offering a 2nd hand IR-blanket for sale on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iconoclast

Jedi Master
i wasn't sure where to ask and i didn't want to PM a random mod, so i'm asking here.
please delete this post if unacceptable.

i have a 'get fitt' cocoon IR blanket i would like to sell and it seems to me here on the forum it would be much easier (as opposed to the general public) to find someone interested, since many are already 'in the know'.

if there is an acceptable way to do this, please let me know. thanks.

I might be interested if you still have it. How much are you asking for it? What condition is it in?

hey, HowToBe - yes i still have it.

the blanket is in very good condition - it was used less than 25 times.

the original price was over € 500 IIRC, so i'm asking for € 300 plus shipping (from europe).

i can send pictures if you want.

EDIT (after writing the rest of the post): Oh, yeah! I should take into account that plugs and power are different in the US, so I'd need an adapter, right? I don't think I could afford the sauna and a quality adapter at the moment. I think I'd need to know the wattage, voltage, and the frequency (hz) of the appliance so that I could get the right adapter, and maybe even then there might be risk involved, based on a few things I've read. It seems things sometimes go wrong despite using adapters...

For my own reference, that is about USD $412.59 plus shipping. This will be a pretty big purchase and significant step for me if I buy it, so I'll need to get up to speed about FIR and to decide whether this is the financial choice I want to make at the moment. As for pictures, I won't ask you to bother unless I decide I'm definitely interested. If you want, though, you could post/link them to this thread.

I notice at a glance that the price of this unit is higher than other similar units. What are the advantages of this particular unit? I've read that it's durable, gives 360 degree FIR, and saw their video showing that the EMF is very low.

If you don't mind answering, why have you chosen to sell it?

well, the unit has a UK plug that goes into some kind of breaker/adapter with a standard euro plug.
the main control unit reads: voltage: AC200-240, 60Hz, input power: 330W

but i don't think it would be wise for you to buy this european version. who knows what adapter is the right one for the US? also - i'm not sure if you wouldn't have to pay customs duty as well if i sent it to you from EU to US.

to answer your other Q's:
i got this one (as opposed to another brand) way back when sott started getting interested in these and had a guy from get-fitt on the podcast and he made reasonable arguments for his product.

i'm selling it because we bought 2 at the time - 1 for my parents and one for me.
i don't use mine nearly as often as i should, but my parents never use theirs, so that's why i'm selling it.

My thoughts are the same, although I feel a bit bad for taking some of your energy in the process. Just my programs, I suspect, because it does take information to make a decision. So thank you for providing that.

hi, liam1310!
if i interpret the info from the post office website correctly, standard/basic shipping from AUT to IRL will be around EUR 20-30.

ill take it, Its been on my mind to get one for a while may as well get it while its going cant afford it new.
I trust all is good.
how can we exchange details, make payment bank transfer or whichever you prefer

cheers

hey liam1310,
glad to hear you want the blanket!

i tried PM'ing you but i think you don't have enough posts.
maybe you can try to PM me and send me an email address so we can hash out the details.

had a look around there i don't seem to have option to send messages
maybe the mods could forward my email to you i give my permission

hey liam1310, let's try it this way:
here is my address, i'll edit this post and delete the link as soon as i get an email from you.

Iconoclast, I removed your address as you will not be able to edit it.

I have copied liam1310's email addy from his profile and will pm it to you. If this does not work, or the email in liam1310's profile are not correct, let me know.

thanks nienna that should work

i tried emailing that address you posted it wont go through

ill keep an eye out for your email

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom