Not receiving Alerts

meadow_wind

Jedi Master
I am "watching" this thread: Éiriú-Eolas Online Workshops and Practice - Public
I used to receive the alerts, but it's been more or less 2 weeks since I don't receive them anymore.
I went into the thread, clicked Unwatch then Watch again. Let's see if it solves the problem, otherwise I'm not sure how to fix this.

For push notifications, there are so many these days that the push services are overloaded. Thus, you won't get many of them.

For e-mail notifications, it depends to a large degree on your e-mail address. Hotmail, for example, has been notorious for years for simply eating many e-mails. Many other companies/ISPs use Microsoft/Hotmail's anti-spam system, which is an AWFUL idea. In that regard, Gmail is the best overall - unfortunately.

Our e-mail sending service, SendGrid, reports that 89% of our mail is opened but our reputation is very high. The open rate is down a lot from previous years, so spammers are also taking their toll.

SendGrid and others are implementing new "bulk sender" rules in 2024, obviously becuz e-mail spam and deliverability is becoming even more difficult - even for companies whose sole purpose is getting people's mail delivered! 😩

So yeah, best bet is to visit the forum regularly and look at the Alerts (click bell in upper-right corner of window).

So yeah, best bet is to visit the forum regularly and look at the Alerts (click bell in upper-right corner of window).
Thanks for your detailed reply, although it does not apply to what I was referring to because I am not subscribed to push notifications nor to email notifications. I was indeed referring to the alerts/bell in upper-right corner: I'm no longer receiving the alerts of at least 1 thread I clicked as watching. It's not a big deal, but I thought it would be good to warn the team about this "bug".

Thanks for your detailed reply, although it does not apply to what I was referring to because I am not subscribed to push notifications nor to email notifications. I was indeed referring to the alerts/bell in upper-right corner: I'm no longer receiving the alerts of at least 1 thread I clicked as watching. It's not a big deal, but I thought it would be good to warn the team about this "bug".

OH... That's really not normal. :huh:
Well, XenForo 2.3 is supposed to be released very soon, so hopefully they fixed whatever's wrong!

Back
Top Bottom