Notice pertaining to Fars News site

angelburst29

The Living Force
10/24/2019 - With the events happening in the Middle East and Syria, Fars News site is one of sites I visit for current info and to cross reference info.
Late last night, I checked the site and new reports weren't uploaded yet BUT this morning, as soon as I went to the site - it locked up my computer - even with all the professional security walls I have installed. Microsoft wanted to charge me $199.99 to unlock it and give one year service. I got on my Cell and called the tech firm that periodically services my computer - they walked me through and unlocked my computer and did a remote security scan. Fars News has been attacked with multiple Trojans - figures since it's Iranian base. My suggestion, avoid Fars News ... unless you want to test your security.

10/24/2019 - With the events happening in the Middle East and Syria, Fars News site is one of sites I visit for current info and to cross reference info.
Late last night, I checked the site and new reports weren't uploaded yet BUT this morning, as soon as I went to the site - it locked up my computer - even with all the professional security walls I have installed. Microsoft wanted to charge me $199.99 to unlock it and give one year service. I got on my Cell and called the tech firm that periodically services my computer - they walked me through and unlocked my computer and did a remote security scan. Fars News has been attacked with multiple Trojans - figures since it's Iranian base. My suggestion, avoid Fars News ... unless you want to test your security.

Fars News site works great for me: :-)

FARS.PNG

My suggestion, disable Windows update and Adobe Flash Player.

By Brendan Hesse - 10/12/18

Written by Mark O'Neill on March 13th, 2019

Last edited:
My suggestion, disable Windows update and Adobe Flash Player.

Thanks SToRmR1dR, advice much appreciated! :love: (You're "a brave Soul" - I won't go near that site, NOW!!!)

I had only pulled about 3 hours sleep, for some reason I was restless and decided to get up for awhile, made some coffee and went out the back door to have a cig. When I came back in - was still sleepy but figured I'd check what was going on in the news. Fars News was the last site I was on when I logged off - so decided to check there - first ... WELL, I have never had THAT happen to me before! I almost hit the ceiling and de-fibbed! All of a sudden, I'm WIDE AWAKE and in a War-Zone! OMG! Things did improve ... when I found the volume control ... ... ...

On the flashing screen, in large black type - was a Microsoft Support number. The call connected me to a call center ... in Tokyo? What could go wrong? About a minute into the conversation, thoughts surfaced of maybe running things through DeepL translator but alas, my computer was still "locked up-ed!" and flashing. (I even pressed "1" for English?) Didn't do a thing to help ... anyways, in the end, elected to contact my own Tech's. Problem there - it was around 4:30 AM and I had to wait until someone was in the office. When one of the tech's I know finally answered and asked what was wrong - I turned up the volume. He started laughing so loud, I could have pulled him through the phone! But everything's "ALL BETTER" now.

You know, sometimes, it's really hard ... being me!

Fars News site is working for me too.

I'm running Linux and having the uMatrix plugin in my browser. That has served me well as I go around on the Internet. It may not be practical for you to run Linux, but I would highly recommend the uMatrix browser plugin.

Fars News site is working for me too.

I'm running Linux and having the uMatrix plugin in my browser. That has served me well as I go around on the Internet. It may not be practical for you to run Linux, but I would highly recommend the uMatrix browser plugin.

Thanks for the advice, Bobo08! Very Much Appreciated! :-) Between You and SToRmR1dR - I'm starting to get a complex.
NO way am I going near that site - until my blood pressure lowers! I've taken the advice on board and will call the tech's early on Monday and see what they have to say. They set up the security on my computer and I don't do anything - without contacting them first.

Thanks, again!

Back
Top Bottom