Ocular migraine issue

Year ago I had some visions problems after consuming something unhealthy (alcohol of some kind) i took some days off, went to eye doctor she gave me some drops and it fixed me in few days.

That event made me scared and i wasn't 100% sure if that was consumable (i am still not sure), or maybe its just entire lifestyle that is at fault (i feel guilt of my lifestyle, so i think lifestyle was case as well).

As a software developer, stopping glaring at screen is a big no. I do it for a living and changing whole lifestyle in those times is too big challenge for me.

I replaced one of my displays with e-ink screen and it was one of best investment in lest few years. Eyes are grateful and i do not remember them being dry unless when i lack sleep, but sleep is topic for another time.

If one is ready to switch to more healthy devices there are only few obstacles/disadvantages:
  • price (about 1000 euro for 13,3 inch on, 2000+ euro for 25 inch one)
  • slow refresh time (from few to dozen frames per second, compared to 60 or even 144+ in LCD) E-ink makes watching videos unusable unless One is really desperate (that is why i still keep other display that i turn on when necessary.
  • no colors

Vision recovery or at least not getting worse far exceeds disadvantages, and you can always have multiple displays depends and use them depending on situation.

Back
Top Bottom