Paleo Women/Diet and Menstruation

I very much enjoyed reading this thread, learned a lot, thanks to everyone for sharing.

Odyssey said:
I have noticed that when I am very low or no carb for a while my interest in sex is very low. Sexual thoughts increase with more carbs.
truth seeker said:
Perhaps people in general aren't meant to have such a strong interest in sex as we are currently led to believe.

_Effects of a diet regimen on pituitary and steroid hormones in male ice hockey players. - PubMed - NCBI

_Diet-hormone interactions: protein/carbohydrate ratio alters reciprocally the plasma levels of testosterone and cortisol and their respective bindi... - PubMed - NCBI
This is a thought I had some months ago, so thank you truth seeker for sharing yours and for the links, the second one is really interesting, and "more accessible" to understand the meaning.

/QUOTE]
I am really interested in this line of thinking. It seems that strong interest in sex is not only manipulated by mainstream medicine, in the way that one should have a "healthy" libido, a diet rich in carbs, but also listening to music as in activating the sacculus as explained in the 'Sex, Lies and Menopause'-book by T.S. Wiley, chapter 1:

"Since time began, men and women have heard music and been driven to sexual ecstasy. It’s common knowledge that listening to music can be a religious experience—especially loud music. For many in Western culture, until the Renaissance, God was actually conceived of as only sound or a vibration. The scientific reason for this is that in the software controlling hearing and balance in your brain, a small organ called the sacculus, part of the balance-regulating system in the inner ear, is “tickled” at certain decibel levels. Loud music can activate the sacculus and create the feeling of movement or floating. That’s why listening to music above 70 decibels sends a pleasurable buzz through the sacculus that ends up at the hypothalamus, a buzz that thrills the listener in the way bungee jumping or swinging very high does, a simultaneous flying and falling feeling.2-6 It’s no coincidence that the distribution of frequencies typical
of rock concerts and dance clubs is at exactly the right decibel level to make listeners feel as if they’re floating. Your sacculus also speaks to the part of your brain that controls drives like hunger, sex, and more than a few other hedonistic responses—the hypothalamus.7-13 That’s part of the reason sex, drugs, and rock and roll go so well together. Of course, the drugs we take now—Prozac, Paxil, Klonopin, Ambien, Tamoxifen, Vioxx, Claritin, or Lipitor, Beta-blockers or ACE Inhibitors, not to mention Advil and Tylenol PM, just aren’t as much fun."

Wiley, T. S.. Sex, Lies, and Menopause: The Shocking Truth About Synthetic Hormones and the Benefits of Natural Alternatives (p. 4). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

See for more recent research on this topic:

Music stimulates the same part of the brain as sex

Also, I can't help thinking that the C's say that all sexual energy goes straight to 4D STS

Session 7 January 1995:

Q: (L) Of all the modes of sexual expression, which one is more likely to advance one to 4th density more rapidly?

A: Total celibacy.

Q: (D) Well then I'm okay! {laughter} (V) Can you explain why total celibacy?

A: Because you are then "letting go" of the cravings for physicality. {That is, celibacy when one has let go of cravings is effortless. Celibacy that is an effort is probably not positive because it is done in an effort to GET something, i.e. advance to 4D.}

Q: (T) It is a 3rd density act which entices you to 3rd density. (L) Okay, now, what is the second most likely for advancement? {laughter} (D) We have me taken care of, now we're going to get you taken care of! (J) In order of importance... {laughter}

A: Does it matter?

Q: (D) It does to Laura, would you please answer? (L) I suppose that everyone should get to the point that they would simply desire to be totally celibate and totally let go of all physical things and so forth, but, we have left to us, at this point, heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and multisexuality {laughter} (D) We also have the ability to take pleasure in our physical bodies in those forms of sexuality. We have the ability to have pleasure in the flesh and they can't. And, what I have read, is that they envy that. (L) Is that true, that you envy our physicality?

A: No. Not in the least!

Q: (L) I have read that when you are at the higher spiritual levels that you can do a spiritual merge which is better than orgasm. Is that true?

A: Why do you need orgasm of any kind?

Q: (L) Well, it does seem to be like one of the ultimate experiences of physicality. (T) That's exactly it... it's physicality... (L) If that is so, isn't everything that exists in the physical, 3rd density world, in some way a reflection of experiences or states of being on higher realms?

A: 3rd density as you experience it is an illusion you have been fed to continue your imprisonment therein.

Q: (L) So, in other words, there is no cosmic orgasm that keeps the worlds in existence as exemplified by the eternally copulating Vishnu and Shiva?

A: That is Bull! {laughter}

Q: (L) Well, they teach this stuff in the Eastern religions and they even have the idols sculpted in this posture...

A: That is a rationalization to continue the illusion.

Q: (L) So, in other words, the orgasmic experience is quite literally a lure to keep us... (D) Controlled... (T) And in the third level... (L) Is that true?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Let's go back to a question I asked in another session on this same subject: what happens to our energy at the point of orgasm? Where does that energy go?

A: Drains to 4th level STS.

Q: (T) Is this a manifestation of the Lizards feeding off of us?

A: STSers there retrieve it.

Q: (T) So, orgasm is a 3rd density manifestation of the 4th density consumption of 3rd density energy?

A: One of their methods.

Q: (D) In "Bringers of the Dawn" it talks about sex and it says that it is an expression of love and so forth and that you should not have sex with someone who does not really love you.

A: Love is all that is needed.

Q: (L) If two individuals, as an expression of true love at higher levels, desire to express this love in a physical way, is it possible to channel the energy in a positive way without feeding the 4th level STS guys?

A: Nope.

Q: (L) In other words, no matter what you do, how you think, or whatever, that's where it goes?

A: Sex is a physical craving.

In relation to menstruation and menopause and possible bio-identical hormone replacement, I can report that I had mirena removed 2 weeks ago, after having had them for 14 years with zero menstruation. Been only paleo for 2 years, so I can't really say that diet made any difference in my case. Before going paleo, my periods were quite light and painless. I used mirena as per advice from the GP for contraception, completely safe they said and at that time I had not done much research on it. As per the last pap smear, also 2 weeks ago, they found atropic pattern cells which goes hand in hand with thinning of vaginal lining, limited estrogen in the body, dry eyes, lousy sleep pattern. I am 48 years old so probably time for menopause. T.S. Wiley makes a very convincing case to try and do something healthy and life-sustaining about falling hormone levels and the subsequent risk of unpleasant diseases. There is only one clinic here in the Middle East region where I live that claims that they do bio-identical hormone replacement, and I will undoubtedly find out about whether or not they use the Wiley Protocol. I made an appointment for Thursday, just for a consult, see what they say and, not un-importantly, what the cost is. Will report then. Is there at present anyone else who is taking bio-identical hormone replacement?

To follow up, consultation was interesting, although she did not know the Sex, Lies & Menopause book, but she seemed very well informed and made a clear distinction between allopathic medicine and functional medicine as they practise there. I will do a blood test next week to find out the hormonal levels in the body. The whole testing thing is already expensive so i will first see which results i get before to proceed as i do not have any troublesome symptoms (yet).
She did say that having had the Mirena for 14 years was bad, so we'll see how things are.... I m just really grateful i came across all this knowledge through the sharing on this excellent Forum!! Big thank you to all

Just want to make a quick addition relating to my anwer #226, where i put in an excerpt from the Cass session of 7 January 1995 where they say that all sexual energy goes to feed 4D STS. IMO, Neil and Joe explain really well how that can be interpreted in the topic:

"Bringers of the Dawn" by Barbara Marciniak.

Neil:
Jan 23, 2016

On the sex issue, there has been a lot of discussion about how Frank might have skewed the information coming through to suit his own beliefs. Looking at the old transcripts and the Pleiadians, they would seem to be in direct opposition. The Cassiopaean position on it seems to have moderated a bit in some of the newer sessions, but if we focus on the old sessions and look at the material regardless of Frank, I would say that neither source had the whole banana. What the Cassiopaeans originally said seems to fit 99% of the time, while the Pleiadians have the other 1%. The Pleiadians focused way too much on their warm and fuzzy "cosmic library card" analogy as being what sex represented, and while I certainly believe it can occasionally be true, it is generally unlikely. The Cassiopaeans originally took an overly conservative approach which closely addresses the reality of sex in our realm by and large, but at the expense of ignoring some of the more esoteric possibilities.

We come seeking answers, we leave having truth.
Like Quote Reply

[IMG]https://cassiopaea.org/forum/data/avatars/m/0/30.jpg?1522655279[/IMG]
Joe
Administrator
Jan 23, 2016

My take on it, is that sex in itself isn't so bad. The problem is who is doing it. As 3D STS being "addicted" to physicality, sex would be seem to be a class A drug of the highest order. If you can reduce or eliminate your addiction to physicality, then sex would take on a totally different meaning, and have a different motivation. So like many other things on which the Cs have opined, it is obviously difficult for them to give a "one size fits all" answer.

To follow up, consultation was interesting, although she did not know the Sex, Lies & Menopause book, but she seemed very well informed and made a clear distinction between allopathic medicine and functional medicine as they practise there. I will do a blood test next week to find out the hormonal levels in the body. The whole testing thing is already expensive so i will first see which results i get before to proceed as i do not have any troublesome symptoms (yet).
She did say that having had the Mirena for 14 years was bad, so we'll see how things are.... I m just really grateful i came across all this knowledge through the sharing on this excellent Forum!! Big thank you to all
You may want to enquire about DUTCH (dried urinary hormone testing), as it provides a more thorough breakdown of the various metabolites and it simple to complete.

If they practice functional medicine, they will surely be familiar with DUTCH testing.

Thanks for that tip Keyhole, i have never heard of DUTCH, but will bring it up and learn about it.

Just thought i would update. Okay, they do the DUTCH test but via another pharmacy apparently, seems weird to me she did not mention it in our first consultation. The cost of all the tests (oligoscan, blood test (mineral, vitamin and hormonal levels), apart from the DUTCH test, is about EUR1,500. And I had to pay EUR 100 for that first consultation. None of it is covered by insurance. I have decided that as I am not symptomatic (just curious) at this moment nor has menses even recurred yet (guess that will take awhile after 14 years of mirena), I will leave it for now.

That is extraordinarily expensive, Laurs.

Where are you based?

DUTCH costs around £220 in British Pounds. I think they are making a nice profit at the centre you are consulting with.

Reactions: Lys
Hi everyone - I appreciate that this thread is now multiple years old and has been dormant for a while, however it does not make it any less relevant and informative.

Thank you to all the women who have contributed and shared their experience, it has been extremely helpful to me over the past couple of years as I have adapted to the Paleo diet as well as stopping oral contraception.

As many of the women who have commented, in hindsight I realise that many of the PMS symptoms I had been experiencing - which were in many ways debilitating - were diet related. Annoyingly, my doctor had prescribed oral contraception at the age of 16, encouraging me take it continuously to stop my periods completely - needless to say, it did help, but at a price. 20+ years later I was able to come off the pill, and it took about 5 years for my body to recover, but the Paleo diet has played a critical part in my recovery.

I agree with many in this thread, that it is simply not just a one-size-fits-all approach, and makes sense as we are all unique human beings with our own reactions to the things that go into our bodies. The most important thing for my experience has been learning to be able to listen to my body again, to use trial and error, and to stay strong.

One final thing to add, as I occasionally still get mild PMS symptoms such as water retention, constipation, mood swings, and cramps, for the last couple of months I have been supplementing with Agnus Castus about a week before the onset of menstruation and although it might be the placebo effect, it seems to be working - at least for me.

Thank you again for all this discussion, not knowing any other women going through this journey, this has been a vital source of support.

One final thing to add, as I occasionally still get mild PMS symptoms such as water retention, constipation, mood swings, and cramps, for the last couple of months I have been supplementing with Agnus Castus about a week before the onset of menstruation and although it might be the placebo effect, it seems to be working - at least for me.
It was mentioned briefly on this thread, but melatonin is the one thing that has helped me the most. They say you can take it on the second half of your cycle. I take 5mg every day and I noticed that PMS was greatly diminished and in some cycles, practically gone.

Melatonin's effects on PMS are well documented, with woman with the most severe PMS having the lowest levels of melatonin on their second half of their cycle.

Back
Top Bottom