OPs/Vampires in the Media

Ruth said:
jaye said:
For anyone who is afraid of opening up their intuitive abilities, I recommend working with plants and animals before working with humans. Also, pay attention to how the natural world responds to your presence-are animals afraid of you? or do they let you approach them? If you are centered and grounded, chances are they will let you approach-or will actually approach you.
Yeah, its a good start. I think that people who are right brained orientated (or 'bossed' around by the right side of the brain) can have a bit of difficulty 'opening up' their intuitive (creative?) abilities, which probably come more left brain.

Its kind of funny, but these people usually ask for 'intructions' (like there's a manual out there, or something, - very right brained!) on how to involve the other half. The only thing I could suggest is do something that you wouldn't normally do. Something creative and way off the usual. The secret seems to be to create a balance, or a harmony between the two hemispheres so that you 'potentiate' something (seeing perhaps?).

Jaye is an example of how to 'organise' that balance. i.e. grounding versus non-grounding. I guess you'll find that the most 'centered' people do this or try to do it in their lives.

I would suggest for right dominated people, doing something unstructured, colourful, creative (maybe even undiciplined) which you wouldn't normally do. How about finger painting or flower arranging - as long as its not Japanese (too structured). There's nothing wrong with that.
Hi Ruth. Um, are you sure you're correct in regards to the above thoughts? I mean, Laura did explain that the right side of the brain is the root[, or say the 'interface',] of intuition and not the left, here is a snippet from my notes:

[...]
Now, we are getting somewhere. "Believing that one source contains all knowledge is contradicting reality." It is "conceptually limited."

Over the years, many scientists have studied the effects of head and brain injuries. These studies were aimed at understanding the physiological and psychological effects and used a number of experiments to "map the brain." The results have led to theories about two different modes of thinking or "styles of thought," which are generally attributed to the left and right hemispheres of the brain.

In general, the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body. According to the test results and the developing theory, the right brain is most often associated with direct sensual experience of the five sense organs as well as the "sixth sense" of intuitive thinking. "Feelings" are also associated with this side of the brain, and these feelings are often observed to be the result of the person's "sensation" of the environment. This "sensation" of the environment can be the external world or the internal "state of being." Also, we must note that the Right brain, as the Observer of the external and internal environment, only perceives NOW.

The Left Brain is associated with the process of CONCEPTUALIZATION and IMAGINATION in its many forms, including the powers of symbolic imagination and those functions related to the symbols we know as language such as labeling, categorizing, following verbal rules and rules in general. The left hemisphere mode of operation is much like a computer screen on which the whole range of concepts of the mind are portrayed and manipulated in the "mind's eye." One of the main "concepts" we utilize is TIME as in Time future and Time past. Have a look at the chart below to see how the different hemisphere's seem to operate."
[ [...] ] :)

The rest can be found here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave12a.htm
[]

Saman said:
Hi Ruth. Um, are you sure you're correct in regards to the above thoughts? I mean, Laura did explain that the right side of the brain is the root[, or say the 'interface',] of intuition and not the left,
Yeah, I might have it round the wrong way! I must be getting mixed up with the ying/yang sides of the body, lol.

Same sort of ideas apply even when the hemispheres of the brain reversed.

For those of you who may not be able to perceive the presence of organic portals using intuitive abilities (or don't want to) I recommend reading the following I wrote for Central Sun Journal-a pseudonymously penned blog I did for about a year or so on Loudwire. I suggest replacing Tom Ridge, since he's out of the picture now, with Kenneth Lay or General Hayden the new CIA director or anyone else you may suspect is an OP.

The Public Mask
by

Charles J. Martel

I once participated in a workshop sponsored by the Red Eye Theater group. Each of us took turns assuming what we thought was our public persona or mask and our partners, sitting opposite, would then try to mirror the mask via mimicking facial expressions, postures, etc. She/he would then narrate what they thought the mask was about and more importantly, what the mask revealed beneath. It was quite unnerving to have someone narrate things I was trying to hide about myself in public by assuming the mask I chose to wear whenever I went out. I can't think of the names of the people who facilitated these explorative workshops, but in their honor I'd like to have readers of CSJ try the following:

1. Please take a look at aphoto of Tom Ridge of Homeland Security.

2. Now try to duplicate his facial expression: the mouth, eyes, position of the head, etc.

3. Sense what it is like to hold the expression. How does your body respond? Do you feel any tension? If so, where?

4. Now narrate, out loud, what the mask conveys (you can look at yourself in a mirror) and what the mask reveals. Take notes!

5. The next time you encounter an image of Tom Ridge, pay attention to how you respond to it intuitively. Try this with other public figures as well, especially during this election year!

Back
Top Bottom