with tactics and loans and so on.”

“All of that goes way beyond what the Russians are charged with, and of course that is a minor aspect of U.S. interference in elections abroad,” said Chomsky, adding that the U.S. operates under a philosophy of “If we don’t like the election, you can just overthrow the country.”

The White House is reportedly in turmoil after the collapse of the administration’s healthcare law, which was withdrawn before it could come to a vote on Friday. While the president’s poll numbers are at historic lows, Trump’s supporters are still largely loyal to the man they voted for.

Wow.

Well that's that, it would seem. When people unzip it tends to be all the way and quite rapidly.

-Probably because picking a false narrative requires that you accept a whole slew of other axioms needed to keep the tinker toy palace from crashing down.

The problem is that with a false reality model, when you reach the edges of the structure, or dip too far down into its workings, it begins to unravel, -taking its true believers along with it.

With Objective Reality, there is no edge of the structure. It self-validates forever in every direction, and the whole thing exists without any requirement of outside energy input to 'Will' various bogus elements into shape. -Freeing up energy to do other things rather than spend it Believing As Hard As You Can. (And chasing around those who refuse to play along and who keep poking at the sticks on your rickety palace.)

Poor Chomsky. He showed such promise back in the sixties and seventies...

It's really sad to see him slide into a dream in the past.

Woe unto those who think they've got it all figured out. I'd absolutely hate to vanish in a puff of self-congratulatory false reason!!

Yes, kind of wow, yet not surprising either. Chomsky tends to use, as a good gatekeeper does, narratives that strike an accord with followers, and admittedly he introduced many important issues over the years, and he still is able to unpack the geopolitical landscape, OSIT. However, his shift to a deeper position or a dismissive position when it suits him, seems to be the norm. As for the Trump comments above, he seems vastly hypocritical of his previous discussions on c-theories, yet that was Bush era, and Chomsky's push was only so far. It's the same game with the left, his push is only so far as he has kin and support there - Trump is foreign, and against all that Chomsky says he stands for.

Barry Zwicker made some pretty interesting comments on Chomsky, having read most of his books, followed him, interviewed him and attended Chomsky's conferences. However, after 9/11 that all changed.

_http://educate-yourself.org/cn/noamchomskygatekeepersofleft1part04oct07.shtml

Zwicker said:
I myself was one of his earliest supports, from the days when most had not heard of him. My admiration knew almost no bounds. I have a stack of his books more than a foot high. I was honoured to interview him for four segments on Vision TV. A friend of mine and I at one time competed to see who could get the larger number of letters to the editor published defending Chomsky against the ill-wishers who twisted his words or called him names such as "anti-American". I assisted in a small way with the film Manufacturing Consent.

But I became one of those in the Left puzzled, even mystified, as a result of Chomsky's insistence for more than 40 years that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman who killed JFK. This puzzling anomaly took on new significance after 9/11 with Chomsky's opposition to questioning the official 9/11 story - which questioning he says is a huge mistake for the Left.

Here is that video (#3 of 3):

https://youtu.be/BhrZ57XxYJU?ecver=1

Thanks for the Zwicker video on Chomsky. His monotone "calculated" rhythm of voice would bug the heck out of me while listening to him on Democracy Now, even when I "liked him". It was like listening to an electronic voice, which might sound real but lacks a human dynamic!

Here's Chomsky's recent assessment of the situation in Syria, recorded just days before the recent US attack:

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/4/5/the_assad_regime_is_a_moral?utm_source=Democracy+Now%21&utm_campaign=245a11c9df-Daily_Digest&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fa2346a853-245a11c9df-190223493

AMY GOODMAN: We turn now to Noam Chomsky, one of the world’s best-known dissidents. He’s institute professor emeritus at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he taught for more than 50 years. Juan González and I spoke to him live on Democracy Now! on Tuesday’s program. After the broadcast, we continued the conversation. I asked him to talk about the situation in Syria, as well as the broader Middle East.

NOAM CHOMSKY: Syria is a horrible catastrophe. The Assad regime is a moral disgrace. They’re carrying out horrendous acts, the Russians with them.

AMY GOODMAN: Why the Russians with them?

NOAM CHOMSKY: Well, pretty simple reason: Syria is their one ally in the whole region. Not a close ally, but they do have—their one Mediterranean base is in Syria. It’s the one country that’s more or less cooperated with them. And they don’t want to lose their one ally. It’s very ugly, but that’s what’s happening.
Meanwhile, there have been—it’s kind of like the North Korean case we were discussing. There have been possible opportunities to terminate the horrors. In 2012, there was an initiative from the Russians, which was not pursued, so we don’t know how serious it was, but it was a proposal to—for a negotiated settlement, in which Assad would be phased out, not immediately. You know, you can’t tell them, "We’re going to murder you. Please negotiate." That’s not going to work. But some system in which, in the course of negotiations, he would be removed, and some kind of settlement would be made. The West would not accept it, not just the United States. France, England, the United States simply refused to even consider it. At the time, they believed they could overthrow Assad, so they didn’t want to do this, so the war went on. Could it have worked? You never know for sure. But it could have been pursued. Meanwhile, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are supporting jihadi groups, which are not all that different from ISIS. So you have a horror story on all sides. The Syrian people are being decimated.

AMY GOODMAN: And the U.S. now sending 400 more troops to Syria. But if the U.S. has a better relationship with Russia, could that change everything?

NOAM CHOMSKY: It could lead to some kind of accommodation in which a negotiated diplomatic settlement would be implemented, which would by no means be lovely, but it would at least cut down the level of violence, which is critical, because the country is simply being destroyed. It’s descending to suicide.

He's pretty spry for someone his age. I wonder if he comes by that naturally.

He's pretty spry for someone his age. I wonder if he comes by that naturally.

He's being drip-fed blue pills. Sorry if that's noise but between this epitome of left wing hypocrisy and Trump's bombing in Syria, I've been feeling a little furious lately. This man has a lot to answer for.

[quote author= Article Shijing]NOAM CHOMSKY: Syria is a horrible catastrophe. The Assad regime is a moral disgrace. They’re carrying out horrendous acts, the Russians with them.[/quote]

Suddenly now that Trump seems to falls in line with the deep state Noam Chosmky offers his support. This guy is such a tool, or a usefull idiot in the best of degrees.

bjorn said:
[quote author= Article Shijing]NOAM CHOMSKY: Syria is a horrible catastrophe. The Assad regime is a moral disgrace. They’re carrying out horrendous acts, the Russians with them.

Suddenly now that Trump seems to falls in line with the deep state Noam Chosmky offers his support. This guy is such a tool, or a usefull idiot in the best of degrees.
[/quote]

Yeah, totally, and a sharp "tool" at that. As Shijing records above on Noam's assessment on Syria, it tells the story. With his 'on-high' words guaranteed to capture a portion of the left's confirmation bias. Thus, Chomsky has spoken, nothing else to see here. Democracy Now will surly interview him, if not already, and help spread the message.

bjorn said:
[quote author= Article Shijing]NOAM CHOMSKY: Syria is a horrible catastrophe. The Assad regime is a moral disgrace. They’re carrying out horrendous acts, the Russians with them.

[/quote]

Holy bejeebus, super obvious propaganda here. What a jerk wad of him to not even bring up some sort of question. No, he's so sure of it in how he speaks. Damn him.

I learned about him through Democracy Now, which I also followed as an alternative to the obvious propaganda.

It really angers me that these people can divert people who question the official narratives into even more confusion.

They are to news like the New Age is to true spirituality: They tell people things to make them stop thinking for themselves. Like Laura said in the intro to sott radio: They have a program for everyone.

I guess I shouldn't be angry, but just see it as it is. People can't think for themselves and see Chomsky/Democracy Now as propaganda, so maybe they never were capable of discernment in the first place? It sounds narcissistic but seriously, without that judgement call- I would feel beat down that I could do nothing to stop the propaganda! But it's a feedback loop, they have a big audience of semi-ignorant people which in turn gives them more credibility...

The Republican Party is more dangerous than so-called Islamic State because of its lack of action on climate change, Noam Chomsky says.

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnews/videos/10154538625991200/

Shijing said:
The Republican Party is more dangerous than so-called Islamic State because of its lack of action on climate change, Noam Chomsky says.

Well that's pretty clear that we should not listen to Chomsky.

hlat said:
Shijing said:

I'd say not so much "not listen to him", but more "applying proper discernment and taking his opinions with a big grain of salt". No need to put people in right/wrong categories, IMO it's more about discerning whether certain things people say are true or false. Chomsky does have some valuable things to say after all, for example his critique of the media can still be useful, especially in discussions with people who still believe the MSM a bit too much...

luc said:
hlat said:
Shijing said:

I'd say not so much "not listen to him", but more "applying proper discernment and taking his opinions with a big grain of salt". No need to put people in right/wrong categories, IMO it's more about discerning whether certain things people say are true or false. Chomsky does have some valuable things to say after all, for example his critique of the media can still be useful, especially in discussions with people who still believe the MSM a bit too much...

Problem is I think that because he says the right things everynow and than, is exactly the reason why a lot of people can't look further.

I think people like him are far more damaging than the average die hard warmonger er. They are more easy to look through, Chomsky on the other hand is just keeping people in his spell by telling the truth every now and than.

- Don't know if that makes sense. FWIW.

Back
Top Bottom