Organic Portals: The Other Race

duyunne

Jedi Master
I find it fascinating people can actually think WITHOUT inner monologue and visualization.

I actually go out of my way to think without monologuing sometimes, as it feels like I’m transmitting.

The notion of thinking without my own voice reverberating within my inner ears seems like an asset. Especially in today’s age where it was discovered that those who think with monologue emit subtle vibrations to their vocal chords, a phenomenon known as “corollary discharge”.

3DStudent

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Part II of the Reddit vs. 4chan NPC rabbit hole. Last year it was inner speech. Now it's inner imagery. It seems a lot of people on reddit didn't know that it was possible to visualize:
That really makes the NPC/OP phenomenon hit home. If they cannot see images in their mind, then they cannot imagine things or daydream? You'd think this would affect using visualization to enhance performance (imagining shooting basketball or practicing piano). Not having an inner voice seems robot-like. Sure, sometimes I want to quell my "monkey mind" a bit, but it's there to think things through.

The post about the person who was "waking up" to a newly found voice in his head was interesting. It's the end of the Grand Cycle, and I wonder if some OPs are individuating and graduating to 3D? Maybe it takes more than inner voice or visualization though.

I find it fascinating people can actually think WITHOUT inner monologue and visualization.

I actually go out of my way to think without monologuing sometimes, as it feels like I’m transmitting.

The notion of thinking without my own voice reverberating within my inner ears seems like an asset. Especially in today’s age where it was discovered that those who think with monologue emit subtle vibrations to their vocal chords, a phenomenon known as “corollary discharge”.
By transmitting did you mean that you're broadcasting your thoughts to others? The "corollary discharge" I think is why there are caps to speed reading due to vocalization. I didn't know that the chords actually vibrate, I thought it was just activation of the brain areas for vocalization when you read or think in words in your mind.

duyunne

Jedi Master
That really makes the NPC/OP phenomenon hit home. If they cannot see images in their mind, then they cannot imagine things or daydream? You'd think this would affect using visualization to enhance performance (imagining shooting basketball or practicing piano). Not having an inner voice seems robot-like. Sure, sometimes I want to quell my "monkey mind" a bit, but it's there to think things through.

The post about the person who was "waking up" to a newly found voice in his head was interesting. It's the end of the Grand Cycle, and I wonder if some OPs are individuating and graduating to 3D? Maybe it takes more than inner voice or visualization though.

By transmitting did you mean that you're broadcasting your thoughts to others? The "corollary discharge" I think is why there are caps to speed reading due to vocalization. I didn't know that the chords actually vibrate, I thought it was just activation of the brain areas for vocalization when you read or think in words in your mind.
I think your description may be more accurate than what I’m saying. I do know they’ve developed a translator devices that sets on your neck vocal cord region and interprets your thoughts.

Researchers have created a wearable device that can read people's mindswhen they use an internal voice, allowing them to control devices and ask queries without speaking. The device, called AlterEgo, can transcribe words that wearers verbalise internally but do not say out loud, using electrodes attached to the skin.

Yupo

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Came to understand only yesterday that a long term friend is actually an NPC. For many years have had the strange feeling I was talking to a cement wall with him. Got a reply to an email from this individual yesterday, realized it contained one of about 6 responses he could do and did do over and over with just minor variations. How/why I did not see this before I don't know. I'm still left with the very odd feeling of being in a video game with him. Game over, and I'm glad. It unsettled me in a minor way for many years.

Top Bottom