Origins of Autism and possible uses by STS-oriented entites

Minas Tirith said:
Tony said:
Thanks Minas and Nienna. I really appreciate all the information you are sharing. I'll have a good read. We have researched a fair bit on all sorts of so called causes and cures and have yet to meet someone who has a success story.

Not so sure. I just researched Autism + ketogenic diet and got quite a few replies. Of course you have to be careful, since there is a lot of disinformation out there (Politics trumps Science: Jeff Volek in his excellent video, see Keto-Adapted thread), but look at these (and there are more):

https://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/in-brief/2013/cognition-and-behavior-diet-makes-autism-mouse-friendly
http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/gluten-free-ketogenic-diet-with-mcts-reverses-autism-and-eliminates-seizures/
http://articles.courant.com/2013-06-05/health/hc-ketogenic-autism-0606-20130605_1_ketogenic-diet-high-fat-diet-epilepsy-center

All of them studies.

M.T.
Hi MT. I meant meeting real people face to face. Not reading stories on the internet.

Hi Tony,

Tony said:
I wrongly assumed that this forum was about getting answers from the C's through Laura's help and others. It's more for getting opinions, suggestions and ideas, which is a little disappointing. The C's transcripts answered so many good questions over 10 years ago, so I thought I would find a tonne of answered questions here, now that it is 2014?

I can understand the frustration you feel when faced with a condition like autism -- there's a lot of diverse information out there about it, much of it inconclusive and/or contradictory; it can be frustrating when you try hard to find an answer and the people you are paying to help you aren't able to provide you with a direct solution.

Regarding asking the Cs about this, there is a general principle that questions are asked only when we've exhausted all of our options in figuring out the answers to a question ourselves. The idea is that we are trying to learn to rely as much as we can on our own efforts, and not rely on the Cs for easy answers, which would inhibit our individual and collective growth. This can be difficult sometimes, when we've spent a lot of time and energy looking for answers, but in the end there may still be lessons to be learned in the process, as painful as it is at times.

That being said, there may be something of interest to you in Richard van Konynenburg's work connecting autism and CFS -- I posted a video of one of his talks here earlier today, and I'll place a link below where you can read more about it:

http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/glutathione-depletionmethylation-blockades-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/glutathione-depletion-methylation-cycle-block-a-hypothesis-for-the-pathogenesis-of-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-richard-a-van-konynenbury-ph-d

The following part is particularly relevant:

CFS involves a large variety of symptoms (71,72), the chief ones being extreme fatigue, post-exertional malaise and/or fatigue, sleep dysfunction, muscle pain, and symptoms involving the brain that are significant but less profound than in autism (e.g. cognitive and memory difficulties).

The author proposes that these differences result at least in part from the different ages at onset. Autism develops early in life, before the brain is completely developed and before puberty, while the onset of CFS occurs after brain development is completed and (for the most part) after puberty.

Pangborn (73) has discussed five hypotheses that have been suggested to explain the higher prevalence of autism in boys. Of these, the one that appears to be most consistent with the present author’s hypothesis of a common pathogenesis between CFS and autism is the one put forward by Geier and Geier (74). Their hypothesis proposes that the higher prevalence of autism in boys results from the potentiation of mercury toxicity by testosterone, while estrogen is protective. There is increasing evidence that mercury was a significant factor in the etiology of many cases of autism, because mercury-containing thimerosol was used as a preservative in vaccines given to them. Since thimerosol was removed from childhood vaccines, the number of new cases of neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism, has been found to be dropping (75).

The present author has proposed a hypothesis (76) to explain the higher prevalence of CFS in women, involving an additional bias toward oxidative stress due to redox cycling in the metabolism of estradiol when certain polymorphisms are present.

With regard to symptoms, it seems likely that the role of methylation in the formation of myelin basic protein (77) is at least part of the explanation for the major problems in brain development in autism and the symptoms that result from them.

Fatigue is not recognized to be a major feature of autism. However, it should be noted that the evaluation of fatigue is usually based on self-report, which is not possible in children who are unable to speak. Also, it seems possible that fatigue may be manifested differently in very young children as compared with adults. Features such as hyperactivity and irritability may reflect fatigue in these patients.

Chronic pain may also be difficult to identify and characterize in children who do not have speech. A recent paper suggests that chronic pain may be the initial presenting symptom in cases of undiagnosed autism (78).

Many of the other phenomena found in CFS are also found in autism, but historically they have not received as much attention in autism as the brain-related symptoms, perhaps because the latter are so striking and profound. Some of the other phenomena that autism has in common with CFS in addition to those already mentioned are elevated proinflammatory cytokines (79), Th2 shift in the immune response (80), low natural killer cell activity (81), mitochondrial dysfunction (82, 83), carnitine deficiency (83), hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis dysfunction (84), gut problems (85), and sleep problems (86).

As for the involvement of STS entities? I suppose it depends on whether or not they could and would create specific genetic mutations which result in the problems discussed in the paper and videos linked to above, or whether those mutations would arise merely through chance. Regardless of the answer to that, I hope this information may be helpful to you.

Tony said:
Hi MT. I meant meeting real people face to face. Not reading stories on the internet.

:huh:
You didn't click on the links, did you?

All of them are medical studies:

https://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/in-brief/2013/cognition-and-behavior-diet-makes-autism-mouse-friendly
Ketogenic diet improves core symptoms of autism in BTBR mice.
Ruskin DN, Svedova J, Cote JL, Sandau U, Rho JM, Kawamura M Jr, Boison D, Masino SA.
PLoS One. 2013 Jun 5;8(6):e65021. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0065021 [Add to Citavi project by DOI] . Print 2013.
PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/gluten-free-ketogenic-diet-with-mcts-reverses-autism-and-eliminates-seizures/
Autism and dietary therapy: case report and review of the literature.
Herbert MR, Buckley JA.
J Child Neurol. 2013 Aug;28(8):975-82. doi: 10.1177/0883073813488668 [Add to Citavi project by DOI] . Epub 2013 May 10. Review.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

The ketogenic diet as a treatment paradigm for diverse neurological disorders.
Stafstrom CE, Rho JM.
Front Pharmacol. 2012 Apr 9;3:59. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2012.00059 [Add to Citavi project by DOI] . eCollection 2012.

PMID:
[PubMed]

You find more here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=autism+ketogenic+diet

I wrongly assumed that this forum was about getting answers from the C's through Laura's help and others.

You can ask her directly, sometimes questions from forum members are being dealt with in the sessions.

The C's transcripts answered so many good questions over 10 years ago, so I thought I would find a tonne of answered questions here, now that it is 2014?

I checked and couldn't find anything on autism, so how do you expect us to provide a ready-made answer? When you read the transcripts, there are more or less two reasons for pathological conditions that stand out: Diet/Lifestyle and Karma.

M.T.

I'm sorry MT. Thanks for sharing but I just don't have much faith in medical studies, trials on rats, reports etc when it comes to autism. There are too many variances to be able to conduct any worthwhile test in my opinion.

The whole change of diet sounds like good common sense and I can believe that it would make a difference to anyone. The difficulty with parents who have to work and bring up an autistic child is having the extra time and energy to pretty much make every meal and snack from scratch. Then you have the fussy eating habits to deal with etc. Only this type of parent knows what I mean and I don't expect anyone to try and understand what it is like. Life is extremely challenging as it is.

The gluten free diet would work great for someone who has a big supportive family, where time and money isn't an issue.

Hi Tony,

I'm going to share with you what we have been through. Hope this will help.

Our son was 11 years old when he was diagnosed with ASD. He is high functioning. Now he is 13.

We found that diet plays a significant role in his temperament. He reacts negatively to any food colouring. I remember him being hyper and can't control his outburst whenever he had even a single M&M's. The whole family now is on High Fat Low Carb, Gluten Free and Paleo diet for quite some time now. Because of the fact that he is high functioning and 11 then, we exposed him to a lot of knowledge about autism. The whole family watched Temple Grandin, the movie. After watching that, he literally lits up as he could connect with Temple. He now can explain to us how his brains work, and how he perceive the world around him in his own words.

There is a very good book called "The Imprinted Brain" by Christopher Badcock that you may want to read to understand more on the mechanics of an autistic brain.

You mentioned about your son throwing tantrums. Please understand that your son is 3. Normal kids throw tantrums at 3, what more those with ASD. There could be sensory overload. And when he is 3, he can't tell you as yet what bothers him the most. You may have to guess. It could be the sound. It could be the smell. It could be skin sensitivity. But the problem is, when they are at level 10, it is quite hard for them to calm down. Hugs works perfectly for our son. The trick is to have the calming energy as well. Autistic kids are known to go from 1 - 10 in a second. So it is for the parents to be aware of the sensitivity and manage the surroundings.

When he is older, you can teach him awareness. Our son knows exactly when something is annoying to him. He knows his own sensitivity. He becomes aware of the noise level, the crowd, the hardness of the surface of his bed (yup, even that!). So he will start counting backwards and take deep breaths in between numbers. It work wonders!

We also found that sending him to a centre where the teachers and personnel are trained in handling those with ASD very helpful. Our son was at the centre for 1 and half years. Now he is back at a main stream school. So far so good!

On your question whether Autism may be used by STS entities, IMHO, it is as open as much as normal people may be used by STS entities.

[quote author=Shijing]
I can understand the frustration you feel when faced with a condition like autism -- there's a lot of diverse information out there about it, much of it inconclusive and/or contradictory; it can be frustrating when you try hard to find an answer and the people you are paying to help you aren't able to provide you with a direct solution.
[/quote]

Thanks for understanding Shijing. My frustration must be really obvious. Thanks for the links also, I'll check them out.

Edit:quotes

Tony said:
I'm sorry MT.

No harm done. I fully understand your difficult situation.

I would like to offer you the following:

Let's say the Cs are asked about your son in one of the next sessions and they would answer "Yes, he is under direct STS influence".

What would change in your perspective?
What would you do?

What would change is that you would have a huge responsibility lifted from yourself. "Sheesh, he's under attack and there is nothing I can do anyway." "I can't help him, it's the way it is, we have to see it as a learning curve". Judging from your last posts this is a little how you already feel, don't you?

I remember a session in the 90s where a question is asked about someone with psychological difficulties. The Cs answer that this person has an implant that brings about all this weird stuff he is experiencing. A participant of the session then asks if he has such an implant as well and, after this is answered in the positive, why it doesn't do him any harm. The answer is that he, in contrast to the other person, has knowledge which renders the implant ineffective.

In every of your last posts you come up with an argument why something offered wouldn't work. That's fine, nobody here wants to push you into anything. It's all on a purely Take-it-or-leave-it-basis (in fact it took me two years to become convinced that the Keto-diet works).

The excerpt from the session above, however, shows that, even if you are under attack, you can counter it by being open to knowledge. It doesn't mean resigning to the fact that your son is the way it is because STS forces want it so.

M.T.

[quote author=Minas Tirith]

Let's say the Cs are asked about your son in one of the next sessions and they would answer "Yes, he is under direct STS influence".

What would change in your perspective?
What would you do?

M.T.

[/quote]

I would understand his behavior a lot better. I would see my sons challenging behavior as a way of purposely making myself or my wife, upset or angry, hence making us the perfect dinner for these STS entities.

Maybe I should just see it that way now, for protection. It's very hard but if we don't have a negative reaction when things get tough then these negative entities may go elsewhere for dinner lol.

Maybe they are using my son to create the perfect negative environment for themselves. An autistic child from day one can really effect every area of your life. It's sad to say, but it's like the perfect curse to ruin a normal family life!

Sorry in my last post I quoted a comment the wrong way.

Edit:quotes

We really do love our son though and I don't mean to make him sound bad.

He is progressing better than all the other children at his therapy center so we are really proud of him. It is the best type of training school for autistic children to go to in Australia (most expensive too!). 10 months of intensive therapy has brought him up to speed with neuro typical kids his age in a lot of areas, not all.

The most amazing thing is he can read certain books, spell all the basic colors and animals, count to 100, repeat the whole alphabet, sing songs (and in different languages), remember road directions, etc and he only turned 3 in Jan! He has a photographic memory and possibly perfect pitch hearing!

We are just wishing for things not to be so difficult all the time. I really feel for the parents whose children are a lot more affected than mine and who don't respond well to therapy.

Tony said:

Tony, did you read Starlight's post here and Foofighter's in this thread?
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34509.new/topicseen.html#new

M.T.

Thanks MT, yes I did. The video was helpful. We are going to try our best to minimize glutamate (MSG etc) in our diet, as well as gluten.

Thank you Starlight for sharing your experience. I hope life becomes a lot easier for you all.

Tony, I have no doubt that you are exploring every avenue for help for your family, so here's another one which may or may not interest you.

"Quote from

http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Diseases-Hulda-Regehr-Clark/dp/1890035017/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279865374&sr=1-1

The Cure for All Diseases: With Many Case Histories Paperback – Illustrated, January 1, 1995
by Hulda Regehr Clark (Author)
262 customer reviews
ISBN-13: 978-1890035013 ISBN-10: 1890035017 Edition: 1st

Buy New Price: $23.74
Unquote"
I have a copy and the good doctor (She was a microbiologist) had a couple of case histories on pages 263, 264 and 266, which may be of interest to you. She is mainly into getting the toxins and microbes out of the system, in particular for autism: lead poisoning and contaminated chicken and eggs. Please note I have no financial or pecuniary interest in this whatsoever.

Tony said:
I wrongly assumed that this forum was about getting answers from the C's through Laura's help and others. It's more for getting opinions, suggestions and ideas, which is a little disappointing. The C's transcripts answered so many good questions over 10 years ago, so I thought I would find a tonne of answered questions here, now that it is 2014?

You'll get a clearer picture of what to expect reading through the forum guidelines, as it sounds like you haven't, not in detail at least.

Autistic children in my experience working with some are highly sensitive to their environment, they most likely pick up on your frustrations for example even if not expressed and act out on those. Out of curiosity is that your experience?

Tony, I know that you said that you were "trying" to reduce MSG and gluten in your diet and that is good because there is evidence that gluten and casein have bad effects on people with autism. But you can't just remove some gluten/casein because even just a little has a bad effect on people. It has to be a complete removal, and that does not mean to use gluten-free foods as they are just as bad a eating gluten itself.

Also, gluten and casein can take up to 6 months to be eliminated completely from the body. The best results from eliminating all gluten and casein are after that 6 month time period. There just isn't a magic pill for these kinds of things.

Sott.net has quite a few articles on this subject. In the search engine on SOTT put "+gluten +autism" (without the quotation marks, but with the plus signs) in the search engine and it will bring up quite a few articles on this. Here are three to get you started:

http://www.sott.net/article/264705-Boy-recovers-from-autism-by-removing-dairy-gluten-Strong-evidence-links-vaccines-to-autism

http://www.sott.net/article/248121-Gluten-The-Hidden-Killer

http://www.sott.net/article/131320-The-Age-of-Autism-Gluten-clue-from-Case-2

Back
Top Bottom