Paleo Salad

shijing

The Living Force
This is a fairly simple salad recipe that can be good for when you need something quick or want to include some greens in your diet:

Salad base: use whatever leafy vegetables work well for you. I used spinach, kale and chard last time I made it, but you can use anything. Fry up a generous serving of bacon and dice it into bits -- you can dice boiled eggs and put them in too if you prefer, or add things like cucumber, onion, etc.

Dressing: use olive oil as a base, and add bacon fat if desired. Mince garlic (the more the better) and sun-dried tomatoes (if tolerated), and add them to the olive oil with salt and vinegar. Things like capers and olives can also be used if desired. Store in a separate container and let infuse overnight.

Stir everything together the next day, and voilá :)

Shijing said:
This is a fairly simple salad recipe that can be good for when you need something quick or want to include some greens in your diet:

Salad base: use whatever leafy vegetables work well for you. I used spinach, kale and chard last time I made it, but you can use anything. Fry up a generous serving of bacon and dice it into bits -- you can dice boiled eggs and put them in too if you prefer, or add things like cucumber, onion, etc.

Dressing: use olive oil as a base, and add bacon fat if desired. Mince garlic (the more the better) and sun-dried tomatoes (if tolerated), and add them to the olive oil with salt and vinegar. Things like capers and olives can also be used if desired. Store in a separate container and let infuse overnight.

The salad was delicious! :D Thanks for sharing the recipe, Shijing.

Nancy2feathers said:
Shijing said:

The salad was delicious! :D Thanks for sharing the recipe, Shijing.
Yes, indeed it was delicious. It's so simple but so good. I love that dressing! Thanks, Shijing. ADDED: what vinegar did you use - apple cider?

Sounds great! I'll try it with arugala, purple basil, dill, cilantro, and parsley. Thanks for sharing.

1984 said:
ADDED: what vinegar did you use - apple cider?

It was half apple cider, half balsamic. Thanks for the compliments 1984 and Nancy2F, I'm glad you liked it -- the rest of the meal was really good too!

SeekinTruth said:
Sounds great! I'll try it with arugala, purple basil, dill, cilantro, and parsley.

That sounds really good, SeekinTruth. I tried another version yesterday with turmeric mixed into the dressing, and that seemed to turn out well too.

Back
Top Bottom